Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-19, 09:16 PM   #19
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Roger Goodell, commissioner of the NFL has released a few statements in connection with the New Orleans Saints being robbed in the NFC Championship Game against the Rams. Goodell lied when he said he spoke with New Orleans Saints players. Goodell, when confronted, admitted he never spoke with the Saints players. I think instant replay should be used in any situation where Roger Goodell addresses the media.

Quote: One complaint from Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards resulted in a letter from Goodell. Roger Goodell says NFL will review procedures

Goodell’s letter, posted on Louisiana’s government site, says the NFL basically couldn’t do anything but will take a look into its officiating procedures to avoid a similar situation in the future.
“I fully understand your personal disappointment, and the disappointment and frustration of Saints fans throughout the country,” Goodell wrote in the letter, dated Feb. 6 (via the New Orleans Times-Picayune). According to the Times-Picayune, in January Edwards wrote a letter to Goodell that stated, in part: “By missing the obvious, blatant and intentional penalty at the end of the game, the referees in Sunday’s game undermined that expectation and unfortunately were allowed to determine the winner.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/roger-g...225948507.html

This situation begs the question. Why should anyone next season, watch NFL games where the officials are intentionally and blatantly deciding the outcome of the games played ? Shouldn't the games be decided by the skills of the players on both sides ?

I know sports betting is legal now at various outlets around the U.S. I have an idea. Maybe there should be bets on whether the officials will cheat a team of a win or how many bad or blatant calls it can make in a game.

That might make things more interesting but I think I'm done. Although I'm not a fan of NHL Commissioner, Gary Bettman, I have never seen horrible calls like this in the NHL. Hockey is still the best.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 02-12-19 at 04:38 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote