SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-26-11, 11:10 AM   #1531
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbygneus View Post
Ok I was mistaken to some degree. this is quotation from encyclopedia:

"Most of the visible light spectrum is absorbed within 10 meters (33 feet) of the water's surface, and almost none penetrates below 150 meters (490 feet) of water depth, even when the water is very clear."

Even if I was wrong in my initial statement, I am pretty sure in reality you wont see what you see in SH5 at the 50m depth.

Sober, thanks for the link. I will try the mod!
At 33 feet the color red is starting to be absorbed by the water and thus everything starts looking blue-green. At about 100 feet red is totally absorbed and green is about half-absorbed by the water. Everything starts to look like shades of blue. At about 150-175 feet light is very much reduced and the deeper you go the darker it gets.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 02:30 PM   #1532
Lonelywolfmother
Watch

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Thank you very much for the great work, @TheDarkWraith. People like you made SH5 be the simulator we wanted.

Mi bit of sand: I would really like to have HiDef Realistic Interface in your mega-mod (Actually JSGME compatible).

Or any other mod introducing periscope AOB Finder rings.

Regards.

Last edited by Lonelywolfmother; 06-26-11 at 02:43 PM.
Lonelywolfmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 03:58 PM   #1533
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

RAOBF is in my UIs mod (and so is the attack disk). Once in a scope view click on the RAOBF button in the torpedo box (upper left of screen).

As far as including another UI mod in my mega-mod not going to happen. If I were to do it (and I won't) then you would lose:
- real navigation
- nav fixes (for real navigation - gives ability to add text to the marks also)
- radio messages (and upcoming campaign radio messages)
- Automation (allows player to define scripts that can be ran in-game. Can be used for automating tasks)
- Tutorials (subset of Automation - allows onscreen in-game tutorials so player can learn by using the mod/game)
- follow target (and upcoming follow target offset)
- speed finder (has navigator calculate speed and avg speed based on time that follow target is engaged)
- ability to use mousewheel for setting items
- draggable items position stored at game end and reset at game start. Keeps items where player placed them
- scope settings (can change scope filters on fly specifying any combination of red, green, and blue and ability to specify alpha component to achieve the desired filter effect)
- options file so one can configure the mod how they want
- hotkeys (defined via options file)
- SOAN (vastly enhanced rec manual)
- ability to choose 3 different UI styles (via options file)
- Ship's Journal (along with app that allows you to edit/create journals offline)
- Supermarks (just like regular nav map marks but you can specify color and add text to them)
- Navigator assist (navigator can calculate speed, avg speed, AOB, course, and avg course for player based on range readings taken)
- Destroyed marks
- ability to add new sounds to game without modifying the Sh.sdl file (radio messages feature uses this)
- ability to capture ANY mouse button and call functions when a specified button is pressed/released/clicked
- automatic mast height insertion when locked target is identified (fixes mast height bug of game without need for player interaction)
- high precision timer for timing (allows for many of the advanced features of the mod)

and that just names a few. My mega-mod is centered around my UIs mod. There are mega-mods out that use Reaper7's UI

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-26-11 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-26-11, 09:51 PM   #1534
Lonelywolfmother
Watch

Woooops, I didn't know about your UI mod and all that problems with other ones.

I'm sorry for wasting your time

Now I'm fighting with the config file, I set "AttackRAOBFEnabled = True" but I still no seeing it, I dont figure how to activate it.
Old 06-27-11, 08:32 AM   #1535
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelywolfmother View Post
Now I'm fighting with the config file, I set "AttackRAOBFEnabled = True" but I still no seeing it, I dont figure how to activate it.
Those 'other ones' don't have problems. Those items I listed are features that I have added to my UIs mod.

You have to press the button for it in the attack scope torpedo box. The button says RAOBF.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-27-11 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-27-11, 09:56 AM   #1536
Lonelywolfmother
Watch

*Facepalm* I was not enabling it well... lol sorry

After some time studying the config file, I am really impressed with your work.

Thanks again and keep the good working!

Old 06-28-11, 01:51 AM   #1537
von faust
Soundman

Downloads: 430

Next version of Your Megamod (v0.0.5) include "IRAI (Intelligent Random AI)" and "NewUIs with TDC for SH5 version 6.5.1" (or later) ?

Thanks
von faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-11, 08:15 AM   #1538
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

TDW im in Total Germany 1939 and im able to launch decoys without decoy launcher, is this normal?
Kumando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-11, 09:10 AM   #1539
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumando View Post
TDW im in Total Germany 1939 and im able to launch decoys without decoy launcher, is this normal?
Ah, yes, something I totally forgot about. Is the bold launcher an upgrade that one can purchase in the bunker at some time? If not, what year did the bold launcher become available?
Old 06-28-11, 09:30 AM   #1540
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Ah, yes, something I totally forgot about. Is the bold launcher an upgrade that one can purchase in the bunker at some time? If not, what year did the bold launcher become available?
Guess so dont know, but i red in Iron Coffins that u-boats use to launch compress air in the water to create bubbles and confuse DDs in the process, guess we can pretend that its simulating this
Kumando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-11, 09:52 AM   #1541
Sodbrenner
Nub

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

Sodbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-11, 05:15 AM   #1542
SirBunker
Swabbie

Downloads: 33

I'm having severe issues with the Magnum Opus. Basically the core game and any random mods I've ever installed work fine with 50-60 fps at max settings (phenom x6 1090T, Radeon HD 5870, 8 gigs of DDR3) but with MO installed the framerate drops to 20-30 at first, and a minute or two later drops to 2-5 fps and makes the game almost unresponsive. I tried medium and even low settings and it's the same deal so something's not right.

I'm sorry if this is some obvious thing that's been solved before but I found nothing with my searches.

I've also had several of the mods included in MO installed seperately and they've worked fine, so I guess this is caused by some very specific mod in MO.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
SirBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-11, 05:27 AM   #1543
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Welcome to SubSim SirBunker!

Nice, nick name

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-11, 10:25 AM   #1544
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Welcome SirBunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBunker View Post
I'm having severe issues with the Magnum Opus. Basically the core game and any random mods I've ever installed work fine with 50-60 fps at max settings (phenom x6 1090T, Radeon HD 5870, 8 gigs of DDR3) but with MO installed the framerate drops to 20-30 at first, and a minute or two later drops to 2-5 fps and makes the game almost unresponsive. I tried medium and even low settings and it's the same deal so something's not right.

I'm sorry if this is some obvious thing that's been solved before but I found nothing with my searches.

I've also had several of the mods included in MO installed seperately and they've worked fine, so I guess this is caused by some very specific mod in MO.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Well, let's try to sort this out.
Here at the forum there are no obvious solutions or silly questions. We're here to help each other. BTW, by far the best community of any kind I've ever been a member of.
Next time it could be you helping me out.

I recognize this problem. For me it turned out to be because both CPU and GPU are too quick. Sounds weird but it's a fact in my (and many others') case.
This makes your system all the time struggling to produce as many GPS/sec as possible. But as there are certain things in the game slowing down this struggle that gives a side effect which is this GPS jumping up and down.
The best thing to do simply is to tell the CPU to calm down and put a max limit to the GPS:s.

First - download this and try it;
http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/d3d_antilag101.zip

It gives you the option to limit the number of fps rendered ahead.
Just follow the instructions in the readme.txt, very simple.

I use these settings
RenderAheadLimit=3
FPSlimit=36

Works just fine for me and gives a smoooth picture.
If this doesn't solve your problem just get back here and we'll go on looking for the solution.

Once more - Welcome to SubSim.

/ Silent Steel
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-11, 11:06 AM   #1545
SirBunker
Swabbie

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Well, let's try to sort this out.
Here at the forum there are no obvious solutions or silly questions. We're here to help each other. BTW, by far the best community of any kind I've ever been a member of.
Next time it could be you helping me out.

I recognize this problem. For me it turned out to be because both CPU and GPU are too quick. Sounds weird but it's a fact in my (and many others') case.
This makes your system all the time struggling to produce as many GPS/sec as possible. But as there are certain things in the game slowing down this struggle that gives a side effect which is this GPS jumping up and down.
The best thing to do simply is to tell the CPU to calm down and put a max limit to the GPS:s.

First - download this and try it;
http://www.kegetys.net/dl.php/d3d_antilag101.zip

It gives you the option to limit the number of fps rendered ahead.
Just follow the instructions in the readme.txt, very simple.

I use these settings
RenderAheadLimit=3
FPSlimit=36

Works just fine for me and gives a smoooth picture.
If this doesn't solve your problem just get back here and we'll go on looking for the solution.
D3D antilag is included in Patch 2 and I installed, but while troubleshooting I only tried values 0, 1 and 2 for the RenderAheadLimit (neither had any noticable effect). Anyhow, once I get back home on Monday I'll play around with the config file again and will post results here.

Quote:
Once more - Welcome to SubSim.

Thank you. I've actually lurked around the forums for a while now to see how the mods progress. Indeed an awesome community!
SirBunker is offline   Reply With Quote