SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-10, 12:26 PM   #556
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoram777 View Post
Yes like that , is your mod still a WIP?
Almost there, Keep an on its Thread.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 12:33 PM   #557
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672
Uploads: 0

Not long started using the earlier version and now obviously the newer version (just sank 2 merchants and not a single glitch (same with earlier version no problems at all ))

Amazing I'm using the All Dials in SH5 Enhanced mode with your TDC Dials, really really apreciate all your hard work

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 12:47 PM   #558
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Ahh, doesn't default to minimal dials anymore. Any reason why?

I also had some weird camera disconnect the first time I tried teleporting to the Attack scope, but once I'd made it there manually it didn't happen again.
I'm working my way into the TDC dials being controlled by the user options file. This was the first step in 'disconnecting' the files needed to do this from the core mod. You have to say it was pretty easy though to select which TDC dials mode you wanted Just simply enable the one you wanted via JSGME.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 12:49 PM   #559
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopo View Post
In first place, thank you for your work. I really like it,
Now, I have just a little question: what is the best resolution for your mod?
Because, mine is 1280x1024 and I have the Fuel, CO2, O2, and battery levels bargraph surmounting the Officer shortcut bar when my UI is SH5 Enhanced.
Just boring.

Thank you again
Take care
I run 1920X1200. That works best for me. I can run higher screen res but don't need to. 1920 X 1200 seems to be the 'sweet spot' for this mod.
Old 04-18-10, 12:50 PM   #560
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
elif appears again just a few more lines below the above quoted info. Is elif a valid Python Script expression? Is elif equal to elseif?
yes, elif is the python expression for 'else if'. It's a conditional expression statement.
Old 04-18-10, 12:59 PM   #561
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Some great improvements with V1.2, fantastic work

Some questions/ideas for the SH3 style version:

With 1.2 it's not possible to unselect the officers?

Could you remove the dive buttons with the depth meter?
(can already be seen and controlled with the dials on the right)

And would it be possible to show the map tools on the map instead of next to it?,
(this would save some space on the screen and it would look nicer/cleaner)

You can unselect the officer's order categories very simply. By clicking on an officer it will hide the current order category that is visible. Say you click on the Chief Engineer (CE). He brings up the order category with the propeller, maneuvers, and reports. Now if you click on NA (navigator) that previous order category bar will disappear.

Remove the dive buttons on the far left side? Why? They are quick shortcuts to useful commands - dive, surface, crash dive, and emergency surface. Trying to remove them would be a little complicated as you would have to do lots of scripting to make it work correctly (if it even would work correctly) and then you'd have a problem with the map tools floating up above when they contracted.

Would it be possible to show the map tools on the mini-map? Yes it's possible. Will it do it? No. Too many complications with it. Since the end-user can resize the mini-map in my mod to any size they want, if I placed the map tools inside the mini-map you could experience strange issues of map tools being visible outside the mini-map if you sized it small enough. Second, why take up the little valuable screen real-estate you have with the mini-map by placing more items in it? Third, where it is now and how it's implemented leaves room to add additional items to the map tools very easily. The mini-map is supposed to be a quick reference to the battle situation. It's not the nav-map. The layout as it is now is simple, elegant, and efficient. There's no need to change it.
Old 04-18-10, 01:01 PM   #562
Defiance
Grey Wolf

TDW, My max res is 1920x1200, only a 24" mon for now

If you need a tester for anything in that res just gimme a holla and i'll push whatever to the limit :P

Nice to know most mods now are compatible in the 1920x1200 res's (hopefully gone are the days of trying to convert letterbox to widescreen)

Ohh TDW, i hashed a sound click out for "Menu.PlaySound" besides that l'il extra i'm loving the whole feel of the TDC/UI layouts you've created

Cheers

Bye

Def
Old 04-18-10, 01:03 PM   #563
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
Ohh TDW, i hashed a sound click out for "Menu.PlaySound" besides that l'il extra i'm loving the whole feel of the TDC/UI layouts you've created

Cheers
hashed a sound click? What do you mean?
Old 04-18-10, 01:22 PM   #564
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Heya,
Hmm over here (UK) we call this sign # a Hash

So all's a did was kinda rem'ed the click sound off when ctrl key is pressed

I had figured it out and was just about to try it then stumbled on a post someone had posted doing the same thing lol

I find A: the clicking loud (i have to wear hearing aids) B: not really needed for added reality (doh i mean realism)

Cheers

Bye

Def
Old 04-18-10, 01:26 PM   #565
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunos View Post
What does the option to toggle between Fat/Lut does ?
when you have the pattern running torpedoes, in each tube that has a pattern runner you'll see a green button below that says 'Toggle FaT/LuT'. When you press that button it will show the pattern runner dials of the TDC so that you can set your pattern running torpedoes patterns.

There is one 'green' button always visible so you can press it to see the pattern running dials at anytime.
Old 04-18-10, 01:27 PM   #566
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunos View Post
What does the option to toggle between Fat/Lut does ?
That Fat/Lut button is for Torpedo's that have search patterns. The button brings up the dials that allow you to adjust the search patterns.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 01:29 PM   #567
Yoram777
A-ganger

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
You can unselect the officer's order categories very simply. By clicking on an officer it will hide the current order category that is visible. Say you click on the Chief Engineer (CE). He brings up the order category with the propeller, maneuvers, and reports. Now if you click on NA (navigator) that previous order category bar will disappear.
But I mean it's not possible to have "no" officer selected.
(Which was possible in 1.1)
Now when you start a mission no officers are selected, but as soon as you select one, you will always have one selected.
It's not exactly a big problem or anything, just think it looks better.

Quote:
Remove the dive buttons on the far left side? Why? They are quick shortcuts to useful commands - dive, surface, crash dive, and emergency surface. Trying to remove them would be a little complicated as you would have to do lots of scripting to make it work correctly (if it even would work correctly) and then you'd have a problem with the map tools floating up above when they contracted.
Never used them even once.., since I use those shorcuts on the keyboard, and you can alternatively use the dails.

I mean removing them in combination with moving the tools on the map.
Off course I agree that removing "only" the dive buttons and then have floating map tools wouldn't look good.

Quote:
Would it be possible to show the map tools on the mini-map? Yes it's possible. Will it do it? No. Too many complications with it. Since the end-user can resize the mini-map in my mod to any size they want, if I placed the map tools inside the mini-map you could experience strange issues of map tools being visible outside the mini-map if you sized it small enough. Second, why take up the little valuable screen real-estate you have with the mini-map by placing more items in it? Third, where it is now and how it's implemented leaves room to add additional items to the map tools very easily. The mini-map is supposed to be a quick reference to the battle situation. It's not the nav-map. The layout as it is now is simple, elegant, and efficient. There's no need to change it.
I see, that's too bad, I was hoping it could work.
thanks for your response
Yoram777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 01:50 PM   #568
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
But I mean it's not possible to have "no" officer selected.
(Which was possible in 1.1)
Now when you start a mission no officers are selected, but as soon as you select one, you will always have one selected.
It's not exactly a big problem or anything, just think it looks better.
You can actually, there are three settings in the Options.py file which allow you to scroll and hide the buttons on mouseclick or keypress. To hide them entirely again, just click on another officer, that'll scroll up the menu, move the mouse away and they'll scroll down and out of the way.

Quote:
Re Diving buttons: Never used them even once.., since I use those shorcuts on the keyboard, and you can alternatively use the dails.
There's a few cases where these buttons work better than the keymappings with regards to scripting for some reason. The only complaint I have about it, is that the 5X button to go deeper than 50m is in the exact spot as Emergency Surface if you don't have Ctrl held down, so I'm constantly clicking that button, but forgetting to keep Ctrl down and pop up to the surface instead of diving to evade!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 01:59 PM   #569
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

okay it appears I have the player objectives problem licked (the yellow ! squares along with their descriptions). What I need is someone to test it out.
If you are running v1.2.0 and you see the yellow ! boxes and/or their descriptions and you'd like to test out my changes please PM me and I'll send you the revised files for v1.2.0.
These can be enabled/disabled via a new option in the options file (PlayerObjectivesEnabled)
Old 04-18-10, 02:02 PM   #570
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Been using the SH5 UI version but really like the SH3 with the new WWIIInterface addition added, looks great.

DW would it also be possible to add a True/False option in the next version for removing the message box from being displayed? Much the same as you did for the pop-up message box that can now be removed.

I don't every read it and you do have the option to resize it but wondering if one could have the option to remove it altogether from being displayed above the dials.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui