SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-03-07, 12:54 PM   #2221
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnibonian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Munson
Nice post limkol but I hope you really didn't open fire on those beautiful Nurses at the Quayside with your Flak Gun ?
Something is telling me he used his deck gun....you know the "big calibre one" :p
Wiped them all out in one go ? Aw no, I can't bear the thought !

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

The Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 01:53 PM   #2222
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

....... ...........

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 01:58 PM   #2223
Paco
Captain

Downloads: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
....... ...........

Game, Set and Match go to GWX 2.0
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 02:38 PM   #2224
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
....... ...........

Game, Set and Match go to GWX 2.0
Rgr that Kaleun

Old 12-03-07, 02:44 PM   #2225
wojasos
Watch

Downloads: 26

Hello!
What's the web page of GWX?
wojasos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 03:36 PM   #2226
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojasos
Hello!
You can find all the information you need about GWX on the first couple of posts on this thread. If you still have questions just give us a shout
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-07, 04:41 PM   #2227
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojasos
Hello!
We currently have a GWX forum (crew only), a TS server (open to all on selected channels), but no web site at the moment. We hope to have one operational soon

Old 12-04-07, 11:16 AM   #2228
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Default where is the GWX mod ?

Hello , I was looking for in the first page of this thread to get the main Mod GWX , but was only able to get and Download the expansion of GWX of about 83Mb, where can I download the main GWX Mod and how much Megabites are ? , thank you for the help , but I want to keep the orange circle above the sub and also keep the Hull integrity Percentage , this GWX Mod eliminate this details ? thank you for any help
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:26 AM   #2229
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk
Hello , I was looking for in the first page of this thread to get the main Mod GWX , but was only able to get and Download the expansion of GWX of about 83Mb, where can I download the main GWX Mod and how much Megabites are ? , thank you for the help , but I want to keep the orange circle above the sub and also keep the Hull integrity Percentage , this GWX Mod eliminate this details ? thank you for any help
Hi tonschk,

Links to all the GWX material (both the main download and the 1.03 update are found on the first two posts of this thread.

However, I'll be revamping those two posts soon to reflect our latest FULL release. (GWX 2.0 is only a few days away.)

GWX does eliminate the two details that you asked about, for the sake of realism.

After you get GWX installed though, if you wish one of the GWX team can help you reinstate them.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:55 AM   #2230
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Hi tonschk,

Links to all the GWX material (both the main download and the 1.03 update are found on the first two posts of this thread.

However, I'll be revamping those two posts soon to reflect our latest FULL release. (GWX 2.0 is only a few days away.)

GWX does eliminate the two details that you asked about, for the sake of realism.

After you get GWX installed though, if you wish one of the GWX team can help you reinstate them.

Thank you for your fast answer , can you help me to choose which download to take from the first two post of this thread ? there are many many and I am confused :hmm: , thank you very much
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:57 AM   #2231
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

In the meantime you can d/l the umark file and SH3 Commander from my sig.....BUT DO NOT install SH3 Commander until you have the installation instructions for GWX 2.0.

Old 12-04-07, 12:17 PM   #2232
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Hi tonschk,

Thank you for your fast answer , can you help me to choose which download to take from the first two post of this thread ? there are many many and I am confused :hmm: , thank you very much
First just download the "Installation Guide" near the top of the link list on the first post.

Be aware. That GWX 2.0 will replace ALL current GWX material. GWX 2.0 will be a full-general release.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 12-04-07, 03:03 PM   #2233
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Default Oh beautifull bridge, where art thou!?!

Uhm, I know I'm late to the party with this, as GWX 1.03 has been around for ages and 1.04 well past content-freeze and days away from release. But first-off, absolutely love the attention to detail you guys put in all aspects of historic Uboot sailing. But I'm missing a rather important thing. Didn't anybody ever consider giving those bridges (and traffic ships) in the Kiel Channel navigation lights when you guys put it in? I've only recently begun to do GWX careers from Kiel. I had some really scary moments when I travelled in my Type2 in the pitch black of night hoping I wouldn't crash into a pillar of those bridges. It was imposible to see them. The stress level I experienced was even higher than when I drove surfaced into the scapa bay area (well, tried to anyway ). The only way I could see the bridges was when it's structure obscured the moon. The course plotted by the nav officers on the way in isn't allways run-aground-proof (seems to depend on speed and course upon crossing the kanal-in point), so it's neither safe against bridge-crashing.

Also, while still at daylight/twilight I had to make a slight course adjustment because some stupid ship parked itself right across the channel. After darkness set in I'm sure I wouldn't have seen it, and definately sure I would have collided with it.

Any chance for an GWX update for this?
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 12:07 AM   #2234
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

@ Pisces. If I recall correctly, we have placed navigational bouys marking the Kiel bridges in game.

HOWEVER, in wartime... all navigational bouy lights, and lighthouses remained OFF at night. The stress you feel while trying to navigate the canal in the dark... is most likely a bit of the same stress that real U-boat captains had to face.

When I was in the army, driving tracked vehicles at night as fast as we could to firing points (MLRS... we were always timed) it was at times terrifying. With no night vision gear and using black-out drive, I depended on the chief's eyes to keep me from driving off of a cliff, or into a river... or crushing some poor infantryman.

When I made Sargeant and was promoted to gunner, things got worse. I had to train a brand new private to drive the beast... (New drivers suck... they put bruises all over you... and you just want to beat them senseless.) ... and trust him AND the chief to not kill us all... while I'm trying to direct the track to the firing position via coordinates on a screen that is shaking so bad you can hardly read it.

Light discipline can make you really old... really fast... and make the night seem to last forever.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 12-05-07, 12:17 AM   #2235
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Using the Kiel canal auto route you dont need to plot your course through the canal
Tis already done for you

BEFORE you move in Kiel
Click on Navigator and go to patterns
Select Kiel outbound
Then through navigator again click return to course

The boat will now follow a preset route through the canal

But for visual purposes

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote