SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-15, 04:06 PM   #6226
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 06-02-15, 08:24 PM   #6227
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

I always thought the pirate accent was from "the manner of speech" of merchant vessels of the time period.
Old 06-03-15, 06:26 AM   #6228
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

'Isn't it weird that, pirates never wear bikinis.'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-03-15, 07:53 AM   #6229
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

It's nigh on impossible to have a meaningful argument with someone when you're both bouncing on a trampoline.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Old 06-03-15, 01:52 PM   #6230
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
'Isn't it weird that, pirates never wear bikinis.'
I smell a trap.
Old 06-04-15, 06:48 AM   #6231
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhornchen View Post
I smell a trap.
Or it could just be sheer coincidence there is fish on todays menu.

Old 06-20-15, 02:58 AM   #6232
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 06-20-15, 04:33 AM   #6233
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Pondering the deep questions with SWMBO last night, I decided the human body should be redesigned, as this one clearly has some major design flaws.

1) Swap the toes and knee caps, so you can't keep banging your toes on furniture.

2) Remove the brain from inside the head, where it can be subject to violent impact, to inside the chest cavity where it would be well protected by the rib cage. Move the lungs up into the head to make room, as these are less likely to be damaged by being banged around.

3) Increase the capability of vision, to take in infra-red, ultra violet and night vision.

and most importantly

4) Put the testicals up inside the body where they cannot get kicked, squashed, sat on or generally abused in any way. Make sure they have an efficient internal cooling mechanism to keep things running at optimal temperature.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Old 06-20-15, 06:10 AM   #6234
Harvs
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 76

Just a tale from when i was working as an orderly at a veterans hospital in Perth Western Australia, i was on the dead run this day and was working with a bloke that had not been there long, we got a call for a pickup in ward 10 (cancer ward) and set off to pick him up.

We got there with the trolley and the other bloke had reservations about transferring him from bed to trolley but eventually he agreed to take the feet end ( the body is wrapped in a sheet with just a hand sticking out with a tag on it ).

We get him on the trolley, put the cover over and set off to the morgue through the corridors of the hospital, rounding a corner at the kitchen there is a bump then down a ramp to the lower end of the hospital.

I was at the front of the trolley and had the feet at my end and went over the bump first and started down the ramp, when the back of the trolley went over the bump the body let out some air sounding like lurch from the Adams family.

Then i noticed that my end was getting heavier so i told the bloke to put his shoe on the wheel to act as a brake, then i felt the back end of the trolley slipping left, i look around and the bloke is gone, off like a brides nightie.

I managed to get another orderly to help me the rest of the way to the morgue but this bloke was never seen again, that was back in the days when we got pay in cash, he never picked his up, i think he might still be running.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 TiBOOST X2 in SLI
16GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64BIT
ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE Motherboard
Old 06-20-15, 07:18 AM   #6235
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Similarly.....received a call to go and examine a body for any signs of foul play prior to the arrival of the undertakers. Knocked on the door and was invited in by a grieving family member, walking toward the bedroom where the deceased was I viewed various family members in the lounge area consoling one another.

Entered bedroom accompanied by a family member, put clipboard, baton and radio on a nearby chair to facilitate ease of movement then reached under body on either side with both hands to feel for any obvious signs of foul play, knife wound etc. Body emitted some air and moved upwards an inch or so as a result and I was out of that house in a flash.

Sitting in patrol vehicle feeling deeply embarrassed I eventually pulled myself together and returned to the front door apologising profusely to those inside but thankfully they're response went something like "Don't worry, even at this sad time a good laugh is always welcome."

Old 06-20-15, 11:41 AM   #6236
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Night of the living dead

Similarly; In '92 was security on the grave shift at a large SF elder care facility with all levels of care from Alzheimer's to independent apartment living. My principal function was to assist the undertaker in removing the correct corpse-'no mixups allowed here-read toe-tags carefully!' decedent (always at 2AM naturally) who is wrapped soley in saran-wrap, cooling in the hospital morgue at this point: having been declared dead by the resident (only) RN on duty. We get to the dingy basement 'repository' and are putting the remains on a gurney for transport to the funeral home...when the other one, totally encased in clear wrap suddenly moves-flinching slightly!!! The funereal attendant/driver and I were in shock; but I recovered enough to slit a gap in the wrap with a pocket knife to allow respiration to occur. I retrieved the RN for a hasty reassessment of her "yur dead" skills, and the patient was hastily returned to her bed where she re-succumbed more permanently in a few hours. The next day the ho$pital'$ admini$trator $topped by to implore me not to tell any one....log page removed BBY!

Aktungbby is online  
Old 06-20-15, 01:00 PM   #6237
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589 View Post
4) Put the testicals up inside the body where they cannot get kicked, squashed, sat on or generally abused in any way. Make sure they have an efficient internal cooling mechanism to keep things running at optimal temperature.
But not air-cooled: you don't want your plums dangling anywhere near a fan.
Old 06-20-15, 01:32 PM   #6238
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Icon12 Whaddah ya mean no fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhornchen View Post
But not air-cooled: you don't want your plums dangling anywhere near a fan.
As U wish!And or course this little gem:https://vimeo.com/113142525 of course all this 'pales in comparison' to the age old solution:

Aktungbby is online  
Old 06-21-15, 06:36 AM   #6239
Harvs
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 76

Do you think Bruce Jenner has to pay full price to get into the drag races now ?
NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 TiBOOST X2 in SLI
16GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64BIT
ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE Motherboard
Old 06-21-15, 07:02 AM   #6240
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Oh, this idea has bags of potential!

Tags
random thought