SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-27-16, 12:01 PM   #1021
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I hereby knowingly submit my name for guinea pig status. I have v1.2 on one computer (from SubSim), 1.3 on another (direct), if you want any 'vestigatin' done, let me know.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 12:24 PM   #1022
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Ow! Ow! Ow! You're twisting my arm, Billy! But you and fitzcarraldo have compelling arguments that 1.3 should be the base of choice and any fixes will be applied to that.

Is there ANYTHING in 1.2 that should be applied to 1.3? Vickers interiors I know about. Sound sounds like it should come from v2.0 for the passing shell sounds, etc.

Time to start a separate thread, which will be [WIP] FOTRS Ultimate Project. Making it now.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 02:25 PM   #1023
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Ow! Ow! Ow! You're twisting my arm, Billy! But you and fitzcarraldo have compelling arguments that 1.3 should be the base of choice and any fixes will be applied to that.

Is there ANYTHING in 1.2 that should be applied to 1.3? Vickers interiors I know about. Sound sounds like it should come from v2.0 for the passing shell sounds, etc.

Time to start a separate thread, which will be [WIP] FOTRS Ultimate Project. Making it now.
I'm really sorry Captain!
The boat's safety is above all!
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-16, 06:45 PM   #1024
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

All changes I made in FOTRS were on v13. No great problems, except some little bugs, common to all supermods, specially TMO.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-16, 07:16 PM   #1025
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Download problems where FOTRS v1.2 was really FOTRS v1.3 are now solved. FOTRS versions 1.2, 1.3 and 2.0 are now available directly through Subsim, no remote links at all! That means downloads will be correct, error free and much faster.

FOTRS 1.2 Download
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 01:34 AM   #1026
Balladeer
Seaman

Downloads: 77

I need a little help. I have a fresh install of SH4 and the Uboat addon so I'm running at V1.5. I installed JSGME and activated the mod. The game loads just fine and I can see elements that confirm the mod is installed.(New intro movie)

But just to test the waters, I loaded up the navigation tutorial. I'm missing large sections of sub interiors. I have a few strips so to speak with a 3D crew member and gauges but 80% of is is just sheets of white. External view is good but inside its mostly walls of white nothing. What am I missing? Maybe my download zip got corrupted? Thanks for any help.
Balladeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 06:25 AM   #1027
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Balladeer, it does sound like there's a problem in your download, but to be honest, I've not run the Navigational tutorial to see if there isn't a problem there. I'll do that with a FOTRS v1.3 and see for myself.

I'm assuming you've downloaded FOTRS v1.3? Besides having the new background pictures, movie and music, the main game menu screen also states "Fall of the rising Sun V1.3". If this is correct, try starting out a new campaign and see if the subs (try the default Porpoise from Pearl Harbor) interior is out of whack too. I've started the game from there with no signs of issue....lets see what you've got.

You haven't mentioned any specs for your computer; nor what/where you picked up the game? Sorry to say there's a lot of download sites that aren't up to good quality standards for letting a player modify the game. They have you put the game into areas of the Windows computer that makes it difficult to change/mod your game files (which is what you're wanting to do).

======================

Just ran the Navigation tutorial from the Submarine School of FOTRS v1.3........no problems like missing sub interiors. The mission is very much like the stock game's except for the USS Alabama and the CV Wasp sitting off to the starboard side of the sub.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 06-17-16 at 09:33 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-16, 02:08 PM   #1028
Balladeer
Seaman

Hey CapnScurvy. Sorry for the lack of info. I'm getting all my downloads if possible straight from Subsim. I can confirm the main menu states "Fall of the Rising Sun". I will try your suggestion and leave the tutorials and just try a new campaign and see if the sub interior is okay there.

Here's my rig:

Windows 7 64bit
core i7 4@4GHz
EVGA GTX 970 4GB
16GB RAM

I always install my games in a custom directory, not the default x86 location. Essentially I install my games to C:/"My Gaming Files"/

I was a little confused as to which FOTRS version to install. I must have spent fifteen minutes reading through them to figure out which one was for me. I downloaded and installed the file named "falloftherisingsun_v1.3_sh4v1.5_en" zip. I'm assuming that is v1.3 for my SH4 v1.5
Old 06-17-16, 08:07 PM   #1029
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balladeer View Post
I'm getting all my downloads if possible straight from Subsim. I can confirm the main menu states "Fall of the Rising Sun". I will try your suggestion and leave the tutorials and just try a new campaign and see if the sub interior is okay there.

Here's my rig:

Windows 7 64bit
core i7 4@4GHz
EVGA GTX 970 4GB
16GB RAM

I always install my games in a custom directory, not the default x86 location. Essentially I install my games to C:/"My Gaming Files"/

I was a little confused as to which FOTRS version to install. I must have spent fifteen minutes reading through them to figure out which one was for me. I downloaded and installed the file named "falloftherisingsun_v1.3_sh4v1.5_en" zip. I'm assuming that is v1.3 for my SH4 v1.5

What I'm concerned about is where did you get SH4....your main game? Was it a downloaded version, or one from a disk?

I'm glad to see that you didn't install the game in either the "Programs Files", or "Programs Files (x86)" folders. That's good. When you have a Windows 7 OS you don't want to put games in those two folders.

Your FOTRS mod you've download is indeed the v1.3

As I stated earlier, I ran the same FOTRS version, doing the Navigation Sub School with no problems. I'd think so should you.

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 06-17-16, 10:21 PM   #1030
Balladeer
Seaman

My SH4 is from a store bought disk as is my Uboat addon. I'm getting ready to re-activate the mod and try your suggestion of just going straight to a campaign and see what it looks like. If its still a problem I will try to post a screenshot of it as well as try re-downloading the mod again.
Old 06-17-16, 11:05 PM   #1031
Balladeer
Seaman

Okay I started from Pearl in a Porpoise class and the textures are there! Hopefully that was just a fluke. Forgive my ignorance but I get so confused with all the update notes and clutter. Does FOTRS enhance the original campaign or should I download a campaign specific mod?
Old 06-18-16, 10:17 AM   #1032
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balladeer View Post
Does FOTRS enhance the original campaign or should I download a campaign specific mod?
Yes it does. It has a wide assortment of added Single Missions, plus the Campaign files are modified too.

Quote:
Old 06-18-16, 01:25 PM   #1033
Balladeer
Seaman

Okay, thanks so much. I just steamed out of Pearl last night and it looks great. I think my nephew will enjoy this as much as me.
Old 07-02-16, 08:44 PM   #1034
beans256
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 24
Icon9 Not v1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
You can find a d/l link to FOTRS v1.3 here.
Intro screen says this is v1.2
beans256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 09:17 PM   #1035
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

beans256!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote