SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-11, 11:00 PM   #196
Tom Jefferson Jones
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

well, there's really not much there yet,

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot patch

That's it - the magnum opus 0_0_1 has been merged with patch 2's data folder as described by stoinam in another thread.

Page one of the magum opus WIP thread has a member saying he gets CTD's with the environment mod...someone suggest using ACsoft's .tga fix which I haven't tried...and then he says he went back to 'environment gold' maybe I need to search that down and go that route.

That is, if I'm still CTD'ing.

Since Trevally himself says this script isn't strong enough to crash the game...I probably will crash again.
Tom Jefferson Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 12:32 AM   #197
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

MO patched it is ok .. no more ctds because of the env... post your computer spec
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 04:09 PM   #198
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

As Toulon harbour has been added to the new campaign, I will update Harbour Pilot soon to include it
Old 06-08-11, 10:47 PM   #199
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
As Toulon harbour has been added to the new campaign, I will update Harbour Pilot soon to include it
nice
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-11, 10:06 AM   #200
Trevally.
Navy Seal

See post 1 for v2.6 download.

Added Toulon harbour as this will be a player base in the new campaign mod.
Fixed paths to make better use of the navigation buoys also in the new campaign.
Old 07-09-11, 10:19 AM   #201
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Kiel Harbour Pilot

Run from the automation page while still in the bunker

Ok we are away. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Through the canal gates

You can increase TC - I am using x64 here

Leaving the canal through Brunsbuttel gates

The script will end when you are in the North Sea.
TC will drop to 1 and your crew will report that the pilot is off your boat.
Old 07-09-11, 11:38 AM   #202
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
See post 1 for v2.6 download.

Added Toulon harbour as this will be a player base in the new campaign mod.
Fixed paths to make better use of the navigation buoys also in the new campaign.
Many thanks for update !!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 07-26-11, 08:54 AM   #203
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

starting with v6.7.0 of my UIs mod the harbor pilots are much smarter. You can define buffer zones around the sub that when a unit crosses into them the sub can take some kind of action (in the SHN files). It should now be possible to enable a harbor pilot and it will safely navigate you to your destination avoiding other units with no player interaction.

What I think would be great to see next are scripts that navigate known shipping lanes. I'm tinkering with the idea of making a new automation command that basically lets you hand over the sub to the XO (AI) and he would control the sub based on the 'info' you give him. This new command would work great with some scripts for known shipping lanes
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-11, 03:23 PM   #204
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
starting with v6.7.0 of my UIs mod the harbor pilots are much smarter. You can define buffer zones around the sub that when a unit crosses into them the sub can take some kind of action (in the SHN files). It should now be possible to enable a harbor pilot and it will safely navigate you to your destination avoiding other units with no player interaction.

What I think would be great to see next are scripts that navigate known shipping lanes. I'm tinkering with the idea of making a new automation command that basically lets you hand over the sub to the XO (AI) and he would control the sub based on the 'info' you give him. This new command would work great with some scripts for known shipping lanes
Fantastic work TDW - new SHN commands are looking great

Working on new version
Old 07-26-11, 04:08 PM   #205
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Fantastic work TDW - new SHN commands are looking great

Working on new version
With such a speed of yours 'productivity' I shoud restart my campaign for the 200th time (to update mod list and to make it work correctly) and should never finish my 1st patrol untill 'death do us part'

And if serious the question to Trevally: each new version of your harbour pilot mod should be installed with the presence of previous one in the applied mod list (for ex. - MO (v.2.4)+patch(v.2.5)+v.2.6) or it is correct to install the newest version without having the others (for ex. - MO + v.2.6)
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-11, 04:11 PM   #206
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
With such a speed of yours 'productivity' I shoud restart my campaign for the 200th time (to update mod list and to make it work correctly) and should never finish my 1st patrol untill 'death do us part'

And if serious the question to Trevally: each new version of your harbour pilot mod should be installed with the presence of previous one in the applied mod list (for ex. - MO (v.2.4)+patch(v.2.5)+v.2.6) or it is correct to install the newest version without having the others (for ex. - MO + v.2.6)
With this mod you can install anytime. No need to start new game etc

No - remove the old version and install the new each time.
So you should only have v2.6 installed.
Old 07-26-11, 04:39 PM   #207
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
With this mod you can install anytime. No need to start new game etc

No - remove the old version and install the new each time.
So you should only have v2.6 installed.
Thanks for the reply, Trevally
I know there is no need to restart the game with new version of your mod, but there are many others, and, besides, I have a mod list with approx. 70 mods installed, so I need time for reconfiguring it and testing. And reading forum ofcourse. The problem is I've only a couple of hours during the nighttime to spent at my PC when the family members are sleeping, so usually in the morning I look like after 4 hours of
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-11, 04:54 PM   #208
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
. The problem is I've only a couple of hours during the nighttime to spent at my PC when the family members are sleeping, so usually in the morning I look like after 4 hours of
yes - I know the feeling
Old 07-27-11, 09:36 AM   #209
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Hi Trevally !

It´s in future possible, that your Harbour-Pilot works correct after loading a savegame ?

I mean, now it´s so, I activate a Harbour-pilot in bunker (e.g.in Kiel), drive out with my sub through Kiel-Canal (during Harbour Pilot is activated) and I must save the game e.g. in the middle of Kiel Canal (Harbour Pilot is not finished yet) and go return to windows. After loading the savegame later the Harbour-pilot-script is activated (possible with UI 6.6.0 or later version), BUT: Now the Pilot works not correct anymore, my sub drive not correct through Kiel-Canal, because I think the Script has forgotten the last waypoint ! I must plot my course manually to Brunsbüttel !

I hope you understand...

Is it possible to fix that, that the Script works correct after loading a savegame and the sub continue correct the course ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 07-27-11, 12:12 PM   #210
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi Trevally !

It´s in future possible, that your Harbour-Pilot works correct after loading a savegame ?

I mean, now it´s so, I activate a Harbour-pilot in bunker (e.g.in Kiel), drive out with my sub through Kiel-Canal (during Harbour Pilot is activated) and I must save the game e.g. in the middle of Kiel Canal (Harbour Pilot is not finished yet) and go return to windows. After loading the savegame later the Harbour-pilot-script is activated (possible with UI 6.6.0 or later version), BUT: Now the Pilot works not correct anymore, my sub drive not correct through Kiel-Canal, because I think the Script has forgotten the last waypoint ! I must plot my course manually to Brunsbüttel !

I hope you understand...

Is it possible to fix that, that the Script works correct after loading a savegame and the sub continue correct the course ?

Best regards,
Magic
Hi Magic

There have been a lot of changes with the navigation commands.

The first was the resume-waypoint. I think this started with the test version from TDW Ui 6.7.0 This allows what you discribe above to happen.

Then came the bufferzone (look outs) where when a ship enters that preset zone - controls can be added (reduce TC change speed etc).
Then came a second bufferzone (look outs are starting to panic) where a second set of actions can be set (TC, speed, pause game, stopscript).

With these extra commands the harbour pilot is getting very good a sailing. But TDW has not stopped there - we now have bufferzone control for each preset waypoint. With this we can now set exemptions (i.e. in bunker with a u-boat in the next pen).

So all this means that I have not been keeping up
I am working on it again tonight so I can have it ready for when TDW releases his next UI update to 6.7