SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-13, 10:17 AM   #226
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmichal View Post
Hi everyone!

Have someone got any news abut joining GR2 files (using PRT file) ? Because I read again this post: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=171, but I still don't understeand how to do it . Can someone make for me pictures tutorial? Gap, maybe you got some new experience with GR2 files... If someone tell me about it, I'll veery glad .
Hi Michal,

cloning GR2 files with a single object in them should be quite simple:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1698

About finding the ID's of cloned GR2 items (for assigning controllers to new objects), this the is the trick:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1701

About linking two objects in two different GR2 files, I am afraid I can't help you. I have still problems replacing meshes
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 04:02 AM   #227
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216
Uploads: 0

hi michal

Loving your interior mod one thought all the beds look nice and neat could you make them look unmade scruffy intidy and what about wet gear hanging around drying the boat looks to neat and tidy needs messing up a bit stuff lying around etc

Mark

markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-13, 07:01 AM   #228
Cthulhus
Planesman

Downloads: 136

Do you know when you'll propose a new version ? I don't know why and maybe you have the answer, I have a direct CTD after installing the mod (no message about "runtime error" ...
Old 04-06-13, 09:30 AM   #229
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

I had that same problem, but I was also using SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2 and patch with Silentmichal's new interior mod installed afterwards. Some can get the two mods to work together. I'm not sure but it could be a problem with lower end computers not having enough memory and powerful enough CPU to keep up, and possibly GFXs cards could be a part of the problem too.

Once I switch campaigns I'm going to try Silentmichal's mod.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 08:11 AM   #230
tat501
Helmsman

Downloads: 275

This is an awesome mod. I've installed it on top of (i.e. after) Steelvikings interior mod and they combine well.

Does this project also give us hope for more playable subs/surface ships seen as someone has managed to substantially alter the physical nature of the ship? I recall people were having trouble with this sort of thing (I think there was another thread devoted to the making of a wardroom and it was deemed too difficult).

Excellent work Michael.
tat501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 01:51 PM   #231
Cthulhus
Planesman

That work fine now ! I need to put it on the top

I would like to know if the food's quantity reduce when passing some time in sea ?
Old 04-08-13, 08:50 AM   #232
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhus View Post
I would like to know if the food's quantity reduce when passing some time in sea ?

Maybe it's possible, but I don't know it. I know one: I don't know how to do it .
Old 04-08-13, 04:17 PM   #233
Cthulhus
Planesman

Quote:
Maybe it's possible, but I don't know it. I know one: I don't know how to do it .

And what are your plans for your next update ? Crew bed curtain + individual lamp and some "unclean" unmade bed with some mess personal stuff ?.

Anyway, Can't wait !
Old 04-08-13, 07:25 PM   #234
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 2

Could you add an on/off switch to the dining light? or perhaps release two versions, one on, and one off?
V13dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 02:58 AM   #235
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216

it would also be good if the dining room lamp swung around like the hanging food elsewhere on the boat is this possible ?
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 02:58 PM   #236
Cthulhus
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdenny View Post
it would also be good if the dining room lamp swung around like the hanging food elsewhere on the boat is this possible ?
good idea !
Old 05-29-13, 05:17 AM   #237
divingbluefrog
Medic

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Superb mod

This question was answered long time ago in the SHIII forum, was not abble to find the relative thread, but on top of memory, the modder defines crates as equipment, and then played with the dates, remplacing them gradually during the campaign.
With the new script model, you could certainly be even better and tied them to the patrol, not the campaign.

I only have one little glitch : the ladder to go to the conning tower is totally black with some stain of red...texture pb? nvidia card?
divingbluefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 05:01 AM   #238
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Downloads: 426

Quote:
--------------------

Hello! SilentMichal.we could. together improve this TYPE VIIc engine room for Silent Hunter V

Kaleun_Wink:

Old 07-07-13, 05:19 AM   #239
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomi_099 View Post
Hello! SilentMichal.we could. together improve this TYPE VIIc engine room for Silent Hunter V

gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 08:10 AM   #240
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241
Ohh, my SubSim friends!!!

Hi my friends !

I hope You didn't forget me. I have great news for You: I have holidays --> I'm returning to modding SH5 !!! First of all, I must install this game. I don't have it, because I was changing my operating system lots of time (W7 --> W8 Dev --> W8 Pro --> W7 on my corrupted hard disk [all my data lost!] --> W7 on good, "health" hard disk). I'm glad I can again write to You. So, now I should answer all your questions :

Quote:
hi michal

Loving your interior mod one thought all the beds look nice and neat could you make them look unmade scruffy intidy and what about wet gear hanging around drying the boat looks to neat and tidy needs messing up a bit stuff lying around etc

Mark

Wet, unmade things on boat? Good idea! They (sailors) didn't have shower ...

Quote:
Do you know when you'll propose a new version ? I don't know why and maybe you have the answer, I have a direct CTD after installing the mod (no message about "runtime error" ...

New version? I really don't know ... as fast as it's possible .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
I had that same problem, but I was also using SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2 and patch with Silentmichal's new interior mod installed afterwards. Some can get the two mods to work together. I'm not sure but it could be a problem with lower end computers not having enough memory and powerful enough CPU to keep up, and possibly GFXs cards could be a part of the problem too.

Once I switch campaigns I'm going to try Silentmichal's mod.

Now I recommend to use both SteelViking's mod and my mod - While I was working on my mod, I used SteelViking's mod as "base".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat501 View Post
This is an awesome mod. I've installed it on top of (i.e. after) Steelvikings interior mod and they combine well.

Does this project also give us hope for more playable subs/surface ships seen as someone has managed to substantially alter the physical nature of the ship? I recall people were having trouble with this sort of thing (I think there was another thread devoted to the making of a wardroom and it was deemed too difficult).

Excellent work Michael.

Thanks. More playable ships? It's really hard to do, but now are my holidays !!!

Quote:
That work fine now ! I need to put it on the top

I know that DivingDuck (I don't remember his nickname) made it in SH3 game. If it's posible, it will be too hard for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V13dweller View Post
Could you add an on/off switch to the dining light? or perhaps release two versions, one on, and one off?

I can make two versions without any problems .

Quote:

It's possible, and quite easy, but to do that I have to know how to merge GR2 files, but no one said me that ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingbluefrog View Post
I only have one little glitch : the ladder to go to the conning tower is totally black with some stain of red...texture pb? nvidia card?

Yea yea, I remember it. I couldn't repair this texture... I don't remember now what did I make there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomi_099 View Post
--------------------

Kaleun_Wink:
[picture]

Yes yes yes, we're able to do it! I really would love to improve it. This "stock" engine room of SH5 is... bad & poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Don't worry..... be happy.....

But now I have to re-remember how to modify this game (I forgot lot of things ).
And, one more thing: can someone send me the newest good version of TDW's GR2 editor? Please...

Best regards for You!

Tags
dinning place, interior, silentmichal