Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-08-24, 09:10 AM   #3061
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Ukraine faces retreat without US aid, Zelensky says

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/29/europ...hnk/index.html

Old article, but what it implies is Europe is just a bunch of grifters looking for handouts and who are still unwilling to step up to the plate and contribute enough to their own defense let alone help someone else.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 11:44 AM   #3062
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Russia seeks gasoline from Kazakhstan in case of shortages, sources say
Russia has asked Kazakhstan to stand ready to supply it with 100,000 tons of gasoline in case of shortages exacerbated by Ukrainian drone attacks and outages, three industry sources told Reuters. One of the sources said a deal on using reserves for Russia has already been agreed. Shyngys Ilyasov, an advisor to Kazakhstan's energy minister, said the energy ministry has not received such a request from its Russian counterpart. Russian energy ministry did not reply to a request for comment.

Neighbouring Belarus has already agreed to help Russia with gasoline supply. Drone attacks had knocked out some 14% of Russian primary oil refining capacity as of end-March. So far authorities have said the situation on domestic fuel markets is stable and stockpiles large enough. Russia is usually a net exporter of fuel and a supplier to international markets but the refinery disruptions have forced its oil companies to import. The sources said Moscow asked Kazakhstan to set up an emergency reserve of 100,000 metric tons of gasoline ready to supply to Russia. Moscow imposed a gasoline export ban for six months from March 1 to prevent acute fuel shortages, although it does not apply to the Moscow-led Eurasian economic union, including Kazakhstan, as well as some countries, such as Mongolia, with which it has inter-government deals on fuel supplies.

However, traders said the ban could be widened if the situation in Russia worsens. Last week, the Orsk oil refinery in the Urals halted production due to widespread floods, which also affected Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan, the world's largest land-locked country, has also restricted fuel exports until the end of the year, apart from for humanitarian purposes. According to the sources, Kazakhstan's reserves of Ai-92 gasoline stood at 307,700 tons as of April 5 and Ai-95 gasoline stockpiles at 58,000 tons. Diesel reserves were 435,300 tons and jet fuel inventories totalled 101,000 tons. https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...ay-2024-04-08/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.

Last edited by Dargo; 04-08-24 at 01:51 PM.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 12:38 PM   #3063
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 02:11 PM   #3064
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 04:51 PM   #3065
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 05:21 PM   #3066
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus

Funny but this probably belongs in the U.S. politics thread with the other nonsense. The video only mentions some in one political party, tagging them with the same old song and dance, “if you don’t agree with us you must be Putins asset”, gee where have I heard that before? You see we live in a representative democracy and even the kook fringe in this country like to feel they have someone speaking for them, it’s how political parties pick up new voters and it seems Republicans are just now learning how to use the Democrat party playbook. Plus there’s more to passing the supplemental than fixing Ukraine, it’s also about our rising debt, interest payments on our debt, our southern border and of course congress squabbling for more pork and clout.

Putin assets are everywhere probably even hiding in your closet be careful. Speaking of Russian assets wasn’t Denmark one of those granting Putin permission to build his gas export pipeline through Danish waters? Europe was even warned of the consequences of allowing Putin to do this and they just mocked the messenger and did it anyway? That must mean everyone in the Danish and other EU governments who allowed it must be a Russian asset then too right? It’s Europes actions particularly Germany that got us here in the first place. Now you all are crying the U.S. isn’t doing enough to fix it. Lol

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-08-24 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-08-24, 05:40 PM   #3067
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

You're are so right

And I was thinking on posting it in our US-Politics thread.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-24, 06:51 PM   #3068
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Whoops I’m sorry, it wasn’t all of the E.U. Governments who were, as the usual suspects would say, Putin assets & Kremlin stooges. Countries from the Baltics to Poland to Slovakia had been urging Berlin to abandon the project for well over a decade. They were mocked and ignored by the goons below as well.

But hey, I have to admit that not all Putin assets and Kremlin Stooges are European. Because no sooner did Biden and his sidekick The Boy Wonder Jake Sullivan take office they immediately went to work lifting the sanctions Trump placed on Nord Stream 2. Which also might answer why Biden & Co. don’t seem all that interested in using Presidential Drawdown Authority or that 4 billion they already have at their disposal to help Ukraine.

Maybe why the only European countries namely Poland and the Baltics, that seem to be urging more U.S. aid are the same ones that warned us of the rekindled German and Russian love affair.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-09-24 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-08-24, 08:19 PM   #3069
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
“Update from Ukraine” really? He not in Ukraine, last I heard this sell out left Ukraine in late 2022.

Also, what’s the point of issuing new military equipment if there’s nobody around to use it because clueless smack talkers like the guy above keep leaving?

Ukraine needs to immediately start the 18+ conscription model, or it will lose the war. To assist with that the EU should also immediately begin repatriating all healthy male Ukrainian nationals back to Ukraine. Maybe Ukraine can also conscript all the orthodox priests they arrested, the army needs ditch diggers too.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-09-24 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-09-24, 01:40 AM   #3070
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

The US should offer to send all Joe's illegal aliens over to Ukraine for use as a foreign legion. If they survive the war they can have Ukrainian citizenship.
Old 04-09-24, 04:59 AM   #3071
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I will not object to that Merkel and Schröder and Scholz were and are Putin's most useful idiots. And the majoirty of German industry leaders.

And they are already hard at work of repeating the same mistake they made with Russia. Just this time regarding China.

Never trust the Germans. They are dumm. See how they run their "Energiewende" and migration policy. Hilarious.
Old 04-09-24, 06:43 AM   #3072
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

UN body urges restraint after Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant hit

Quote:
A new drone attack on Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia power plant has raised the risk of a "major nuclear accident", the UN's atomic watchdog has warned.

Russia said Ukraine was behind the attack, which it said injured three people. Ukraine has denied involvement.

The giant Russian-held nuclear plant, with six reactors, is on the frontline of the Russia-Ukraine conflict.

The UN's International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has repeatedly warned against such attacks.

IAEA head Rafael Grossi said Sunday's drone strike was "reckless" and "a major escalation of the nuclear safety and security dangers" facing the plant.

The Zaporizhzhia plant, in southern Ukraine, is the largest in Europe. Russian forces seized it shortly after launching their February 2022 full-scale invasion and have occupied it ever since, alongside most of the Zaporizhzhia region.

The facility stopped generating power in 2022, but needs a constant supply of electricity to cool one of its reactors which is in a state of "hot conservation", meaning it is not fully offline.

The IAEA, which has a team of experts at Zaporizhzhia, confirmed "physical impact of drone attacks" at the plant, including at one of the reactors.

The plant's Russian-installed administration said radiation levels were normal and that there was no serious damage.

The IAEA said the damage had not compromised nuclear safety, but it warned that "this is a serious incident with potential to undermine [the] integrity of the reactor's containment system".

Mr Grossi specified there had been "at least three direct hits" against the plant's "main reactor containment structures".

"This cannot happen," he said. "No one can conceivably benefit or get any military or political advantage from attacks against nuclear facilities. This is a no go."

Both Russia and Ukraine regularly accuse each other of shelling the plant and risking a serious nuclear accident.

The plant's Russian administration has said Ukraine's armed forces were behind the attack, but Ukraine has denied the allegation.

On Monday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the attacks were a "very dangerous provocation".

Ukrainian Main Intelligence Directorate spokesman Andriy Yusov told the Ukrainska Pravda news website that "Ukraine was not involved in any armed provocations on the site."

The plant is "illegally occupied by Russia," he added.

Mr Yusov accused Russia of endangering the nuclear facility, the civilian population and the environment by carrying out strikes on the plant itself.

Last month the IAEA said its team of experts at the plant had heard explosions every day for a week.

At the time, Mr Grossi said: "For more than two years now, nuclear safety and security in Ukraine has been in constant jeopardy. We remain determined to do everything we can to help minimise the risk of a nuclear accident that could harm people and the environment, not only in Ukraine."

The region of Zaporizhzhia came under fire early on Monday morning. Governor Ivan Federov said three people were killed and three more were wounded after Russian forces struck eight populated areas over 350 times in the space of 24 hours.

Last week, a Russian strike on the city of Zaporizhzhia killed four people and wounded more than 20.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68757082

Old 04-09-24, 07:37 AM   #3073
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia Turns to Kazakhstan for Gasoline Support

Quote:
Russia has approached Kazakhstan with a request to prepare a supply of 100,000 tons of gasoline to serve as an emergency reserve, amidst concerns over potential fuel shortages linked to Ukrainian drone attacks and supply chain disruptions, according to Reuters, citing three industry sources.

One source informed Reuters that an agreement for the supply has already been reached, although Shingys Ilyasov, an adviser to the Kazakh Minister of Energy, stated that the ministry has not received such a request from its Russian counterpart. The sources maintain that Moscow is seeking to establish a standby reserve of gasoline, ready for immediate transfer to Russia if needed.

The request comes at a time when Russia, traditionally a net exporter of fuel, finds its oil companies compelled to import gasoline due to operational disruptions at its oil refineries.
Approximately 14% of Russia's primary refining capacity was reportedly disabled by drone attacks as of the end of March. While Russian authorities assert that the domestic fuel market remains stable and reserves are adequate, the preemptive measures sought from Kazakhstan suggest concerns over maintaining this stability.

In addition to seeking support from Kazakhstan, Russia has also reportedly secured assistance in supplying gasoline to Belarus.

To mitigate the risk of acute fuel shortages domestically, Moscow imposed a six-month ban on gasoline exports starting March 1, a regulation that does not apply to members of the Eurasian Economic Union, including Kazakhstan, or to countries like Mongolia with which Russia has fuel supply agreements.

The request for emergency gasoline reserves coincides with significant disruptions within the region, including the halt of production at the Orsk oil refinery in the Urals due to severe flooding that also impacted Kazakhstan. In response to its own fuel supply challenges, Kazakhstan has limited fuel exports until the end of the year, with exceptions made for humanitarian purposes.

As of April 5, Kazakhstan's fuel reserves included 307,700 tons of Ai-92 gasoline, 58,000 tons of Ai-95 gasoline, 435,300 tons of diesel fuel, and 101,000 tons of aviation kerosene.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...7ffc3bc7&ei=65

Old 04-09-24, 08:23 AM   #3074
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

According to a report of La Republicca, NATO is willign to accept a division of Ukraine like the German one after WW2.

https://www.repubblica.it/esteri/202...sia-422425005/

I look sharp for anything surprising in this news, but I find nothing. There will be no decisive boost of support from the US no matter the election's outcome, and not from Europe either.

Ukraine is done.

But different to Western "hopes", Russia will not leave it to this.

I also mdont believe that Ukraine will ever become a NATO member. This would mean that when Russia chooses to continue with its war agaiunst Ukraine, NAOT mwould be needed to accept war of the alliance with Russia and even nuclear exchnages, else the facade of article 5 would collapse and NAOT would have been demsaked as a toothless tiger. But I do not see at all any willingness to risk the destruction of Westenr metropoles in exchange for Russian metropoles only to defend Ukraine.

A EU memberhsip in my understanding also is highly illosury, it would mean an almpst cataclssimc fincial stress on the fincial system and its - debt-baes - "ressources in Euro-land , and would mean a massive loss of influence of Paris and Berlin that nobody in these capitals want. If the EU ever accepts Ukraine in, then only because a generation of reality-deniers seize control of the helm in Brussel. This however is not really the most unlikely of scenarios, so I may get proven wrong on my assessment of chances of a EU membership of Ukrane even against the odds.

The terrible mistakes leading to all this were made already 2014, and 1994. All what happens now and happened in past years, was caused by those two years. Think of Karma!

Last edited by Skybird; 04-09-24 at 08:34 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-24, 11:18 AM   #3075
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ All of the above is potentially foreseeable but who I wonder on the western side will be blamed.

Each and every one I suspect.