SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-24, 07:24 AM   #2941
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Let this sink in: the US tells Ukraine to stop attacking Russian oil refineries.

https://www.ft.com/content/98f15b60-...2-79c9cddfca46

Nowe at the latest Ukraine should know how trustworthy its Western allies are. In the end they are not really interested in Ukraine winning and Russia loosing. True for the US. True for European nations. True for the EU.

Nobody wants Ukraine to win. At best they hope, they pray that Russia will voluntarily give it up. If they please, yes?
Old 03-22-24, 07:26 AM   #2942
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Coming from France me neither.

But this didn't come from France. Its the Russians, specifically their spy chief, who are claiming that France is planning to send troops. The French deny there are any such plans. I'm surprised that so many folks here take Kremlin bull crap as Gospel.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 08:03 AM   #2943
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
But this didn't come from France. Its the Russians, specifically their spy chief, who are claiming that France is planning to send troops. The French deny there are any such plans. I'm surprised that so many folks here take Kremlin bull crap as Gospel.
Not always Russian sourced Dave, Here is a French source from RFI (Radio France Internationale)

https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/2024032...to-ukraine-war

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 08:29 AM   #2944
Skybird
Soaring

A French general or ex-general brought it up. Russia picked it up and blew it up further for its propaganda. Of course they did. They also tell their people that the are at war with the whole West in general and NATO in special. And in a way they are even right, I don't care what sophistical subtleties paragraph riders come up with to disguise this effective fact. We have taken sides in this war and we are intervening in it, through economic and political action and financial intervention and providing of material and intel. We are not yet shooting ourselves, but letting others shoot. France is making it a threat that this could change. Not taking this threat off the table makes sense. Unfortunately, in this example, it is clear that the threat is only built on hot air, which strips it of its threatening effect. Now it is just ammunition for Russian propaganda. In other words, the French approach, although basically correct, is - within the specific situation - an own goal. Another one in a long row of European own goals. And paranoid as Putin is it will intensify his desire to strike NATO earlier than we so far assume he can. 6-10 years? Dont bet on it.
Old 03-22-24, 09:18 AM   #2945
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Russia has gone from special operation to State of war between Ukraine and Russia

Now it's only a matter of time before Putin order general mobilization

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2...war-in-ukraine

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 09:31 AM   #2946
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-22-24, 11:11 AM   #2947
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus

Old 03-22-24, 11:54 AM   #2948
Skybird
Soaring

My thoughts exactly, Markus. First he fixed the elections, then he will fix the mobilization.

I also think this: we have started to lose control of what we still can do.

Not surprised I am, however. C follows B follows A... Next comes - well, D, most likely. Quelle surprise!
Old 03-22-24, 12:16 PM   #2949
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

First, Putin must declare war accord the law conscripts can not fight in Ukraine I do not think he will send troops out off the St Petersburg and Moscow districts to Ukraine to tricky when people of those districts come back in body bags.

Video Shows Colossal Blast as Russian Missile Strikes Ukraine's Biggest Dam
A Russian missile dodging Ukraine's air defenses before striking Ukraine's largest hydroelectric dam near Zaporizhzhia. Pro-Russian news outlets and milbloggers shared footage on Friday morning, as Kyiv struggled to grasp the scale of Russia's overnight assault on targets across Ukraine. DniproHES, located to the south of the city of Dnipro, is the largest hydroelectric power station in Ukraine, and one of the largest in Europe. The dam was hit as Russia launched what has been described by Ukraine's Energy Minister German Galushchenko as one of the largest-scale attacks on the Ukrainian energy sector in the war. Ukrhydroenergo, Ukraine's state hydropower company, confirmed on Friday that the DniproHES hydroelectric dam in Zaporizhzhia had been hit but insisted there was no risk of a breach. Yurii Bielousov, chief of the war crimes department of the Ukrainian Prosecutor General's Office, said on national television that the hydroelectric power plant was struck eight times, Ukrainska Pravda reported. https://www.newsweek.com/video-shows...st-dam-1882262

When the retreating Soviet Red Army blew it up in 1941, the flooding killed over 100000 people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Let this sink in: the US tells Ukraine to stop attacking Russian oil refineries.

Nowe at the latest Ukraine should know how trustworthy its Western allies are. In the end they are not really interested in Ukraine winning and Russia loosing. True for the US. True for European nations. True for the EU.

Nobody wants Ukraine to win. At best they hope, they pray that Russia will voluntarily give it up. If they please, yes?
I see it a bit different think the strategy is to keep Ukraine alive enough so that they can bleed the Russian army in the meantime, earning huge of this war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.

Last edited by Jimbuna; 03-22-24 at 12:40 PM. Reason: SPAM filter alert
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-24, 12:41 PM   #2950
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
First, Putin must declare war accord the law conscripts can not fight in Ukraine I do not think he will send troops out off the St Petersburg and Moscow districts to Ukraine to tricky when people of those districts come back in body bags.
Maybe so, but this time it's the other way around-NATO have, by sending military equipment and ammo to Ukraine, declared war on Russia

This is how I interpreter the statement from Kremlin

Markus

Old 03-22-24, 12:43 PM   #2951
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-22-24, 01:00 PM   #2952
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Maybe so, but this time it's the other way around-NATO have, by sending military equipment and ammo to Ukraine, declared war on Russia

This is how I interpreter the statement from Kremlin

Markus
This is someone from the Kremlin not Putin himself, I saw many people say in the past the Kremlin does this or do that majority of these interpreters did not come true. Nothing has changed "election" or not Putin still does not rule Russia on his own it will always be by the consent of the several factions and still public opinion is important certainly the real Russia districts Putin needs them behind this or other war Putin does his bloody best to appear the great, good leader that kinda leader can not go against the constitution. Find the sabre rhetoric large here can not see Russia that can not win in Ukraine declare war against a much larger opponent it is a delusion military and economically wise. Putin is delusional there will be plans there are always plans even we in the West have the plans, this does not mean those plan will be feasible to execute. It is too easy thinking that Russia will attack NATO there are still nuclear weapons on both sides MAD is still a reality attacking NATO means a possibility of a nuclear war as in the past both sides did not want that. That fear has not changed that is always included in the plans as an option we will fight in proxy even with our own (examples enough in the past) but never risk direct confrontation, the risk is too high for that.

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 03-22-24 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-22-24, 01:18 PM   #2953
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
This is someone from the Kremlin not Putin himself, I saw many people say in the past the Kremlin does this or do that majority of these interpreters did not come true. Nothing has changed "election" or not Putin still does not rule Russia on his own it will always be by the consent of the several factions and still public opinion is important certainly the real Russia districts Putin needs them behind this or other war Putin does his bloody best to appear the great, good leader that kinda leader can not go against the constitution. Find the sabre rhetoric large here can not see Russia that can not win in Ukraine declare war against a much larger opponent it is a delusion military and economically wise. Putin is delusional there will be plans there are always plans even we in the West have the plans, this does not mean those plan will be feasible to execute.
I truly hope you're right on this.
Only time will tell-In a video posted by me yesterday the title was both side agree a war is coming in 2026 or 2027

Made a search on how much power Putin has and found this interesting article

https://www.institutmontaigne.org/en...-beginning-end

Markus

Old 03-22-24, 01:39 PM   #2954
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I truly hope you're right on this.
Only time will tell-In a video posted by me yesterday the title was both side agree a war is coming in 2026 or 2027

Made a search on how much power Putin has and found this interesting article

https://www.institutmontaigne.org/en...-beginning-end

Markus
A analysis of an analysis what goes around in the Kremlin it tops it with what goes around in Putin head sure really shoot me when this come true (Putin’s Grip on Power was and is the same how can you elevate a dictator after being a dictator for +15 years), a country that is closed like it was in the USSR time fun read but that it is no real evidence only an analysis.

Putin walks out of his chambers laughing his head off. Gerasimov approaches him and asks why he is laughing. "I just heard the funniest joke in the world!" "Well, go ahead, tell me!" says Gerasimov. Putin, "I can't, I just gave someone ten years for it!"

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 03-22-24 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-22-24, 02:18 PM   #2955
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

All I can say about that FT article is unlike Europe, Biden banned the U.S. from importing Russian oil, LNG and coal over a year ago. We don't use it, we don’t really care, it doesn’t affect us one bit, so bombs away! However, IF he really did say something it might have been a warning to Ukraine on account of Russia’s recent response to losing its refinery. Which was hammering the dogsnot out of Ukraine’s energy sector the last few days.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote