Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-19-17, 04:06 AM   #1
Herr Minger
Soundman

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 0
Default CTD Gutted

I am gutted because I have completed the Happy Times and was just breaking through Gibraltar (hugging the North African coast) at the start of Mare Nostrum when now all I get is CTD's. I tried loading saved games from further back in the campaign but all this did was delay the CTD for 5 to 10 mins. As I am not always playing SH5 I am out of practise when it comes to deleting and installing the whole shabang again complete with WoS. Also there is the issue of the hours and hours it took to get where I am now with a more experienced crew on lt to have to start from scratch yet again. In the end this is what stopped me playing SH3, the sheer frustration of starting all over again due to bugs. It is a shame as SH3 Grey Wolves and SH5 WoS are both really great sims that I have enjoyed over the years let down by consistent bugs that only the committed are prepared to deal with. I might come back to SH5 at some point in the future with a new rig perhaps but for now I'm done as I don't need the frustration. I'm still happy to support Subsim though as it's a great forum and you never know, we might get a fairly bug free offering one day.
Old 07-19-17, 05:15 AM   #2
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Thats really annoying . Happened to me more than once

Last edited by THE_MASK; 07-20-17 at 12:51 AM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote