SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-28-16, 01:39 PM   #1
Sundown101
Nub

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0
Default Would like help fixing TBT bearing on Fletcher

First, a thank you to everyone on the board for the efforts they've put into SH4. I am a newbee, but thanks to the mods I've already downloaded I am really enjoying the game.

One of the mods I am playing with is cdp44's ship pack, which includes the Fletcher. I have found on my system that a bearing on the TBT is about 13 degrees less than it should be. This is a bearing display issue, as I read the aft funnel at about 167!

Any ideas on how to fix this? I am new to modding this game, and am clueless about modeling. I do have S3D and successfully used it and the .cfg file to increase the number of firing torpedo tubes.

TIA,
Sundown101
Sundown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-16, 05:59 AM   #2
Senf-Man82
Gunner

Downloads: 333

Hi mate,

I am also more or less an epic noob at modding here (S3D, etc), but nevertheless I am working on my own Fletcher-mod (posted below).

Regarding your issue: the cause is as simple as stupid; if you stand on the bridge, you see 2 TBT diopters. One is real and the other a dummy (most likely placed for optical reasons) and both have a slight offset. The offset of the real one is corresponding to the bearing offset. As I said, as simple as stuid...

Now to solve the issue, open fletcher.dat in S3D and soom in on the bridge. The dummy TBT is fully displayed and the real one only has its base location, because it is placed by the engine ingame from the sensors-dat file.

1. Delete the dummy

2. Set the X-coordinate of the base locater to "0" (adjusting the Z may also be necessary for correct placement),

and things should look correct now ingame.

Senf-Man82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-16, 02:23 PM   #3
Sundown101
Nub

Downloads: 40

Hey Senf-Man82,

Thanks for the reply. I opened fletcher.dat, but I couldn't find the TBT. When I zoom in on the bridge, all I see are options for the Sensor1 and the RWR. They are dead center, so if the TBT is one of those that's not the problem. Do you think it's a separate Node?

3d modeling is all new to me. I am familar with text editing files. I tried to watch the tutorial video for using the s3d model viewer, but it looks like the link is dead.

Any ideas on how I should proceed?
Sundown101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-16, 05:32 AM   #4
Senf-Man82
Gunner

Downloads: 333

Interessting

It appears we talking about different mods then. Is there really no 2nd TBT on the bridge in the NDD_Fletcher.dat file? Look for a node named cfg#O04_NDD_Fletcher and tell me what its X-position is. If it is already 0, I don't know where the issue lies
Senf-Man82 is offline   Reply With Quote