Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default World War 1 Gaming Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
April 23, 1918

Air War:

0830 German ace Erich Löwenhardt, flying an Albatros D.V, shoots down a Bristol F.2b for victory number 17.

0900 Canadian RAF pilot Earl Hand, in Sopwith Camel B2430 over the Italian Front, shoots down an Albatros D.III for victory number 3.

0900 Australian RAF pilot Cedric Howell, in Sopwith Camel B5238 over the Italian Front, shoots down an Albatros D.III for victory number 3.

0955 Two American SPAD pilots share a victory over an Albatros D.V:
Paul Baer, victory number 5.
Charles Herbert Wilcox, victory number 1.

1115 French ace Alexandre Marty, in a SPAD, shoots down a Hannover CL two-seat fighter for victory number 6. This is probably Ltns Heinrich Ohler and Otto Hickmann of FlAbt 242, both killed.

1355 English RAF pilot Francis Mellersh, flying Sopwith Camel D3329, shoots down a DFW C.V for victory number 5. This is Mellersh's last aerial victory. He will survive the war and remain in the RAF, serving through World War 2. In May 1955 Mellersh will be killed in a bizarre accident involving a yacht and a helicopter.
http://www.theaerodrome.com/aces/england/mellersh.php

1415 English RAF pilot Cyril Lowe, in SE.5a D275, shoots down a Pfalz D.III for victory number 3.

1430 German naval pilot FlgMstr M. Brenner, with Marine Feld Jasta I, shoots down a "Sopwith" for victory number 4. This is Brenner's last aerial victory. He is last mentioned serving with the land-plane division as of June 14, 1918.

1550 English RAF observer Philip Holligan, riding in DH.9 C6114 with Lt A.H. Curtiss as pilot, shoots down an Albatros D.V for victory number 3.

1750 English RAF pilot Thomas Rose, in SE.5a C5393, shoots down a German two-seater for victory number 2.

1820 Canadian RAF ace Albert Carter, flying Sopwith Dolphin C4017, is credited with shooting down two Pfalz D.IIIs for victories number 22 and 23.
The second is shared with Canadian pilot Gordon Irving in Sopwith Dolphin C3799, victory number 2.

1855 German pilot Egon Koepsch, with Jasta 4, shoots down SE.5a C1086 for victory number 2. English 8-victory ace Capt Kenneth William Junor is killed.

1920 English RAF ace Oliver Redgate, in Sopwith Camel B7250, shoots down a Pfalz D.III for victory number 13.

1930 English RAF observer William Middleton, riding in DH.4 A8071 with Lt G.E. Siedle as pilot, shoots down a Fokker Dr.I for victory number 2.

1940 English ace pilot Euan Dickson and observer Charles Robinson, in DH.4 A7739, shoot down a Fokker Dr.I. Victory number 10 for Dickson; number 3 for Robinson.

German ace Heinrich Arntzen, in OAW Albatros D.III 2480/17, claims a Bréguet 14 for victory number 11. This is possibly a Salmson 2A.2 flown by Capt Georges Flouch and Lt Henri di Barres, both killed.

Two French pilot share a victory over a German two-seater:
Jacques Gérard, SPAD VII S4236, victory number 4.
Mdl Gentil, SPAD, victory number 1.

Jacques Gerard scores a second victory, shooting down another teo-seater for number 5.

German pilot Uffz Hess (no first name given), with Jasta 60, shoots down a Bréguet 14 for victory number 3.

German ace Theo Osterkamp, in an Albatros D.V with MFJ II, shoots down a Sopwith Camel for victory number 9.

French pilot Gabriel Thomas, flying a SPAD, shoots down a German two-seater for victory number 2. This is probably Uffz Otto Schenke and Obltn Georg Schmidt of FlAbt 254, both killed.

German ace Wilhelm Zorn, with Jasta 60, shoots down a Bréguet 14 for victory number 8. This is probably Cpl Guillaume Tilloy and Asp Léon Barbaut, who are both wounded but land safely on their own side of the lines. They also claimed an Albatros, victory number 1 for both, and Zorn crashed on their side and was taken prisoner.
There's a mod project adding historical victory information to the "Wings over Flanders Fields" http://www.overflandersfields.com/ CFS3 total mod that your resources might be useful to. Here's a link in case you're interested http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4412533/adding-historical-victory-information-1-1-available#Post4412533
Old 04-24-18, 02:45 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
There's a mod project adding historical victory information to the "Wings over Flanders Fields" http://www.overflandersfields.com/ CFS3 total mod that your resources might be useful to. Here's a link in case you're interested http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4412533/adding-historical-victory-information-1-1-available#Post4412533
Funny timing. I'm just getting set up to play that game, and was about to join their forum anyway. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 04-24-18, 08:05 PM   #3
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Funny timing. I'm just getting set up to play that game, and was about to join their forum anyway. Thanks for the heads-up.
I'm getting ready to try WOFF as well, I just bought a used computer on Sunday which I think might run WOFF. Now if I can only locate my CFS3 disc.
Old 04-25-18, 12:32 AM   #4
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

This whole business continues to torment me... just look at the list of requirements! We sure are in a different world now and it looks as though I'd have to buy yet another pc just in order to run this.

But thanks for posting this news update for us
Old 04-25-18, 12:44 AM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

That's partly why I bought a new PC, and made sure the video card and processor were up to snuff.
Old 04-25-18, 01:51 AM   #6
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

I've encountered problematic games and sims like this in the past for which my current setup was inadequate but which I felt I simply must have... such that I've even considered going to the local pc chop-shop and asking them to build me something just so I can play this one perishing game. 'Rowans Battle of Britain' was one such, although when I found a powerful 2nd-hand rig on which to (hopefully) enjoy my collection of older games for XP I was thrilled to find that it played just fine.

Things are so different now and so much more onerous, with online activation and having to download whole games etc (although I see, incredibly, that at least some part of WoFF is now in disc)
Old 04-25-18, 04:16 PM   #7
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Default This will be next up:

"Wings Over The Reich"

http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/
Old 04-25-18, 11:42 PM   #8
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Yep. Been watching that one for a few weeks.

@ 3m2nought: There are a large number of videos on YouTube, showing off peoples' adventures in WOFF and Rise Of Flight. I've spent a lot of time watching the amazing things that sim does. We've come a long way since Red Baron.
Old 04-26-18, 02:45 AM   #9
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

It must have been an extremely complex business, building an entirely new sim on the back of CFS3 like that. The clouds look amazing and very much like those found in "Battle of Britain II" (somebody said that the clouds in this make those in IL-2 look "sick" and I agree)

Looking at screenshots from WoFF, however, one shortcoming that seems to have been carried over from CFS3 is the gross distortion of aircraft models in external view, making screenshots difficult and restricted. Not an issue at all for gameplay, of course, but not a problem at all in either IL-2 or BoBII

I'm just carping now, I guess
Old 04-26-18, 11:04 AM   #10
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

In overall appearance Rise Of Flight looks better, and they say the planes handle like the real thing, and the multiplayer is outstanding.

WoFF has no multiplayer, but the dynamic campaign is said to be truly amazing, second only to the one in Falcon 4.

I've watched a lot of videos, and I haven't seen anything wrong with the external views. Of course videos come from several different versions of the game - OFF, WoFF, WoFF 2, WoFF 3 and not WoFF UE (Ultimate Edition). Ive watched videos from all of them, and there are improvements as time goes on.

What amazes me about the WoFF system is that you can start a career in 1915. No eindeckers, no machine guns, just observers with rifles. I'm really looking forward to that.
Old 04-26-18, 03:28 PM   #11
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Yes I read that there's no multiplayer. Wouldn't it be cool, however, to hook up with a likeminded buddy who was himself planning to start at the very beginning, doing everything properly, and compare careers as you both progressed... that would be most interesting