SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-17-08, 08:19 PM   #76
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince0018
I am speechless.
I just tried the new version at daytime settings and nighttime settings.
This is the most beautiful water... Everything is perfect, the ripples are longer like how you see in lakes and stuff (I've never seen the ocean but I'm sure it has ripples like that.)
This is a huge step from the stock SH3 water. There is no way I'm ever gonna stop using this water, it is perfect. I actually feel like I'm sailing over real water now.
Thank you so much for your long hours of hard work.
Vince, my friend... you have no idea how good is to read those words after two weeks working straight on this sh!t... It's almost an orgasm...

I was trully losing my patience with it. I fixed one thing, two other problems poped-up.

But still, this is not perfect. I was working my ass off on top of the 4m/s wind sea condition, coz that's the way the sea conditions are at the start of the game, it's the state that stays most of the time out there, so it's the state you'll see the most. But the other ones, like 8m/s and 12m/s are not good yet. The zero m/s wind condition is very much the same as the 4m/s wind condition, so there's no much problem there. Also, there's a problem with the sky, something like a stitch... It's a problem with one of those .tga files, don't know which one tho... I've messed up with all of them. Also, the collors are modified for one of the sea conditions. If it's aproved, I'll pass up for the other ones. Also, the sun is not ok, I guess. I didn't get the sun halo to behave like I wanted.

... argh... I really could use some help...

If you guys aproove the 4m/s sea condition, collors and everything, then I can move on to the 8 and 12m/s sea conditions, and it will be easier since I have a good base.
Old 09-17-08, 08:44 PM   #77
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Cool, But how did you get the sun to look like that with Antialiseing on. When I do this the AA goes down horiably and the lines are all jagid.:hmm: Should be getting even better FPS sence that funny texture is gone.
Old 09-17-08, 09:10 PM   #78
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
Cool, But how did you get the sun to look like that with Antialiseing on. When I do this the AA goes down horiably and the lines are all jagid.:hmm: Should be getting even better FPS sence that funny texture is gone.
I swear to god, I didn't understand anything you just said...
Old 09-17-08, 09:20 PM   #79
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Im talkin about the sun, my sun is a giant ball in the sky, And i have t opush shift page up to get it to look anything like that. Good night everyone. Gotta go to school tomorrow.
Old 09-17-08, 09:55 PM   #80
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Im talkin about the sun, my sun is a giant ball in the sky, And i have t opush shift page up to get it to look anything like that. Good night everyone. Gotta go to school tomorrow.
Thanks for the tip... I didn't know about that SHIFT+PGUP thingy!

Nice to play around with the sun light & halo. I found an even better light. Now everything looks better!

I recommend everyone to play around with this settings and find yourself a nice sun!
Old 09-17-08, 11:38 PM   #81
vince0018
Seaman

Downloads: 50

About what you said earlier, I think that your 0/ms and 4/ms water looks great and you should go ahead on the heavier wind ones. I haven't had the chance to see what the waves look like in those winds right now but at least I have a heads up from you not to expect perfection. But from what I've seen so far your work is heading in a great direction. I've heard so many people in the past talk about how water in SH3 couldn't be changed too much and how it was impossible to make it look more realistic.
Well Mr. Thompsen it would seem you have achieved the impossible. I never would have expected SH3 water to look this good. And don't worry about the 'You can't see through from the bottom to the top' thing because the top of the water is what people see the most.

Oh I was also wondering, weren't you colorblind, or partly colorblind? I know you did sound mods and stuff but never heard of you doing a graphics mod before and I think you were saying you had to get the colors right. I hope asking this does not offend you, I mean no offense. Just pondering.
Old 09-18-08, 01:09 AM   #82
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
About what you said earlier, I think that your 0/ms and 4/ms water looks great and you should go ahead on the heavier wind ones. I haven't had the chance to see what the waves look like in those winds right now but at least I have a heads up from you not to expect perfection. But from what I've seen so far your work is heading in a great direction. I've heard so many people in the past talk about how water in SH3 couldn't be changed too much and how it was impossible to make it look more realistic.
Well Mr. Thompsen it would seem you have achieved the impossible. I never would have expected SH3 water to look this good. And don't worry about the 'You can't see through from the bottom to the top' thing because the top of the water is what people see the most.

Oh I was also wondering, weren't you colorblind, or partly colorblind? I know you did sound mods and stuff but never heard of you doing a graphics mod before and I think you were saying you had to get the colors right. I hope asking this does not offend you, I mean no offense. Just pondering.
There's no offense!

I'm collorblinded. Not totally, but I often pot the brown ball thinking it's the green or the red ball, in snooker. I also have trouble finding differences between blue and purple, yellow and green, etc. Let's say that my eyes (or my brain) is not as sensitive to collor differences as for the normal human beings. More than often I see something beautiful and everybody else think it sucks. But I've learn to adapt myself to that and find a middleground.

But collorblindness is the last of my problems. I've been diagnosis (what is the past of diagnostic?) with dislexy and a low level of autism. I have serious problem talking to people, making a conversation, or even facing someone I don't know yet, while on the other hand I can solve complicated mathematical problems mentally. My I.Q. on a test I was submitted was 157, but at the same time I have problems focusing on anything. I can't read a single page on a book without distracting myself with something, float mentally to another place, and I find myself drifting away often, so I have to read the same page about 10 times to understand it. I have problems with letters, often I'll try to write a word like "SMILE" and I start with the M first. If you ask me to read out loud a sequence like M Q F O X G Q P V G H E S, I will read it all wrong. In my head, I know the first letter is M, but I'll say out loud something like P or S. A malfunctioning between brain and mouth, I guess...

I don't know.... I'm all weird.... Don't even let me begin with woman. They love me at first, but then... ... my longest relationship was about 1 month and a half. I don't know why, as I don't fight, don't argument, I'm always on good mood, but somehow people find a reason to stay away from me, they get annoyed and angry for some reason. Perhaps OLC can explain this better than me...

Last edited by Philipp_Thomsen; 09-18-08 at 01:35 AM.
Philipp_Thomsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 01:28 AM   #83
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

to me the new version water looks fantastic ......But the sky now has what seem to be join lines running north to south and sometimes they appear east to west too :hmm: they look like wallpaper that the pattern is off set
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 01:36 AM   #84
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1957
to me the new version water looks fantastic ......But the sky now has what seem to be join lines running north to south and sometimes they appear east to west too :hmm: they look like wallpaper that the pattern is off set
Yes, it is offset. But thats piece of cake to fix!
Old 09-18-08, 02:00 AM   #85
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Quote:
Quote:

There's no offense!

I'm collorblinded. Not totally, but I often pot the brown ball thinking it's the green or the red ball, in snooker. I also have trouble finding differences between blue and purple, yellow and green, etc. Let's say that my eyes (or my brain) is not as sensitive to collor differences as for the normal human beings. More than often I see something beautiful and everybody else think it sucks. But I've learn to adapt myself to that and find a middleground.

But collorblindness is the last of my problems. I've been diagnosis (what is the past of diagnostic?) with dislexy and a low level of autism. I have serious problem talking to people, making a conversation, or even facing someone I don't know yet, while on the other hand I can solve complicated mathematical problems mentally. My I.Q. on a test I was submitted was 157, but at the same time I have problems focusing on anything. I can't read a single page on a book without distracting myself with something, float mentally to another place, and I find myself drifting away often, so I have to read the same page about 10 times to understand it. I have problems with letters, often I'll try to write a word like "SMILE" and I start with the M first. If you ask me to read out loud a sequence like M Q F O X G Q P V G H E S, I will read it all wrong. In my head, I know the first letter is M, but I'll say out loud something like P or S. A malfunctioning between brain and mouth, I guess...

I don't know.... I'm all weird.... Don't even let me begin with woman. They love me at first, but then... ... my longest relationship was about 1 month and a half. I don't know why, as I don't fight, don't argument, I'm always on good mood, but somehow people find a reason to stay away from me, they get annoyed and angry for some reason. Perhaps OLC can explain this better than me...
Your not the only one sometime i have to use spell checker in word because even the simple words get all mixed up and when reading i cant make head nor tail of a word it got me in a lot of trouble because i read things not the way they were ment but there you go we keep trying
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 04:33 AM   #86
vince0018
Seaman

Mr. Thompsen I think we have a thing or two in common. Though I don't have dyslexia problems, some of those other things I can relate to.
I have problems interacting with people socially. I get anxious or nervous around people especially when there's lots of people like in shopping malls. I have a strange feeling of guilt always about my head, where I feel guilty for everything bad that happens anywhere even though it's not my fault. My concentration is very poor as well, I dropped out of high school because whenever I try to memorize stuff out of a textbook I seem to forget everything I've read right away. (However the stuff I find interesting I watch on tv and stuff and remember it very well. I love learning history.)
I'm not very colorblind but I can often get red and pink mixed up. Sometimes in strategy games there's a team color I know is red, and it's been red far in the past but for some reason now it's bright pink and it annoys the hell outta me. Also my IQ is 149.
I was on some medications in the past but after an "episode" I took myself off of them and stayed off for over 6 months. But now I've been back on for about a week but haven't noticed any difference in my behavior yet.
It's neat to meet someone similar to myself and yet so different.
P.S: Diagnosed is the past tense for diagnoses.
Old 09-18-08, 10:19 AM   #87
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Quote:
Mr. Thompsen I think we have a thing or two in common. Though I don't have dyslexia problems, some of those other things I can relate to.
I have problems interacting with people socially. I get anxious or nervous around people especially when there's lots of people like in shopping malls. I have a strange feeling of guilt always about my head, where I feel guilty for everything bad that happens anywhere even though it's not my fault. My concentration is very poor as well, I dropped out of high school because whenever I try to memorize stuff out of a textbook I seem to forget everything I've read right away. (However the stuff I find interesting I watch on tv and stuff and remember it very well. I love learning history.)
I'm not very colorblind but I can often get red and pink mixed up. Sometimes in strategy games there's a team color I know is red, and it's been red far in the past but for some reason now it's bright pink and it annoys the hell outta me. Also my IQ is 149.
I was on some medications in the past but after an "episode" I took myself off of them and stayed off for over 6 months. But now I've been back on for about a week but haven't noticed any difference in my behavior yet.
It's neat to meet someone similar to myself and yet so different.
P.S: Diagnosed is the past tense for diagnoses.
Diagnosed... that's right. It was 4am when I was writting that last post, so my english was messed up, along with my head. My english is not that great as well.

But red and pink? lol... those collors are faaaaar different in my head, I can't imagine mixing them up.

This "episode" got me curious... :hmm:
Old 09-18-08, 12:48 PM   #88
vince0018
Seaman

The "episode" isn't anything to be too concerned about. My medication for some reason started doing pretty much the opposite thing it was suppose to. I got really depressed and tired and slept most of the day. It's really no big deal but back when I was going through that it seemed like a big deal. It was very stressful. All is well now though, at least for the most part, and things are getting better. I'm gonna work towards finishing highschool, though I have to go to a special one now because I'm too old. I can feel it, there will be better things for me in the future.
And don't worry about your english too much. I can understand what you say perfectly.
Old 09-18-08, 12:54 PM   #89
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Should the underwater scene be black at night. (Dark green and blue would look better). Other wise, Great work.

myself I hate haveing to go to things that have alot of people at them and am kind of shy when it comes to new people I dont know.

PS after listening to the people around here, I can understand anyones english.

Im starting to think that this black water thing is only in the artic areas.

Last edited by Task Force; 09-18-08 at 01:32 PM.
Task Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 01:02 PM   #90
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Also I find Im the only one in my entire grade that likes Subs and WW2, Im sure none of them play any of the SH series.