SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-17, 07:32 AM   #76
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
The investigation of the Grenfell Tower fire must leave "no stone unturned", an open letter to Theresa May has warned.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40415075

I agree but what I fear is the white wash tin coming out, so many inquiry's in the past have been white washed and I fear the same again.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 09:30 AM   #77
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
John McDonnell: Grenfell victims 'murdered by political decisions'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40401314

You can always rely on the loony left coming out with the most attention grabbing statements.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-17, 11:36 AM   #78
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40401314

You can always rely on the loony left coming out with the most attention grabbing statements.
Is that the same loon who said something along the lines..million people march and over throw the government.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-27-17, 12:45 PM   #79
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon8 ^ the real loon$: real calamity $trikes BBY

Worse yet Arconic ( formerly part of Alcoa) has stopped selling panels for highrise buildings Reynobond PE; its market value since Monday has dropped $600,000,000 to $24.01 a share!Note: Reynobond PE is (specifically) not allowed on highrises in the US....??!!! JP Morgan analysts said 'several entities' were involved in the decision to use the cladding material, many of which may bear 'significantly more' responsibility than Arconic....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arconicspokesman
Because of of the inconsistency of building codes across the world and issues that have arisen in the wake of the Grenfell Tower tragedy regarding code compliance of cladding systems, Arconic is discontinuing global sales of Reynobond PE for use in high-rise applications. The panels will still be sold for use on low rise buidings that are generally more accessable to firefighters. (under 59' appox. 6 stories!!??)
C'mon analyists:! Let's make that 58' will ya!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 06-27-17 at 03:37 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 05:36 AM   #80
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Is that the same loon who said something along the lines..million people march and over throw the government.
Precisely

Old 06-28-17, 11:31 AM   #81
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Claddinggate: ground zero starts in 2009!

Good lord! the real culprit has just been exposed; this is so deep! It's ex PM Tony BLAIR!
Quote:
Councils turned to cladding to meet standards set by Blair government scheme: Cladding became popular as councils sought to meet insulation standards laid out under the Blair Government's £22billion Decent Homes Programme, which ran from 2000 to 2010.
The programme's rules dictated that homes should have efficient heating and effective insulation, modern facilities and be in a good state of repair.
For high-rise council blocks, local authorities were faced with either knocking them down, meaning they would have to find or build homes elsewhere, or refurbishing them.
The latter option was much cheaper, despite the millions of pounds then pumped into the scheme.
In London alone, it is believed more than £820million in public funds were paid to contractors to make alterations.
Local authorities turned to cladding the outside of old council house stock, including tower blocks, in a bid to improve the buildings' appearance and the improve so-called 'thermal efficiency' ratings.
A press release by a cladding firm from the time stated: 'Over-cladding existing homes to improve their energy efficiency as well as aesthetics is proving the solution of choice for local authorities in their bid to meet Decent Homes standards.'
The statement gave examples in Bristol and Lanarkshire where cladding had been used to meet the terms of the programme.
A architect was quoted at the time saying: 'The main priorities were to eliminate water ingress, improve the thermal efficiency of the blocks, and enhance the physical appearance of the external envelope.'
HENCHMAN #1 Robert Black, boss of Grenfell's landlord Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation, HENCHMAN# 2: overall rehab contractor Rydon's CEO Robert Bond: "the work 'met all required building regulations' and was signed off by the council's building control."

HENCHMAN #3Ray Bailey cladding contractor who used cladding panel specifically not to be used above 59 ' but has 25 years of 'practical experience'
Quote:
Fires involving cladding have also occurred in Australia, Russia and the Arabian Peninsula – adding to the serious safety concerns.
They include two in Dubai, one on New Year's Eve 2015 at the 63-storey The Address Downtown <Criticism was leveled towards the high amount of claddinglayers of material that are fixed to the outside of buildings for insulation—implemented into the building's design; it was reported that this cladding may have contributed to the fire's spread and a second last July 20 at the 75-storey Sulafa Tower....It continued to be used even after the 2009 fire at the 14-storey Lakanal House in Camberwell, South East London, which killed six people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakanal_House_fire
Quote:
An inquest into the deaths at Lakanal House "found the fire spread unexpectedly fast, both laterally and vertically, trapping people in their homes, with the exterior cladding panels burning through in just four and a half minutes". As in the case of the Grenfell Tower fire eight years later, "the official advice was for people to remain in their homes in the event of a blaze. The inquest concluded that years of botched renovations had removed fire-stopping material between flats and communal corridors, allowing a blaze to spread, and that the problem was not picked up in safety inspections carried out by Southwark council."

So much for practical experience! Funny thing...nobody dies in Dubai fires....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 06-28-17 at 01:12 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 05:12 PM   #82
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
No final Grenfell Tower death toll this year, police say
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40434741

Old 06-28-17, 08:07 PM   #83
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

This mess is going to go on for years, decades possibly.
Old 06-29-17, 12:02 AM   #84
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Thank you Aktungbby for a real thorough report on the cladding problem complete with pictures. I know your not suppose to judge by outward appearance, but those pictures do reveal men that have done something wrong and made a lot of money at it. The $850 million dollars spent by UK's gov could've use a review department headed by Aktungbby along with some young college students (they could've saved millions).

By the way STEED what is your building covered in ... you could get rid of your neighbors, uh?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-17, 06:45 AM   #85
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
By the way STEED what is your building covered in ... you could get rid of your neighbors, uh?

Old 06-30-17, 10:26 AM   #86
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireftr18 View Post
This mess is going to go on for years, decades possibly.
I strongly suspect you are correct

Old 06-30-17, 05:01 PM   #87
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Kensington and Chelsea Council leader Nick Paget-Brown has resigned following continued criticism of the council's handling of the Grenfell Tower tragedy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40461581

Dam right, what a bunch of swine who think they can kick the press and public out of a public meeting!

Old 07-01-17, 06:56 AM   #88
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^I see the big government cover up is fast becoming a reality, I would assume that Paget-Brown and co have resigned after receiving some detailed legal advice and a nod and a wink from 10 Downing Street, It won't be long before the rest of the council go as well, and here's what I think is going to happen next.
The replacement council and housing association will argue that they are a different constituent body from that operating at the time of the Grenfell tower catastrophe and therefore cannot be prosecuted for the failures of the previous councillors.
That's a masterful stroke from Tory HQ for putting this one together as they will back this new council to the hilt on that one, in effect Paget-Brown and co are going to get away with it, and of course the right wing media will embrace all of the new recommendations in full as per usual.

Whitewash is complete, all they have to do now is to find some proper scapegoats to appease the great unwashed and its a job done well done.
Old 07-01-17, 07:32 AM   #89
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I hope true justice will eventually prevail despite whatever attempt at cover-up is attempted.

It worked for those involved in the Hillsborough disaster and the lessons learned from that should help those from Grenfell.

The public will stand nothing less.

Old 07-01-17, 09:02 AM   #90
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I hope true justice will eventually prevail despite whatever attempt at cover-up is attempted.

It worked for those involved in the Hillsborough disaster and the lessons learned from that should help those from Grenfell.

The public will stand nothing less.
Look how long that took jim, far too long for true justice, I fear another White wash cover up as the powers to be can not be trusted or should be trusted who ever they are what ever the party maybe I just don't trust them.