SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-09-11, 02:44 AM   #8341
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Hi Steel - yes that will work too
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 12:00 PM   #8342
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Bug

Found issue in data\Objects\Sensors\UBoot_Sensors.sim for the SCHNORCHEL_RWR antenna.
The SensorData control SensorType is set to Radar and Should be RadarWarning.

This can cause conflict when installing Radar Antenna and the SCHNORCHEL_RWR Antenna is also installed on top of the Snorkle.

Also, Setting for the SCHNORCHEL_RWR should be simular to FuMB-26 Tunis RWR Antenna.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 01:36 PM   #8343
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Default Mod install order...

Hey TDW--love what you've done with New UIs. It is tremendous fun to play and incorporates everything I like and many things I never would have thought of.

One question--

Everyone says that your UIs mod should be installed after your IRAI and FX mods. I have no problem with the FX mod--works fantastic and improves the look of the battle scenes immeasurably. But how can the "No Hydrophone at Surface/No Airplane Spotting" mod work if the UIs is installed after and overwrites the .sim file? That's the way I have it installed, which is what people instructed, but I'm still getting hydrophone reports while the boat is surfaced, so I don't know.

Also--the SOAN sometimes glitches and I can't see the pictures of the ships anymore, though the information is still there. Any suggestions?

One suggestion--I see that you've got the RAOBF almost perfect in its latest version. Now it is possible to lock onto a target using the Weaps officer, also to lock the wheel so that the mouse wheel turns the RAOBF or unlock it so that the scope can be panned using the mouse. But I noticed that in one of your versions you had the RAOBF draggable with the mouse cursor--why not retain that functionality? Have it so that when the toggle switch is locked the mouse cursor can drag the RAOBF wheel around, the mouse wheel can be used to fine tune it, the unlocking the toggle, allows the scope to be panned? In other words, keep it like it is, just make the wheel draggable with the mouse again?
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-11, 05:27 PM   #8344
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I found that i can have random crew names on a new campaign restart . What i really need is some way of randomising this list of names found in here .
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData\CrewMembersNames
[CrewMemberNames 3]
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 11:04 AM   #8345
Drack
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 63

So much awesomeness
Drack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 12:50 PM   #8346
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
Everyone says that your UIs mod should be installed after your IRAI and FX mods. I have no problem with the FX mod--works fantastic and improves the look of the battle scenes immeasurably. But how can the "No Hydrophone at Surface/No Airplane Spotting" mod work if the UIs is installed after and overwrites the .sim file? That's the way I have it installed, which is what people instructed, but I'm still getting hydrophone reports while the boat is surfaced, so I don't know.

Also--the SOAN sometimes glitches and I can't see the pictures of the ships anymore, though the information is still there. Any suggestions?

One suggestion--I see that you've got the RAOBF almost perfect in its latest version. Now it is possible to lock onto a target using the Weaps officer, also to lock the wheel so that the mouse wheel turns the RAOBF or unlock it so that the scope can be panned using the mouse. But I noticed that in one of your versions you had the RAOBF draggable with the mouse cursor--why not retain that functionality? Have it so that when the toggle switch is locked the mouse cursor can drag the RAOBF wheel around, the mouse wheel can be used to fine tune it, the unlocking the toggle, allows the scope to be panned? In other words, keep it like it is, just make the wheel draggable with the mouse again?
I have 'shared' files between all my mods. These 'shared' files are updated whenever I release a new version of a mod. As IRAI, FX, and New UIs share many files you always want to enable the latest version of the mod released last. This will ensure the 'shared' files are what they are supposed to be. The add-on mods (no hydrophone on surface, no aircraft spotting, etc.) can be installed after the base mods no problem. If these add-on mods modify a 'shared' file then I release a new version of the add-on mods. So for you installing no hydrophone on surface/no aircraft spotting last (after all the others) is ok.

Regarding the SOAN - never heard reports of this before. In order to figure out what's happening you need to run the DbgView app before starting the game (\data\Applications). When the glitch happens again then I need you to send me the full DbgView output so I can try and figure out why it's happening.

The mouse is a very hard thing to use with SH5. The only reason I have some functionality and can manipulate it like I do is because of DLL injection. I inject my TDWMouse.DLL into the game to 'take control' of the mouse per se. It's not perfect but it gives me the functionality I wanted (mousewheel control, ability to use any button on the mouse, etc.). Now the attack disc is made up of many pictures overlaid on top of each other. Only one of those pictures can have focus at a time. Thus it's only possible to, at most, have the mouse control two pictures (and that is hard to do because you have to manipulate picture sizes) at a time. In the end it was easier to just let the mousewheel control them
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 09:50 AM   #8347
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 44

Ok call me dense. I have been away from SH5 modding for 6 months or so now. I used TDW's first version of his Python viewer...but for the life of me cant figure out how to initially set it up to see the files/menu so I can use it again.

Help?
Faamecanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-11, 11:41 AM   #8348
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faamecanic View Post
Ok call me dense. I have been away from SH5 modding for 6 months or so now. I used TDW's first version of his Python viewer...but for the life of me cant figure out how to initially set it up to see the files/menu so I can use it again.

Help?
If you mean the options editor - it is here C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer

when you first run it you need to set path to menu.txt
mine is here (C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu\ menu.txt)
Old 12-23-11, 07:50 PM   #8349
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

thanks Trev.... Yep thats what Im talking about.

So do you make these changes via Options viewer BEFORE you load TDW's mod, or can you change those options at any time?

I think I have it set right...but it never opens the tabs or any options...just a blank screen. Here is whats in the cfg file (probably making some silly mistake that I will smack myself for later)

SH5InstallPath=D:\Games\SH5
LastMenuTXT=D:\Games\SH5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByT heDarkWraith\data\Menu\menu.txt
LastOptionsFilePath=C:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\
Old 12-24-11, 12:42 AM   #8350
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faamecanic View Post
thanks Trev.... Yep thats what Im talking about.

So do you make these changes via Options viewer BEFORE you load TDW's mod, or can you change those options at any time?

I think I have it set right...but it never opens the tabs or any options...just a blank screen. Here is whats in the cfg file (probably making some silly mistake that I will smack myself for later)

SH5InstallPath=D:\Games\SH5
LastMenuTXT=D:\Games\SH5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByT heDarkWraith\data\Menu\menu.txt
LastOptionsFilePath=C:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\
Run the app
Set the path to the menu.txt file (looks like you did)
Set the path to your \Silent Hunter 5 folder (looks like you did)
Press File-->Open and navigate to where the options file is (normally ..\data\Scripts\Menu) and select the options file to open and view/edit it
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 01:14 AM   #8351
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Default @ TDW

At the rig around the clock, inexhaustibly modding?

I hope your Christmas will be a really merry one sir !

Best
Old 12-24-11, 06:19 PM   #8352
Faamecanic
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Run the app
Set the path to the menu.txt file (looks like you did)
Set the path to your \Silent Hunter 5 folder (looks like you did)
Press File-->Open and navigate to where the options file is (normally ..\data\Scripts\Menu) and select the options file to open and view/edit it
Ahhh...the last part is what Im missing! thanks!

And Merry Christmas/happy holidays to you sir (to echo Silent) thanks for all your hard work!!
Old 12-25-11, 11:40 AM   #8353
Mage
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Default Thanks

Thanks so much, unplayable with vailla TDC, thank you thank you
Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 07:03 AM   #8354
tayc
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Trouble extracting NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_TheDarkWraith.7z

G'day!

I'm having a lot of trouble extracting NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_TheDarkWraith.7z downloaded from Game Front. I have have upgraded to WinZIP 16 and tried WinRAR (Trial) to extract. WinRAR still had errors but seemed to extract more. Both started to get hung up with the extraction over Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.1 but WinRAR seemed to give me more - all I could get from WinZIP (my usual file compression software) was Dials, and then not all. Has anyone had this problem? I have downloaded and extracted a number of mods with no trouble (including an earlier version of Dark Wrath's New UIs). Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks.
Old 12-26-11, 07:18 AM   #8355
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayc View Post
G'day!

I'm having a lot of trouble extracting NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_TheDarkWraith.7z downloaded from Game Front. I have have upgraded to WinZIP 16 and tried WinRAR (Trial) to extract. WinRAR still had errors but seemed to extract more. Both started to get hung up with the extraction over Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.1 but WinRAR seemed to give me more - all I could get from WinZIP (my usual file compression software) was Dials, and then not all. Has anyone had this problem? I have downloaded and extracted a number of mods with no trouble (including an earlier version of Dark Wrath's New UIs). Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks.
Hi tayc

Sometimes WinZip can't manage to extract files with long names.

Try one of these;

ZipGenius

7-Zip

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui