SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-09, 10:44 AM   #31
spike12
Gunner

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 0
Default Filefront link is gone

Could you,pleaese,re-lease the boat, I wanna try my hand at a little surface-raidin' with 'er.(yeah,I know this is an old thread)
spike12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 11:46 PM   #32
jmardlin
Soundman

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 8

Peabody you can get the torpedoes to work but it take some repositioning of the tube door so the torp does not hit the hull when it launches. I know I did it with the Montana and it worked. Not sure if I released it that way though.
jmardlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 02:34 PM   #33
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike12 View Post
Could you,pleaese,re-lease the boat, I wanna try my hand at a little surface-raidin' with 'er.(yeah,I know this is an old thread)
I have reposted the file, but just for your info, I have not had time to fix it so it will work in Career mode. There is a mistake in the UPC file. It works fine in single missions. You can refit at any US bases but it will not repair hull damage, like it does in Career mode at the home base.
I plan to fix it, and several other ship I built, when I get the Japanese Campaign done. (if I live that long. )

Here is the link. I added a TBT so you can measure distance to target if you want to man the Deckgun.

http://files.filefront.com/13942381

Peabody

PS @ jmardlin
The reason I didn't bother to make the torpedo so it could be fired like I did on some other ships is that the Brooklyn didn't have any torpedos from the info I could find. (But the info I found also says it served in the Atlantic, not the Pacific....????)

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 06-28-09 at 12:39 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-09, 03:05 AM   #34
Sailor man

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPeaceKeeper View Post
I want to unrealistically start off with the USS Iowa in 1941 This could be fun provided it could be used in the campaign.....
unrealistic is understatement, alternate history is more apporite :p
0167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-09, 09:04 AM   #35
spike12
Gunner

Downloads: 113

Thanx for re-releasing the brooklyn,I used her for a couple of war patrols,and I noticed a couple of things that might need work on when you get the chance;
1. The TBT isn't working
2.Although she has radar,It cannot be turned on
But other than those,she works perfectly,that's all.
spike12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-09, 12:38 PM   #36
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike12 View Post
Thanx for re-releasing the brooklyn,I used her for a couple of war patrols,and I noticed a couple of things that might need work on when you get the chance;
1. The TBT isn't working
2.Although she has radar,It cannot be turned on
But other than those,she works perfectly,that's all.
Sorry Spike12, my mistake. I must have been half asleep when I put the TBT in, I put in the TBT but not he camera view for it. The radar is something else that needs to be changed when I get time. The sub I used had the radar gear installed but not usuable at the beginning of the war, it needed to be purchased later in the game. I'll fix that when I get some time.

New link and I am also going to edit the other post to put in the new link.

http://files.filefront.com/13942381

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 10-05-09, 05:17 PM   #37
SilentTEO
Watch

Downloads: 45

Hi

I have lucky whit 2 ships of the same moder (Kongo and Fuso), and they are fantastics, but is the last une and i cant get it, because the file not exist on filefront web page ...

Anyone can make a repload of the link please?

Thank you all!!

p.s: Sorry the english
SilentTEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 12:31 PM   #38
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentTEO View Post
Hi

I have lucky whit 2 ships of the same moder (Kongo and Fuso), and they are fantastics, but is the last une and i cant get it, because the file not exist on filefront web page ...

Anyone can make a repload of the link please?

Thank you all!!

p.s: Sorry the english
Here is the Brooklyn:

http://www.filefront.com/14669289/USS%20Brooklyn.zi

But it is an old MOD that I didn't fix to work in Career, it will only work with Single missions.

Peabody

Old 10-06-09, 02:12 PM   #39
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

wonderful ship Peabody. Those forward turrets were the source of endless controversy at the Bu of Ships back in the day. My grandfather said the scuppers ran red with blood over them, and various schools of thought on such strange turrent schemes. The greatest maverick of them all was the HMS Agincourt which was ordered and paid for by Turkey but siezed at the last moment by the RN due to german influence over Turkey in WWI. Thanks so much for the Brooklyn, she was a lovely ship and she and her sisters did yeoman service in the war and since.
Old 10-06-09, 03:50 PM   #40
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
wonderful ship Peabody. Those forward turrets were the source of endless controversy at the Bu of Ships back in the day. My grandfather said the scuppers ran red with blood over them, and various schools of thought on such strange turrent schemes. The greatest maverick of them all was the HMS Agincourt which was ordered and paid for by Turkey but siezed at the last moment by the RN due to german influence over Turkey in WWI. Thanks so much for the Brooklyn, she was a lovely ship and she and her sisters did yeoman service in the war and since.
Thanks Admiral. I hope to get a chance to "finish" it once I get this Japanese Campaign done. But Real life is kicking my butt.

I still need to put in damage control and fix the upc so it will work in Career mode.

Peabody

Old 06-02-10, 04:44 PM   #41
rada660
Watch

Downloads: 55
file no more available :C

can you choose another host than filefront maybe seem its do that many time
rada660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-10, 01:18 PM   #42
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

peabody, try using your main filefront page link instead of the mod itself, that way you dont lose the mod links every time you update or change your mods.

doing it that way sure has made my life easier and people often find and can try some of your other mods that they didnt know about

by the way, you links for the fuso mod are broken as well
Old 06-16-10, 06:27 AM   #43
rein1705
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 541

cant wait 4 that.

"Diesel Pig"

Not so long ago...
rein1705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 05:42 AM   #44
Francesco
Swabbie

Downloads: 57

The link is not working it seems. Anyone could upload it again?
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 01:30 PM   #45
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

error quickkey content invalid as always.....
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote