SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-31-08, 02:26 PM   #1
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7
Default [REL] USS Brooklyn Light Cruiser

I am releasing the Brooklyn Light Cruiser.

I included a Single Mission to attack a Japanese Convoy, with 2 DDs to assist, so make sure of your target.
Make sure you don't fire the torpedo, you WILL explode.

There is a readme for install if you need it. Simply extract to your MODs folder and enable with JSGME.
Thank to W4lt3r for the range fix included. Also have raised some of the ammo levels.
It has one playable front Turret and two playable AA guns.

One note: While I was searching the net for the range of the ship without refueling, I discovered that the Brooklyn never served in the Pacific. Don't know why it was included in the game, but I was 90% complete with it, so I finished it.

http://files.filefront.com/USS+Brook.../fileinfo.html

Hope you enjoy it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-08, 02:35 PM   #2
Nokia
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Fantastic work! Gonna test it before I go to sleep.

Nokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-08, 03:03 PM   #3
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

great job! cant wait to use it! I was going to make it but instead started the Fiji class

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-08, 03:14 PM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

first time i got around to trying a playable ship

a few questions though, i was wondering if the lack of range finder was done on purpose and if so why? i mean they would have someone to calculate a range estimate so blindly shooting isnt the way it was done.

how do you use the other AA turrent? i tried clicking on the AA gun again but it doesnt change position.
Old 08-31-08, 03:51 PM   #5
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER

a few questions though, i was wondering if the lack of range finder was done on purpose and if so why? i mean they would have someone to calculate a range estimate so blindly shooting isnt the way it was done.

how do you use the other AA turrent? i tried clicking on the AA gun again but it doesnt change position.
Hope you like it. As for lack of range finder, since I am a 'beginner' I don't have a clue what you mean. edit: I was just thinking, would that be the UZO or TBT? If it is I thought it was used for targeting for torpedos. If that is what you mean, it is a simple matter to add one. Didn't put it in because I need a torp tube to make the boat work, but if you fire it, your ship blows up.:rotfl:. So if that is what you are talking about, let me know, I'll make sure to add it.

Edit: if you are talking about the range finder on the gun itself, it is there, mouse wheel.

As for the playable turret. The turret is a 'deckgun' and only one is playable. If you select the AA next to it, you will have two buttons to select. One starboard, one port. Both the same type of gun Twin 20mm but different sides of the ship.

@MrBeast: Thanks for the info.
@Ivank and Nokia. Thank you hope you enjoy it.

I wish I knew more about doing damage on these things but unfortunately I don't.
Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 08-31-08 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-31-08, 04:22 PM   #6
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Downloads: 40

Talk to Rucco, did you ever find the issue with using these in the Campaign? Right now the Iowa is resigned to "war patrols" and missions which is kinda lame :P I want to unrealistically start off with the USS Iowa in 1941 This could be fun provided it could be used in the campaign.....
UrPeaceKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-08, 05:08 PM   #7
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER

Hope you like it. As for lack of range finder, since I am a 'beginner' I don't have a clue what you mean. edit: I was just thinking, would that be the UZO or TBT? If it is I thought it was used for targeting for torpedos. If that is what you mean, it is a simple matter to add one. Didn't put it in because I need a torp tube to make the boat work, but if you fire it, your ship blows up.:rotfl:. So if that is what you are talking about, let me know, I'll make sure to add it.

Peabody
yes the uzo, i use it to get range estimate for deck guns then adjust from there.

the binoculars dont show the range on its screen so its hard to judge a starting range.

the AA gun, im using 1.5 with no other mods and i only have 1 AAgun button
next to my deck gun button.

as for the mod, yes i like it a lot.

one suggestion though, simply remove all torpedos, by having zero inventory, you cant accidentally shoot one because you dont have any.

also since your using deck guns at long range you should double the zoom level on deck gun sight so its visual sight can see the ships your shooting way off on the horizon, as it is now they are barely visable to me yet im under fire from them so i think that needs to be looked at.

also what do you mean when you say "I wish I knew more about doing damage on these things but unfortunately I don't." what kind of damage? hit points and armor or ship damage modeling?
Old 08-31-08, 03:17 PM   #8
mrbeast
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
...One note: While I was searching the net for the range of the ship without refueling, I discovered that the Brooklyn never served in the Pacific. Don't know why it was included in the game, but I was 90% complete with it, so I finished it.....
Although the USS Brooklyn indeed did not serve in the Pacific several of her sisters did, seeing quite a bit of action, so I think she was included as a generic US CL type.

Incidently the General Belgrano was the ex USS Phoenix, a Brooklyn class ship, and IIRC was at Pearl Harbour on 7th December 1941.
Old 08-31-08, 03:31 PM   #9
clayp
The Old Man

Downloads: 340
Great fantastic work bud....

clayp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 10:44 AM   #10
spike12
Gunner

Downloads: 113
Default Filefront link is gone

Could you,pleaese,re-lease the boat, I wanna try my hand at a little surface-raidin' with 'er.(yeah,I know this is an old thread)
spike12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-09, 11:46 PM   #11
jmardlin
Soundman

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 8

Peabody you can get the torpedoes to work but it take some repositioning of the tube door so the torp does not hit the hull when it launches. I know I did it with the Montana and it worked. Not sure if I released it that way though.
jmardlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 02:34 PM   #12
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike12 View Post
Could you,pleaese,re-lease the boat, I wanna try my hand at a little surface-raidin' with 'er.(yeah,I know this is an old thread)
I have reposted the file, but just for your info, I have not had time to fix it so it will work in Career mode. There is a mistake in the UPC file. It works fine in single missions. You can refit at any US bases but it will not repair hull damage, like it does in Career mode at the home base.
I plan to fix it, and several other ship I built, when I get the Japanese Campaign done. (if I live that long. )

Here is the link. I added a TBT so you can measure distance to target if you want to man the Deckgun.

http://files.filefront.com/13942381

Peabody

PS @ jmardlin
The reason I didn't bother to make the torpedo so it could be fired like I did on some other ships is that the Brooklyn didn't have any torpedos from the info I could find. (But the info I found also says it served in the Atlantic, not the Pacific....????)

Last edited by peabody; 06-28-09 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-02-11, 01:30 PM   #13
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

error quickkey content invalid as always.....
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 05:55 AM   #14
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488
Default friendly poke;)

i could never enjoy your battleships as long you uploading to the damn filefront
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-11, 03:34 PM   #15
Seawolve44
Watch

Downloads: 30

PEABODY: Can you please reupload your playable surface warship mods again? Many players here want to download (and redownload) your great playable ships mods. Its sad to let all these nice playable ship mods go to waste of the past with all the work put into them (I curse at Gamefront, was aka: Filefront for deleting them!)
Seawolve44 is offline   Reply With Quote