Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-17, 09:37 AM   #1
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon7 Capt Codetrucker reporting for duty, sir!

Greetings Mates,

Just a word to say I am happy to be here. My family presented me with an 1946 Husan sextant on my last (59th) birthday. I am hoping to learn the art of navigation primarily via Silent Hunter, Virtual Sailor 7 (which also has subs) and any other accurate simulated star field navigation sims. Feel free to offer any suggestions, but my focus is accuracy to the point I could move to a vessel and have a pretty good chance of getting to my desired port. FYI - I recently licensed and downloaded SH3, SH4 and SH5 from Steam.

Like an ATC controller for air traffic, I have always held that a sub skipper must be able to keep a 3D situational awareness between his ears. Whether this is something you either have or have not I do not know, but I would still like to learn it if it is learn-able.

One request I can use some help with is the ability to "turn off" the sub's and targets' positions on the navigation map. I thought there might be a setting for this, but can't find it if it is there. Can someone help me with this? If this has already been discussed I would appreciate being directed to the thread(s). I guess I could just use pencil and paper if the icons can't be hidden. Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Capt Codetrucker; 08-22-17 at 09:44 AM. Reason: I forgot to subscribe to the thread.