Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-18, 04:14 PM   #4336
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

So now combover caligula wants a trade war.
Bonne chance

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-02-18, 04:31 PM   #4337
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Its on!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-02-18, 04:38 PM   #4338
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
So now combover caligula wants a trade war.
Bonne chance
It will be a short-term success, and a longtime pyrrhus victory. And so: a perfect choice by a blender.

China has already started to reduce its over-capacities in steel production, so is not overly shocked, also, they have expected this step. The EU however fears that those steel producers (Canada, Mexico, Asia) that get scared off the US market, will start to pump their former US-aimed steel onto EU markets, namely Germany with its already (self-wantred) overpriced energy-costs, makiugn German steel very expensive. TV news this evening said that the EU for the moment sends a messag only by starting retaliatory penalty taxes on Harley Davidson (Wisconsin), and Bourbon (Tennessee, Kentucky), which is more a symbolic target list, since these states are home of Republican speaker of represenatives, and Republican majority leader. This however most likely is not the sharp edge of the sword the EU can swing, it is more a symbolic message meant to motivate returning to more reason. Once the US sanctions make their stings felt, the EU cannot avoid to retaliate in full.

The media remind of that penalty taxes on steel imports were raised already under Bush. But it was the American end-consumer market that was hit most by them, in the end forcing Bush to take them back after just one year.

The EU has for the monent chosen just to take a first baby step on the escalation ladder. This does not mean that far more serious steps cannot be imagined.

Also, damage can be done to the US by not issuing penalty taxes on US imports, but by draconically regulating and crushing business activities by the spearhead of US technology exports: Microsoft, Google, Apple, Intel and the like.

If its an economic war, then let it be war for sure. Tango is danced by two.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-02-18 at 04:48 PM.
Skybird is online  
Old 03-02-18, 10:21 PM   #4339
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Tango is danced by two.
But one dancer always leads. Samba is danced by everyone.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 03-03-18, 04:09 AM   #4340
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk66 View Post
A couple of weeks ago he claimed the rising stock markets would be due to his actions. If he continues this way until the end of his presidency, will he then also take over the responsibilities of the crashed stock market ? We all know the answer...
Seems I am not the only one thinking about that:

Old 03-03-18, 06:28 AM   #4341
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

We paid this man a lot of money to be in charge of a major intelligence community in the USA from March 2013 to January 2017... at what point in time should we not trust his evaluations?

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...an-says-2018-3

Former CIA director John Brennan says he believes the US is headed down a dangerous path under President Donald Trump.

Quote:
"There's a part of me that had been very angry at Donald Trump for the things he said and things he did," Brennan said. "I am now moving into the realm of deep worry and concern that our country needs strong leadership now."

Brennan pointed to looming threats from North Korea and Russia in particular, chastising Trump for "tweeting about Alec Baldwin" while Russian President Vladimir Putin was "flexing his muscles" on the military front.

"And I do think, unfortunately, it is going to get more painful, a bit worse before it gets better," Brennan said.
Surely if there is such a thing as a white house psychiatrist it is time to hear from him ... Just a minute two men in black suits are knocking on my door
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-03-18, 11:13 AM   #4342
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
We paid this man a lot of money to be in charge of a major intelligence community in the USA from March 2013 to January 2017... at what point in time should we not trust his evaluations?
Evaluations are a systematic determination of a subject's merit, worth and significance, using criteria governed by a set of standards.

Once you determined what those standards are you should be able to determine the point you no longer trust or in fact do trust them.

What I think you heard was an opinion. Opinions are judgements made in the mind. And as we all know opinions are like arseholes, everyone got one.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-03-18 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-03-18, 12:06 PM   #4343
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
The CEOs at Kmart got paid a lot of money. Would you want them to run a company for you? I don't trust someone who's methods gets called into question should the person he is critiquing succeed. If Trump is successful, the last twenty years of federal gov't bosses look like a bunch of idiots, or worse yet sell outs. That feeling among the people for good or bad is why Trump is where he is right now. Trump being where he is now is also confirming that a deep state actually exists(maybe not in an organized way) mainly for the reason of maintaining that deep state. I've always thought that anyone holding a gov't job shouldn't get a vote, now I see that it's much worse than that.
Old 03-03-18, 09:00 PM   #4344
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
If Trump is successful....
IF

Yeah, that's a pretty big "if".
Old 03-04-18, 01:01 PM   #4345
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I find it very interesting to read what the common people have to say about President Trump

And even from people working in public, such as actors sportsmen etc.

One of these is our Mr. Zulu(George Takei)

I have never seen a person with so much anti-Trump bashing like he have.

I get the feeling he hate Trump.

He has the right to do so-write negative things about trump and if he do hate him, have the right to hate him.

I haven't found the opposite yet
A person who in his or her writing writes lovely pro-Trump stuff and love President Trump.

Markus
Old 03-04-18, 02:46 PM   #4346
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

At work, we had one actual Pro-Trump person as opposed to many Pro-Republican/Anti Democrat/Anti Hillary persons.

However, this Pro Trump person has been pretty quiet these days.

I suspect that a lot of Pro Trump people are quite these days.
Old 03-04-18, 04:26 PM   #4347
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Probably about the time they caught him lying to congress would be my guess.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 03-05-18, 04:05 PM   #4348
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

In this week's episode of "Mueller Mondays", former Trump aide Sam Nunberg gets subpoenaed by the Grand Jury, goes on live TV to say he's not going to cooperate. Says also he thinks they (Mueller) might have something on Trump.

Full interview on MSNBC:
http://www.msnbc.com/katy-tur/watch/...-1177240643765

What a trainwreck.

EDIT: CNN interview:

Last edited by Dowly; 03-05-18 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-05-18, 04:33 PM   #4349
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
At work, we had one actual Pro-Trump person as opposed to many Pro-Republican/Anti Democrat/Anti Hillary persons.

However, this Pro Trump person has been pretty quiet these days.

I suspect that a lot of Pro Trump people are quite these days.

There is an awful lot of skulking going on by the Pro-Trump crowd these days; not really seeing as many MAGA caps as before and the rhetoric around here by the (former?) Pro-Trumpers is noticeably less and more subdued...

An interesting observations: on my way to the local library branch, there is a storefront, occupied for decades by a business that, during the 2016 Election run-up, and a few months afterwards, was festooned with all manner of Pro-Trump material, posters, pictures, etc.; about six or so months after the election, the business disappeared overnight, literally: one day it was there and the next day, when I walked by, it was completely gone, without a trace or notice of any new location; a long-term, family business, vanished. A harbinger, perhaps...

The New Yorker Magazine has a well researched and quite comprehensive article on former MI6 operative Christopher Steele, the origins of the Steele Memos, and the background of both. Well worth the reading (although I somehow suspect the Trump apologists/defender will pull a TLDR and just go ahead and criticize without actual knowledge, as usual):

Christopher Steele, the Man Behind the Trump Dossier --

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-trump-dossier

<O>
Old 03-05-18, 05:09 PM   #4350
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Well worth the reading (although I somehow suspect the Trump apologists/defender will pull a TLDR and just go ahead and criticize without actual knowledge, as usual):
So now you are insulting people before the fact. I guess I'll not bother.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter