SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Which version of TSWSM are you looking forward to?
Version 1 156 20.77%
Version 2 79 10.52%
Version 3 29 3.86%
Version 4 77 10.25%
All of them 488 64.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 751. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-09, 01:14 PM   #346
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey117
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfiller
Darkfish - top work, thankyou

You have a PM on the way with a link to download my current WIP folder. I have cheekily included another request in the PM - just thought you may have an idea to help out with a specific item.

While we're on the subject of rotating thingies - aren't the radars on the top of the German cap ships supposed to rotate aswell (I mean continuously) ? Can this be done ?
um yer they do rotate but not continuously thats if your talking about the fumO 30 ????? cause they dont rotate continuously
LOL I like your sig! I would invite you but if you have no skillz it is kinda pointless, no offense.

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 02:28 PM   #347
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivank
LOL I like your sig! I would invite you but if you have no skillz it is kinda pointless, no offense.
Lead tester
DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 03:02 PM   #348
ivank
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFish
Quote:
Lead tester
Sounds good to me!

UPDATE:
I had another virus, so I lost everything on my computer. So when I get around to re-installing everything, could everyone on TSWSMT send me there work?

SH427: I just read about Fall of the Rising Sun Mod-Pack, and it has a lot of the ships I send you to be converted! So latter I will ask them for premission to use them(help you with the work load!)

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 03-09-09, 06:42 PM   #349
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

Ivan - while you're at it (requesting permission), suggest you contact Ops Monsoon mod also (has Warpsite, renown, repulse etc.) ?
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 07:19 PM   #350
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Ivan, dude, if i were you, i would cover my internet lines with lead and concrete...

and the Yamato's main bridge was on the direct top of the superstructure, i will grab and upload some pictures of my Yamato modelwhere the bridge is.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 09:28 PM   #351
ivank
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427
Ivan, dude, if i were you, i would cover my internet lines with lead and concrete...

and the Yamato's main bridge was on the direct top of the superstructure, i will grab and upload some pictures of my Yamato modelwhere the bridge is.
Dude I agree! 2 viruses in like 5months

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 03-10-09, 02:47 AM   #352
mickey117
Gunner

Downloads: 85
Default lol

Quote:
Quote:
um yer they do rotate but not continuously thats if your talking about the fumO 30 ????? cause they dont rotate continuously
I don't think major warships had submarine radars like the FuMO30
anyway, it would be a lot of work to make different radar files for every possible type of radar. alternatively we could use submarine radars, make them invisible (eg. by placing them inside the tower) and use a rotating 3d model inside the main dat file. But this way the radar won't stop if you stop scanning, it'll keep rotating as mickey117 pointed out.

Quote:
on the yamoto is i spouse where you go lookout/watch isnt moving but is the command/bridge gonna be change to where the acual bridge is or yous leaving it cause ive seen a movie on youtube and it shows the actual bridge well idn if its accurate but its pretty close to what i think it would be
do you know the url to that movie? or how you found it? If it clearly shows the bridge I might just go make one.
umm its a movie called otoko tachi no yamoto but on youtube is called
YAMATO - World's Largest & Greatest Battleship Ever Built and the url is

PART OF SUPER SURFACE WARFARE MOD
> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144946

{FIGHT TO THE LAST SHELL}
mickey117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 02:49 AM   #353
mickey117
Gunner

ah!

umm its not that clear but it gives you an idea for what to do it took me bout and hour to find cause all the movies on it are just those ones where its getting attacked so yer hope it helps

Old 03-10-09, 02:53 AM   #354
mickey117
Gunner

lol

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfiller
Darkfish - top work, thankyou

You have a PM on the way with a link to download my current WIP folder. I have cheekily included another request in the PM - just thought you may have an idea to help out with a specific item.

While we're on the subject of rotating thingies - aren't the radars on the top of the German cap ships supposed to rotate aswell (I mean continuously) ? Can this be done ?
aww na its k cause i was'nt asking anyway i just made one like you had 1 like your head of the mod and i got no skillz lol

Old 03-11-09, 02:25 AM   #355
mickey117
Gunner

hmm?

the fumo 30 is the radar used on bismarck and tirpitz they those mattress radars on the front of the range finders aboard the ships they where also used on scharhorst and her sister ship which idn how to spell her name lol

Old 03-11-09, 09:35 AM   #356
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28

Quote:
the fumo 30 is the radar used on bismarck and tirpitz they those mattress radars on the front of the range finders aboard the ships they where also used on scharhorst and her sister ship which idn how to spell her name lol
Afaik FuMO30 was used on submarines only. navweaps.com confirms this, so do a few other sites I searched. Major warships and their range finders used other radar types.
BTW is there any chance you might mean Gneisenau?
DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-09, 03:38 PM   #357
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

A couple things. One, the IJN radars can rotate. I've done that, and they do in RSRDC now (my Real IJN mod is included in RSRDC). The best way to add radars is with a Y node so that they can appear only when they did in RL, instead of having late war bedsprings on an early war ship

Two, I love what you did with the gun director. I made directors randomly rotate for RIJN, but your solution is better. An idea; make a dummy shell for it to shoot.

This is for sure gonna go in RIJN 2.0
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-09, 04:26 PM   #358
Lagger123987
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 323
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i was just thinking if it is possible when you fire the mane gun could you have an actual shell flying instead of a yellow fire ball?? just wondering cause it would be mass cool
It is. I have already tested such things for myself and it works. But I wonder if you see the difference on a shell flying 800 m/s.
Besides, I do not know what impact it'll have on FPS when you're engaged in a big battle with lots of shells flying.
i supose your right but it's still worth a shot just to test it cause it would look awesome to have like an 18.1 inch from the yamoto flying at a destoyer it would make the best screen shots
All right then, you want something like this?

I must say it is indeed very impressive to see those massive shells heading for a small fletcher
I was wondering if this is going be a separate mod, the shells instead of a fireball when ships fire.
Old 03-11-09, 05:54 PM   #359
ivank
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagger123987
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i was just thinking if it is possible when you fire the mane gun could you have an actual shell flying instead of a yellow fire ball?? just wondering cause it would be mass cool
It is. I have already tested such things for myself and it works. But I wonder if you see the difference on a shell flying 800 m/s.
Besides, I do not know what impact it'll have on FPS when you're engaged in a big battle with lots of shells flying.
i supose your right but it's still worth a shot just to test it cause it would look awesome to have like an 18.1 inch from the yamoto flying at a destoyer it would make the best screen shots
All right then, you want something like this?

I must say it is indeed very impressive to see those massive shells heading for a small fletcher
I was wondering if this is going be a separate mod, the shells instead of a fireball when ships fire.
We could make it one.

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 03-11-09, 09:50 PM   #360
mickey117
Gunner

yer

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think major warships had submarine radars like the FuMO30
anyway, it would be a lot of work to make different radar files for every possible type of radar. alternatively we could use submarine radars, make them invisible (eg. by placing them inside the tower) and use a rotating 3d model inside the main dat file. But this way the radar won't stop if you stop scanning, it'll keep rotating as mickey117 pointed out.

Quote:
on the yamoto is i spouse where you go lookout/watch isnt moving but is the command/bridge gonna be change to where the acual bridge is or yous leaving it cause ive seen a movie on youtube and it shows the actual bridge well idn if its accurate but its pretty close to what i think it would be
do you know the url to that movie? or how you found it? If it clearly shows the bridge I might just go make one.
yer that right umm i got confused umm most ships used the FUMO 23 or the FUMO 26 and the FUMO 27

Last edited by mickey117; 03-12-09 at 02:11 AM.