SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-09, 09:55 AM   #1
Richard G
Mate

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Default Complete Mystery to Me

After reading the manual, I just spent about 45 minutes attempting to order a division to turn in line. The ships will not turn.

I get the yellow "turn to course" line, click the map, and the ships keep steaming off in a straight line.

Player input is very limited, there doesnt seem to much to do besides order course and speed for fleet.

I can't say I'll be buying this one.
Old 08-19-09, 10:22 AM   #2
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Right click -> Division turn by succession...

Is there ever anything else in tactical-level strategy games besides ordering your units into position and doing what you want them in order to defeat the enemy? (Besides the fact that there is a campaign in the full game that requires quite a lot of planning)
Old 08-20-09, 11:29 AM   #3
Richard G
Mate

Downloads: 14

Figured it out by accident, the onscreen prompts don't help any. After clicking change course, the prompt at bottom of screen say "left or right click on position". Well, left click doesn't work, only right clicking inputs orders.

The campaign might be interesting, but theres no way to look at that with the trial version.
Old 08-22-09, 09:15 AM   #4
ExMachina
Sailor man

Downloads: 0

Good call Richard G! I am having the same problem w/ turn in succession--think I've ordered it correctly only to see the ships not turn. Will try the right click next time.

Know what you mean by the seemingly limited things to do. This is the classic era of Mahan, so the equation of force on force will generally decide the battle's outcome..

However, there ARE tactics that you can either employ or ignore...and if you ignore them you will probably get hammered to death, even if you have a slight force advantage
ExMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 09:25 PM   #5
Xxzard
Swabbie

Guys, I couldn't do any turns in succession until I paused the game while giving the order. Try that and it may well work. Without doing it, ships just kept going on previous course.

Thats what worked for me.
Xxzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 10:25 PM   #6
rubberboot
Swabbie

You have to select the lead ship only, right click on it, then the change course icon, and right click on the screen where you want to go. Then it will give you some options ie turn in succession, turn now, etc. Left click on the turn in succession, and the ships play follow the leader. It is easier if you expand the mini map - press 'M'. You shouldn't have to pause.....

Hope this helps,
rubberboot is offline   Reply With Quote