SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-09, 05:18 PM   #91
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RS]Wedge View Post
How do I turn off Battery charging with the GFO mod? When I click on the battery button when surfaced the shipmate just says "charging battery".

In the stock version 1.5 I am able to toggle the battery charging on and off.

Thansk for any help.

it hasnt changed but i moved the battery charging button from the command room to the bridge station controls since battery charging is only done when surfaced.

simply use the battery charging button on the bridge controls to toggle it off or on.
Old 05-31-09, 05:58 PM   #92
[RS]Wedge
Watch

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

When I click the button to turn it off - the reply is "Battery is charging", When I click the button again to turn it off - the reply is the same. It's the same reply everytime I click the button.

In the original version 1.5 there was a definite alternating replies to know when the battery was charging or not.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks for your reply.

~S~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
it hasnt changed but i moved the battery charging button from the command room to the bridge station controls since battery charging is only done when surfaced.

simply use the battery charging button on the bridge controls to toggle it off or on.
[RS]Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-09, 10:11 PM   #93
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RS]Wedge View Post
When I click the button to turn it off - the reply is "Battery is charging", When I click the button again to turn it off - the reply is the same. It's the same reply everytime I click the button.

In the original version 1.5 there was a definite alternating replies to know when the battery was charging or not.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks for your reply.

~S~
open data/ menu / gui folder and delete all the files there except for the US_torpedos512 files then open the data/ menu / cfg folder and delete the ordersbar file there to remove the new orders bar buttons in GFO

Last edited by Webster; 06-01-09 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-01-09, 01:59 AM   #94
[RS]Wedge
Watch

Downloads: 32

I figured it out. Here is what is happening:

When the battery is fully charged I keep getting the "Battery is Charging" dialogue when I'm clicking on the button to toggle off the battery charger. In all actuallity the battery charger is automatically toggled off when the battery reaches 100% even though you can still hear the "Battery is Charging" when trying to manually toggle off the charger.

I tested this and let the battery only charge to 90% and then toggled off the charger and it worked just fine and I got the correct dialogue stating that the battery charger is off.

[RS]Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 11:55 AM   #95
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
wow, very strange, i think it has to be something in windows 7 then because i just rechecked it all one more time and cant find anything not working correctly.

no one has ever reported anything like that when using Windows XP or Vista
As I said before, this is something a very few have had trouble with it when using the Menumaker. It's not Windows 7 specific.

Quote:
send me the stark stuff and i'll look at it but to be honest im not looking to do any more modding.

i have a corrected version of my reduced radio traffic mod that now includes lurkers display fix so you can just add that to GFO to solve that issue.

find it here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1033
Will download, and send the Stark stuff via PM.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 02:12 PM   #96
Political Feud
Swabbie

Downloads: 15

Hey, is GFO compatible with RSRD? If so, what order should I install them?
Political Feud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 02:44 PM   #97
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Political Feud View Post
Hey, is GFO compatible with RSRD? If so, what order should I install them?

they will work together but i need to do a patch to restore the manuvering fix to some ships that RSRDC makes changes to.

for now some ships will not accelerate as slowly as they should but other than that the mods work fine together.

for now you install GFO first then install RSRDC v401

when i finish the RSRDC v401 patch for GFO you will install GFO first then install RSRDC v401 and then the RSRDC v401 patch for GFO
Old 06-02-09, 03:29 PM   #98
Political Feud
Swabbie

Downloads: 15

Thanks!
Political Feud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 02:41 PM   #99
BObB
Swabbie

Downloads: 90

I'm hoping someone can point out the obvious mistake(s) I'm making in trying to get the GFO mod to work. I purposefully held off playing SH4 until Webster released this mod. In the meantime I have played SH3/GWX Gold plus a few other minor mods thrown in.

Here's the steps that I've done with SH4:

1) Insert the SH4 Gold Edition disk and install the game.
2) Remove the disk and reboot.
3) Call up the game to ensure a V1.5 installation, then quit the game.
4) Access and install the JonesSoft Enabler to my SH4 Wolves of the Pacific folder.
5) Take a snapshot of the current file structure.
6) Access the GFO Mod at Filefront and download the folder contents to the Mods folder under the SH4 Wolves of the Pacific folder
7) Open the enabler and apply the GFO mod, then compare the results to the original snapshot. I get about 150 to 250 lines of information informing me of changes to the original data folder contents.
8) Call up the game expecting to see those modifcations. But in starting a career, I see that the captain picture is unchanged from stock and to go a step further: I start a patrol and see that the menu icons are unchanged. No use in going further, so I log out and begin swearing.

I am at a total loss as to what it is I'm doing incorrectly. I usually don't post hear although I am a longtime member and lurker. I've found that with the tremendous support found at this site, one only has to do a couple of searches to get an answer to his/her issue. And besides, I've learned a lot of supplemental information to both SH3 and SH4 by just reading the posts. Many thanks in advance to those who take the time to assist me.
BObB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 03:09 PM   #100
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BObB View Post
I'm hoping someone can point out the obvious mistake(s) I'm making in trying to get the GFO mod to work. I purposefully held off playing SH4 until Webster released this mod. In the meantime I have played SH3/GWX Gold plus a few other minor mods thrown in.

Here's the steps that I've done with SH4:

1) Insert the SH4 Gold Edition disk and install the game.
2) Remove the disk and reboot.
3) Call up the game to ensure a V1.5 installation, then quit the game.
4) Access and install the JonesSoft Enabler to my SH4 Wolves of the Pacific folder.
5) Take a snapshot of the current file structure.
6) Access the GFO Mod at Filefront and download the folder contents to the Mods folder under the SH4 Wolves of the Pacific folder
7) Open the enabler and apply the GFO mod, then compare the results to the original snapshot. I get about 150 to 250 lines of information informing me of changes to the original data folder contents.
8) Call up the game expecting to see those modifcations. But in starting a career, I see that the captain picture is unchanged from stock and to go a step further: I start a patrol and see that the menu icons are unchanged. No use in going further, so I log out and begin swearing.

I am at a total loss as to what it is I'm doing incorrectly. I usually don't post hear although I am a longtime member and lurker. I've found that with the tremendous support found at this site, one only has to do a couple of searches to get an answer to his/her issue. And besides, I've learned a lot of supplemental information to both SH3 and SH4 by just reading the posts. Many thanks in advance to those who take the time to assist me.

your mistake was #6 where you downloaded the GFO mod contents to the "MODS" folder.

you need to unzip the GFO download to your desktop or to your "my documents" folder and then open it.

take the Game Fixes Only Mod folder found there and that is the actual mod so put that folder into the jsgme MODS folder and then install GFO.

as with most mods the mod is not the first unzipped folder you see because the first folder contains extras included with the mod like the read me and install info or any accessary mods to go along with the primary mod.

for some reason there are people out there who think you are supposed to unzip mods directly into jsgme which i find to be a very dangerous and risky thing to do.

you should never blindly add files to your game or your computer without at least looking at them first to know what files you are adding and confirm that they are sorted properly in order to work correctly.

i dont know if this is what you did or not but you are not the first to be confused about how to install this mod so i updated the install instructions which i hope will clear up any confusion over this.

Last edited by Webster; 06-07-09 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-07-09, 04:11 PM   #101
BObB
Swabbie

Webster,

Thank you for taking the time to offer a detailed explanation of the proper way to add a mod.

And thank you (and all other modders) for the work performed in improving this game.

BobB
Old 06-07-09, 04:47 PM   #102
alexradu89
Lieutenant

Downloads: 94

hey i just got your mod, it's very nice, but i just tried playing 2 german quick missions, (hunter killer and an other one), they both had the Walther uboat and i get a crash to desktop...
here is what and the order of mods that i have:
game fixes only mod
snorkel name fix...
gfo radio message fix
real environment
row sound effect
submarine splash and roll
webster's smaller rain

EDIT: apparently if i turn off the submarine splash and roll mod it all works, but i really want to play with that mod included... splash and roll mod has support for ALL submarines up to UBM addon (so type 9d2 and xviii walther work with it, but apparently there is a conflict or some sort between gfo and splash and roll mod...) is there a way you could look it up please, and maybe if i can change some figures and numbers around so that it can all work fine

Last edited by alexradu89; 06-07-09 at 05:39 PM.
alexradu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 06:32 PM   #103
BObB
Swabbie

Webster,

Thanks again for helping me get your mod loaded. It's up and 5 by 5. BobB
Old 06-08-09, 04:22 AM   #104
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexradu89 View Post
EDIT: apparently if i turn off the submarine splash and roll mod it all works, but i really want to play with that mod included... splash and roll mod has support for ALL submarines up to UBM addon (so type 9d2 and xviii walther work with it, but apparently there is a conflict or some sort between gfo and splash and roll mod...) is there a way you could look it up please, and maybe if i can change some figures and numbers around so that it can all work fine
im not promising anything but if you give me a link to the mods thread, i'll take a look at it to see if i can figure it out
Old 06-08-09, 05:36 AM   #105
alexradu89
Lieutenant

Downloads: 94

10x webster, http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=149596 this is the mod...(the mod is split into 5 mods, 1 primary and 4 optional if im not mistaken)
PS: the game only crashes if i activate this mod: #2 Submarine splash and roll pitch mod...if i deactivate it, everything works fine...

Last edited by alexradu89; 06-08-09 at 06:05 AM.
alexradu89 is offline   Reply With Quote