SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-02-19, 10:26 AM   #6931
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Link to patch?
I don't believe in patches. People deserve to have a one step install without having to hunt a collection of patches. v0.80 RC2 is the current release, which includes the engine sounds fix.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 10:39 AM   #6932
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIIC1941 View Post
Where can I get older versions of FOTRS Ultimate?
Request one and we'll see what we can do.
Old 01-02-19, 10:44 AM   #6933
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Request one and we'll see what we can do.
rr,
i have .63 if you need it.
mb

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 10:48 AM   #6934
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
It is always a good idea to keep old versions so when updates are made to that version and they fail you have a working one LOL
Generally, I keep the last three versions, present and the previous two, along with the patches that made the differences.

We promise NEVER to muck up the players' world with a collection of motley patches that have to be searched for and installed in the right order. Even one patch is too many. You deserve a complete mod.
Old 01-02-19, 10:51 AM   #6935
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Anyone know if true to class test depth are set in this MOD??

ROCKIN ROBBINS I downloaded the newest version RC2 but it is missing the JSGME, LAA and Multi SH4 files from the RC1 but has instructions as if they were there.

By the way I can never get LAA to work properly. Part of its exe window doesnt show and there is never a save button.

The loading screen will still RC1 on it.
Thanks, I'll check that out. Everything we've worked on hasn't involved those files, so I'm surprised. Stand by.....
Old 01-02-19, 11:02 AM   #6936
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
I've noticed, as well, ordering Periscope Depth from the surface takes quite a long time for submergence. Pressing the "D" key for a standard dive takes much less time. Pressing "Cntrl D" gets you down fast! Crash Dive!
On sighting an aircraft without the SD radar installed, I order a Crash Dive, then order a depth of 100 feet (or stop the dive at 100 feet by pressing "A".
Then after a respectable interval, come back up to Periscope Depth, (then Radar Depth if radar IS installed.) Then back up on the surface. When I am being harassed by air patrols, I also order my AA crew to stations, just in case!

After ordering Periscope Depth from the surface, once the decks are awash, one can press the "A" key and hope that stops the dive, thus simulating a "decks awash" command. (Burns more fuel though).

There were past mods that helped this issue. If I recall correctly realistic ship physics 2.6 by TorpX was one of them. In his mod Normal surface to Pdepth went down to 1:36 and if you crash dive you get there in 41 seconds (RFB 2.0 on its own had Crash Dive to Periscope depth it at 37 seconds) but you will overshoot periscope depth because of the 11 degree down angle with ISP 2.6 maybe not as much the way RFB had it at 6 degrees. ISP 2.6 is still in the download section if anyone wants to take a look at his documentation.

I'll have to give the crash dive A key a try and see how close to periscope depth I can get doing that manually instead of the boat doing it by order.

I'm thankful Decks Awash was already working.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 11:06 AM   #6937
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
the answer to your question is, Yes, the test/crush depth is different for each boat. the value is stored in the boat.SIM file. the maximum-indicated-depth for the depth gauge is set in the boat.CFG file. so, as you can see, you can have two different values.
so, if you want to have a setup like the WWII sub movies, set the value in the CFG to some value that will appear on your depth gauge (say 400). then set the value in the SIM file to something deeper.
btw, the value are in meters.
Don't do this!

What you're suggesting is going to produce the issue of not having the sub go beyond a specific crush depth. Guys complain all the time about wanting to dive deeper than what the gauges allow...…. 600 ft on the deepest valued dial on only the latest built subs (in the conning tower). By doing what you suggest, you'll not have the capability to dive deeper than the crush depth allowed...…..where's the realism in that?!?

Leave it alone...…..let every Captain decide where he wants to go with his sub. This issue you guys are talking about wouldn't even be an issue if you hadn't already played the Stock game and gotten used to the idea the game "dictates" what it's idea of "realism" is.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 11:32 AM   #6938
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
I've noticed, as well, ordering Periscope Depth from the surface takes quite a long time for submergence. Pressing the "D" key for a standard dive takes much less time. Pressing "Cntrl D" gets you down fast! Crash Dive!
On sighting an aircraft without the SD radar installed, I order a Crash Dive, then order a depth of 100 feet (or stop the dive at 100 feet by pressing "A".
Then after a respectable interval, come back up to Periscope Depth, (then Radar Depth if radar IS installed.) Then back up on the surface. When I am being harassed by air patrols, I also order my AA crew to stations, just in case!

After ordering Periscope Depth from the surface, once the decks are awash, one can press the "A" key and hope that stops the dive, thus simulating a "decks awash" command. (Burns more fuel though).

Action at 10 knots, call for a crash dive at 45 feet hit A to hold that depth but I still slide to about 72 feet. During that time I also hit P for periscope depth and attain that depth in about 70 seconds.

With RFB Crash Dive to Periscope Depth was 37 seconds. I'm getting about 50 seconds.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 01-02-19, 12:44 PM   #6939
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:

I have notice a few things in this latest version.

I can no longer put the deck gun on the bow of the Tambor as I could two versions ago. It isn't even an option now in port at the beginning of a campaign.
That's exactly right. You don't get a choice of purchasing/moving the deck gun....on any of the subs! They will stay put wherever they are placed when the mission starts. This was done to eliminate the Stock game issue of not providing a gun at all when you changed it in-port (a long time issue that occurred when you decided to move a gun from one point to another).

Now the different Deck Guns will stay put and you won't have a choice of where it goes.

They will change though, but not by your choice:

Start of game, to 1942-03-31, 3inch .50cal Stern Mount
1942-04-01, 1942-07-31, 3inch .50cal Bow Mount
1942-08-01, 1942-12-31, 4inch .50cal Stern Mount
1943-01-01, 1943-12-31, 4inch .50cal Bow Mount
1944-01-01, 1944-07-31, 5inch .25cal Stern Mount
1944-08-01, 1945-03-01, 5inch .25cal Bow Mount
1945-03-02, end of game, 5inch .25cal Twin Cannons (Bow and Stern)

This is the same for all subs, except for the Bow mount deck gun for the S-Class (no change in position). Although, it too get's upgrades:

Start of game, to 1943-01-27, 3inch .50cal Bow Mount
1943-01-28, 1943-12-31, 4inch .50cal Bow Mount
1944-01-01, end of game, 5inch .25cal Bow Mount

Sorry for not giving you the choice's from the stock game, but this was necessary to eliminate the Stock game trouble of not getting the gun to be displayed after you expected it to be on the sub.....but wasn't!!

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 01-02-19, 12:52 PM   #6940
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Action at 10 knots, call for a crash dive at 45 feet hit A to hold that depth but I still slide to about 72 feet. During that time I also hit P for periscope depth and attain that depth in about 70 seconds.

With RFB Crash Dive to Periscope Depth was 37 seconds. I'm getting about 50 seconds.
Why in the world do you expect the sub should stop on a dime after you ask it to do a "Crash Dive" that speeds up the engine speed to Full Flank Speed, and opens up the flood doors completely?? And, doing it in water, one of the most friction free environments (besides air) there is?

It's physics man!

Quote:
Old 01-02-19, 01:18 PM   #6941
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Why in the world do you expect the sub should stop on a dime after you ask it to do a "Crash Dive" that speeds up the engine speed to Full Flank Speed, and opens up the flood doors completely?? And, doing it in water, one of the most friction free environments (besides air) there is?

It's physics man!
Because I am trying to get the periscope dive time to be as correct as possible and with the mod it is not.

A real Tambor during World War II could go from 10 knots speed, surfaced to periscope depth in 36 seconds.

That is the physic I want.

Even a Gato could get her time down to 35 seconds as slow as they were but in the game with FOTRSU its a full TWO minutes to go from surface to 60 feet which is why some complained about the planes being to much. I do not think the planes were that bad it is the dive time that is to slow.

It too takes 7 minutes to go from periscope depth to full surface (15 feet) way to long. TorpX worked on the problem and helped it a bit getting 136 seconds Surface to Periscope depth times on the Tambor. He did a nice job reworking turning radius and realistic speed reductions as well.

On the Ballast Issue TorpX said this, "Fuel Ballast Expert – Duci put in this, but disabled the ability by setting it to zero. I gave it a value of 45."

I'm a tester not a modder so I have no idea where that is or in what file but this decreased the dive time from Surface to periscope and also decreased it from periscope to crash depth.

I love FOTRSU ... Loved the mod since back a few years ago when it was 6.3 I think but I'd still like to shave some time off that dive.

It's hurting me emotional you know?

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 01-02-19, 01:37 PM   #6942
nik112
Captain

Downloads: 367
Default torp textures

Hi all
can somebody tell my the location and the file name of the torp texture which

can you see at the pic

cheers
torp.jpg
nik112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 01:42 PM   #6943
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik112 View Post
Hi all
can somebody tell my the location and the file name of the torp texture which

can you see at the pic

cheers
Attachment 2714
The Texture folder??

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 01-02-19, 04:13 PM   #6944
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Locked Sonar Station Fault is back

Running the latest version, I now have the diesel engine sounds with my Tambor.

However, an old problem as resurfaced - that is the sonar station is locked to everyone but apparently the operator. The dial does not move; the whole screen is inoperative from a user standpoint. We had this problem in an earlier version but I don't remember which one.

Thanks for checking this out.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 04:19 PM   #6945
swampy
Torpedoman

Downloads: 187

The s-18 boat. When recharging the batteries with the diesel engine, both propellers still move and the topspeed is still 13 knots. Shouldn't one propeller stop?
swampy is offline   Reply With Quote