SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-11, 12:14 PM   #1216
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
Glad you like it guys ! wait to see the rest....the screenie is...nothing !

it is almost done(tiny things have left to be done) ,Hans ! (Hitman gave me the other day,the historical original info for type IIA scopes specifications....both of them ..attack and obs .after these info ,i made both scopes EXACTLY as the type iia's scopes were that time ago)

eh...i am waiting something from you (check you mail at hotmail).i think that this ''water flooding'' have 'get' you for good and.... forgot all other things !!!
Hi mate,

Yes you are right this water flooding is grabbing all my attention sorry if i didn't look at mails the last 2 or 3 days.

I will go read them after and will post the tutorials and Fletcher for reaper.

Sorry guys this is one of my weakness when absorb by a technical challenge i forgot the whole world until i'm done!

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 12:16 PM   #1217
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Darn, was sure you cracked it. Oh well I'm sure a solution is just around the corner.
Best of luck with it, wish I could help - but alas thats all above my head.

Oh and just a reminder, if you get a min to send the Fletcher

Thats great mate, can't wit to see the Final. And good news on the scope front - nothing I like better than 100% authentic
Hi mate,

Rest assure it will work just a matter of hours

Sorry again for the file i was so absorb yesterday with the flooding

Best regards Hans

Old 04-22-11, 12:27 PM   #1218
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate,

Rest assure it will work just a matter of hours

Best regards Hans

No worries. Oh and I prefer a bit of flooding - so we don't mind that you get absorbed in that
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 12:45 PM   #1219
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
No worries. Oh and I prefer a bit of flooding - so we don't mind that you get absorbed in that
Hi mate,

Thank for your patience and the good news is that i am getting familiar with the statemachines controller and the more i see is giving me a sea of new features for our mod.

With this it is even possible to have crew on deck to insert flak gun in canister mount before diving

Best regards Hans

Old 04-22-11, 12:47 PM   #1220
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Hi mate,

Thank for your patience and the good news is that i am getting familiar with the statemachines controller and the more i see is giving me a sea of new features for our mod.

With this it is even possible to have crew on deck to insert flak gun in canister mount before diving

Best regards Hans
Then not getting flooding working straight away will turn out to be a good thing for all of us
Old 04-22-11, 02:53 PM   #1221
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
You might want to try sponges for that...

That way you can work on the file without having to bail the boat!
Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 07:32 PM   #1222
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

The calm before the storm...

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 07:11 AM   #1223
reaper7
sim2reality

Default SH5 RAOBF

Well I got bored this weekend so while working on my UI for SH5, I remade my RAOBF based on my previous one.
I've sent it to Makman also that he can Incude it with his WIP UI for U-Boot_HAHD as an alternative addon version to his own excellent RAOBF.

Old 04-24-11, 06:43 PM   #1224
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
ok Hans...i will show you and to all comrades the compasses (small and big one ) of the gui :

basic images for the compass are made by Hitman and reworked by me .notice the brown pointer (at big compass) ,this pointer is controlable by the player and is showing the relative to north bearings . at small compass this 'pointer' is the red triangle (but ,at small compass this pointer is not controlable by player,it is linked directly to scope's bearing for showing directly the relative to north bearings)

big compass (at the right is showing the real vesikko's compass):

small compass:

First off my hats to you guys and the starter Hans. Joined up for support of this effort!!

I love the fact that Hans starts off with a sub that I love and that is not one of the stars of this era.When I watch the videos I am struck by enlightment of how good SH3 could be.And he works on the wake of the boats.....my favorite past time is watching the boats in the waterPlaying a game on a pc screen is highly enhanced immersion wise when things fit together like a glove.

Makman94,I love your Magui mod and the first thing I thought when I read that your working on the HAHD GUI was that a wood base would work(wood blends well with metal).Then I see your pics and I am happy.Just a suggestion for you if I may.In Magui you have to click the button to bring up the boat control dials.Is there anyway that you can make it so that all you have to do is put mouse over to the area they are at to bring each one up separately?

Carry on HAHD team
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 05:27 PM   #1225
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Just wanna say that I know how hard it is to make a mod.I was in past modding the game Stalker and I would always give up from shear frustration that I could never make what I wanted.It takes high patience level to mod but most importantly it takes talent and I tried to my best but just didn't cut it.So hats off to you modders and we should all be grateful we have people with such tremendous talent working on SH3. ~!S~

I first post above so that the authors know I mean no ill feelings by criticizing their work.Now onto my question.Today I watched a video by Stoianm doing a walkthru of Trevally's RAOBF guide.When I went to try what I learned in SH3 I found that the MAGUI scope doesn't have a scale thats really useable to use the RAOFB that is implemented into it.Could be I am missing something?Makman is there a chance you could make the straight line cross centered in scope screen to have tick marks?
Old 04-25-11, 06:23 PM   #1226
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
Water currents such as Gulf Stream
Uhmmm....I think it is impossible in SH3...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 01:29 AM   #1227
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Just wanna say that I know how hard it is to make a mod.I was in past modding the game Stalker and I would always give up from shear frustration that I could never make what I wanted.It takes high patience level to mod but most importantly it takes talent and I tried to my best but just didn't cut it.So hats off to you modders and we should all be grateful we have people with such tremendous talent working on SH3. ~!S~

I first post above so that the authors know I mean no ill feelings by criticizing their work.Now onto my question.Today I watched a video by Stoianm doing a walkthru of Trevally's RAOBF guide.When I went to try what I learned in SH3 I found that the MAGUI scope doesn't have a scale thats really useable to use the RAOFB that is implemented into it.Could be I am missing something?Makman is there a chance you could make the straight line cross centered in scope screen to have tick marks?
Cheers Mate, its what we enjoy doing - almost more so than playing .

Regarding the RAOBF, the one in SH5 that Trevally is using is based of the one in SH3. The scale is different but uses the same principle.
As for the HAHD mod when released has a new RAOBF that Makman redid and will include the one above I created as an addon (Both mine and Makmans RAOBF use the same scale like in the pic above) .
The RAOBF Graticules will have tick marks along both center axis showing the degrees also .
Old 04-26-11, 12:46 PM   #1228
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Cheers Mate, its what we enjoy doing - almost more so than playing .

Regarding the RAOBF, the one in SH5 that Trevally is using is based of the one in SH3. The scale is different but uses the same principle.
As for the HAHD mod when released has a new RAOBF that Makman redid and will include the one above I created as an addon (Both mine and Makmans RAOBF use the same scale like in the pic above) .
The RAOBF Graticules will have tick marks along both center axis showing the degrees also .
I know what you mean about modding more than playing.I never finished playing Stalker.I would reach a new level and decide something else needed to be changed and on and on.Thankfully even stock SH3 is good enough and you can play it just fine.Stalker with its walk up to enemies and unload a clip into them just finished it for me and started me modding.Then I found with my new highly accurate and realistic weapons that going Rambo against 10 soldiers is not realistic.

Thats great that the RAOBF will have tick marks to use and that we have two choices in RAOFB.

Still waiting for the info you would send me.
Old 04-26-11, 03:57 PM   #1229
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Hi shipmates,

I caught a naughty virus and i was sick for a week thing are getting better and will resumed work today or tomorrow sorry for the long silence,

I was just browsing the net last night and i found a nice script to export animation frames automatically so this is great news for us in team so i will upload it on our file server

I already used it on a fishnet i made for the small fishing boat so you see the fishnet moving with the wind it is only 50 frames and the effect is really looking good.

Also i made for you all kind of templates for the ships texturing process like doors, windows, rope, ladder and all sort of thing you can see on ships.

Will upload everything so you can finally go forward with your work.

Best regards Hans

Old 04-26-11, 04:03 PM   #1230
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I caught a naughty virus and i was sick for a week thing are getting better and will resumed work today or tomorrow sorry for the long silence,

Good to hear you're on the upswing, hope you're feeling better soon!
Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote