SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-17, 11:03 AM   #1
PapaSmurf
Bosun

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0
Default Does anyone know of a weather fix?

I am running SH3 from Steam and GWX3 along with other various mods. This constant terrible, unhuntable weather is starting to ruin the game for me. I have been on this patrol for 9 days. The first 6 days the weather was moderate to zero visibility with winds of 15km/hr. Then it got better and was great visibility with winds of 0km/hr. That weather lasted all of 7 hours and while I was tracking a sound contact, as I was looking through the binoculars trying to get an eyeball on it, through the binoculars the weather immediately changed back to zero visibility and winds of 15km/hr. After only 7 hours of good weather!!! It has been so bad lately that I have actually gotten so disgusted with the never ending unhuntable weather that I just ended the patrol. I am running RealWeatherFix Mod but I don't see any difference. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I actually like the chance of terrible weather setting in and messing up an attack as it adds to the reality of things. But I literally have been having unbearable weather for probably 75 to 80% of the patrols. It's driving me mad and ruining my enjoyment of the game. If anyone has a fix of any type please help me, I'm begging you!!!!!!!!!
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-17, 11:37 AM   #2
allievo
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I use Manos Environment Pro made by Makman94. It is a 20km environment mod which makes heavy fog conditions more suitable for hunting: even in poor visibility your crew can sight units from a distance of 1.5 - 2 km, well above minimal torpedo firing range.

You can download its latest version from here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229333

I have an other mod, Realism- and gameplay-related hardcode fixes for sh3.exe by h.sie. Among many other useful features, it includes a bad weather fix which consists of two counters, one for the stormy sea and the other for the foggy weather. If either of these counters reach a certain value - which could be adjusted by the player at his discretion - the fix forces a reduction of wind speed and/or clouds and thus also fog.
Of course there's no guarantee that you'll never encounter days or even weeks of stormy and foggy weather but at least with this mod it won't stick at those atrocious conditions and stay for the entire patrol.

You can download it from here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225
Old 04-20-17, 12:21 PM   #3
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...52&postcount=8

Old 04-20-17, 09:16 PM   #4
PapaSmurf
Bosun

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

Thanks guys! I downloaded the game patch suggested by allievo and it worked great! And on a side note, this patch does a LOT of things besides fix the weather bug. This is a very interesting download for all of the possibilities it gives you.
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote