Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-24-23, 07:13 PM   #1
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
How the Americna way of life makes peope fat and lets them die younger, in a nutshell. What the author misses in his list is the relevance of sugar, sweeteners, fructose and glucose, soft drinks, and HFCR (high fructose corn syrup, the worst of all sweet stuff).

https://www.nzz.ch/international/fet...&_x_tr_sl=auto
One thing about inflation is that it may actually help the American diet. To counter rising prices and help keep them stable companies started shrinking (shrink-flation) the amount of food per serving.

My nephew travels to Europe extensively he told me your food servings at restaurants and stores are normally much smaller than we are served over here. But thanks to inflation we’re getting closer

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-23, 09:12 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
One thing about inflation is that it may actually help the American diet. To counter rising prices and help keep them stable companies started shrinking (shrink-flation) the amount of food per serving.
No, it is quite established knowledge that the diet is worse in nutritional value when being poor. You cannot afford better foods then, the crap food is the affordable, cheap food. Also, low income correlates with low education and thus lacking understanding what healthy and what lousy food is. That is the case in every global society where Western food habits have arrived, and you also see it in people who were raised healthily outside the West and then migrated into the West. Especially well-documented is the link between a rise in Western civilizational desease in Japanese who first migrate from Japan (very healthy) to Hawai, and then to the continental US . Certain types of cardiovascular and cancer deaseases they have not or almost not when they were in Japan. After some years in the West, their illness rates have started to rise and reach the same average like the native American population. Further in-depth research has been done on the effects of low versus high carb diet in the West and Asian countries, and in case of Japan the impact of high consumation of "plant oil (West) versus high consummation of fish-and maritime food related fats (Japan) while avoiding plant oil, and then again more research was done related to high iodine intake (Japan) and deficitary iodine intake (America).

Modern Western industrially high-processed food simply is garbage that gets dumped not into the bin where it belongs, but people'S stomach, where it certainly does not belong. People may be well- (in fact over-) supplied with carbohydrates, but are in deficitary supply of nutrients and in oversupply of toxic food components, namely not fat, but sugar/carbohydrates.

And although there is no real consensus what exactly defines so-called mediterranean diet which is considered to be very healthy and is associated with low rates of cardiovascular deseases and diabetes and high age, all the variations of definitions have some things in common, amognst them beign avoiding sugars and too much carbohydrates (pasta, bread), consuming much olive oil and maritime food, fish, only few (sweet) fruits but plenty of vegetables. Also, avoiding industrial plant oils. I see the value of it more in what it avoids than what it suggests to eat.

My biggest points to consider, are these:
- plenty of Omega 3- oil and reducing every practically available source of Omega-6, which exlcudes all plant oils, and I mean avoiding them ALL. You still will consume some Omega.6, and if it is some, then it is oka,y becasue some Omega-6 we essntially need for sure. Just not in relations ot Omega 3 exceeding a ration of 3:1 or so. Most Westsern people have ratios in the range form 15:1 to 35-50:1...!!! That is like rust in your health. It corrodes you.
- controlling carbohydrates - you simply do not really need any, they are not essential. You can live perfectly healthy without any carbohydrates at all. The body just rpefers them for quiock energy-making, but you can as well gain energy from keton-bodies the body makes form good fats. You can healthily live without sugars. But not without fats.
- healthy fats instead: organic butter, organic gee, MCT oils and coconut oi, olive oil extra vergine and of good quality, fishoil, organically raised animal fats.
- not turning vegan and not even vegetarian, but keeping meat consummation modest. Non-red meat preferred, but must not be completely avoided.
- plenty of fish and sea fruit.
- cutting down on everything sweet. I know its hard to avoid chocolate and the likes completely, but at last: cut it down in quantity. I do not avoid it completely, but I have really cut down on it.
- NO SNACKS, at leasts dramatically cut down on sweets.
- Bread not every day, alcohol not every day. If wheat bread, then bread with long dough rising time, else soar dough bread.
- see what it does for you to avoid wheat. Human digestion simply is not amde to digest wheat and related seeds, period. There is no way around this finding. Humans simply are not made to digest ATI, it ALWAYS causes inflammation, in EVERYBODY. A healthy person must not realise it, a weakened person will. Ilove self_baked pizza and bread. But I have reduced it. Bread only every third or forth day. And then either pizza or bread, not both. I also cut down on pasta, which I also love. Hirs eis a new star in my food scheme, and I really like it, its not just duty, but I enjoy it.
- NO SMOKING. Nicotine and added chemical agents NEVER do any good for you. Never.
- Vegetable, fresh.
- Avoid industrially processed convenience food, at least cut down on it in quantity.
- Cut down on cow milk products. I liked pure milk, but for drinking it pure I do not get it anymore, only for purpose-bound use when cooking.
- Avoid milk-replacement drinks.
- Avoid non-fermented soy. The topic is a battleground currently, I know I know - but I have chosen my side against soy. I only do use soy sauce, and would consider fermented soy. And I do no like Miso or Natto, so I do not eat soy at all anymore.
- AVOID "LIGHT" products, and fat reduced products. Its not only nonsense but even counterproductive. And it tastes less. Better watch out for good fat quality in your food. DO NOT AVOID FAT, BUT SORT FATS AND OILS, eat the good ones without bad consience, do away the bad ones. You can loose weight while eatiung good fats, you must not avoid them. You get fat and obese from carbohydrates, not so much from fat. Of course, everything can be exaggerated, even fats, so use your brain a bit - you have it for a purpose.
- NO SOFT DRINKS, no cereals flakes, corn syrups, any stuff of that categories.
- do supplement, learn about it.
- Drink enough water, but ignore calls to exessively drink. Only elderly people and small children have no reliable feeling for thirst and best drink "according to time table".
- Do not exaggerate it with protein. Not avoid it, but not pushing it either.
- Steroids and such things for "sporty people" are NOT considered food supplements! Vitamines and minerals and essential trace elements are.
- Get enough sleep.
- Enjoy life.
- Keep sorrow and anger at bay.
- consider intermittend fasting.

You can ignore:
- salt content, its irrelevant and the low-salt-less-cardiovascular probloems thesis simply is wrong, has been proven wrong, and in fatc is one of the worst cases of data and study forging in the histor yof medicine. That still the opposite is claimed by "heallth authorities" and "experts", is a scandal, if not a cirme. There is NO NEED to cut down salt, that is drivel spread since decades, but the long time does not make it less a drivel. Shake that salt shaker as much as you pleases. DO NOT AVOID salt, you damage yourself that way. Eat as much as you like. If you like it a lot, no problem. Sugar is a problem. Too much omega-6 is a problem. Too much carbohydrates is a problem. SALT IS NOT.
- calls to pedantically avoid ANY alcohol. But do you really need it every day, and drink yourself under the table once a week? Modesty is the virtue here. Enjoy. But dont get drunk.
- warnings of coffeine.
- calls for eating more sweetfruits (contains fructose)

There is so much missionising being done now, so much cult that it all gets turned into, so much zealous pedantery and call for self-optimization. To hell with these people. And much of that is again just a new form of money-making. Or is a simpe new mode/vogue.

Practice modesty with consuming the unhealthy things that nevertheless make fun (sweets). Avoiding those that simply accumlate health hazards over the years (Omega-6 fatty acids). Avoiding fanatism (ideologically founded vegetarianism, veganism). Do more of the good stuff: fish, vegetable, Omega-3, salt, good fats, certain supplements.

And a simple, compass: avoid high insuline spikes and also many insuline spikes. Eat less, and eat less often. Dont eat all day long. Try just one or two main meals instead of three meals plus half a dozen snack times.

Do not eat by habit or becasue "it is the time". If you are not hungry or have no appetite, then simply dont eat.

------------

But also this:

If you do not enjoy your life, what use then is in having a long life...?

Have fun, whatever fun means for you as long as it is not at the cost of others. And that relates to eating, enjoying food and taste and accept your appetite. Rejoice.

Modesty for president!

Last edited by Skybird; 01-25-23 at 07:29 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-23, 02:20 AM   #3
Jimbohere
Cadet

Downloads: 0

Quote:
My biggest points to consider, are these:
- plenty of Omega 3- oil and reducing every practically available source of Omega-6, which exlcudes all plant oils, and I mean avoiding them ALL. You still will consume some Omega.6, and if it is some, then it is oka,y becasue some Omega-6 we essntially need for sure. Just not in relations ot Omega 3 exceeding a ration of 3:1 or so. Most Westsern people have ratios in the range form 15:1 to 35-50:1...!!! That is like rust in your health. It corrodes you.
- controlling carbohydrates - you simply do not really need any, they are not essential. You can live perfectly healthy without any carbohydrates at all. The body just rpefers them for quiock energy-making, but you can as well gain energy from keton-bodies the body makes form good fats. You can healthily live without sugars. But not without fats.
- healthy fats instead: organic butter, organic gee, MCT oils and coconut oi, olive oil extra vergine and of good quality, fishoil, organically raised animal fats.
- not turning vegan and not even vegetarian, but keeping meat consummation modest. Non-red meat preferred, but must not be completely avoided.
- plenty of fish and sea fruit.
Completely agree on your list. Fully cutting carbs is not that great though, at least for average Joe. But controlling is necessary: a lot of people have insanely imbalanced diet, something like 70% carbs, 10% protein and 20% fat. As long as you do your ratios right(something like 35% protein, 35% carb, 30% fat) you should be good in general. But people really suck at counting their percentages most of the time and end up overeating on carbs and undereating on protein/fats.
Jimbohere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 09:55 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Carbs should be cut down, but I see zero need to also have them at any minimum of 30 or 35%. Cut them down as much as you wish. If not eating bread every day and have a strict control on sweets, softdrinks and snacking, maybe also cutting down on additons to the warm meal of the da ylike pasdta, potatoes, rice, then that alreeady would be very good. No harm in havign all energy comign from fat only, none from carbs. It sjust that a zero carb reigme is hard to sustain, you have to give up too many tasty temptations. That's what made me leaving pretty keto-based status after one and a half year. Result was that I gained 3-4 kilos again, after having lost 15 kg before.

But dont eat often, stop eatign if you are not hungry anymore, do not eat by habit or according to timetable. Do not eat all day long, meals and snacks counted. I uusally cut it to two eatig n time sa day, a ver yloight breakfast at nooon, and a warm mela in early evening. Any desire for chocolate I cramp into the hours near these two time points, so that I have slightly higher insuline on these times, but only two insuline spikes over the day. If there were just one rule allowed , the n nti would be: eat in an insuline-controlling way: Fewer spikes with lower amplitudes. Eat less often. Eat less on the occasion. But do not allow hunger or overwhelming appetite for taste. The first brings you into an emergency metabolic state and you eat less and gain weight nevertheless, the second consumes your longtime compliance until its zero again. Try to cover as much of your energy needs by fats and oils, not by carbs, as your mentality and appetite allows. Do not give in to just every minor desire. And: no treats and rewards, two days starving, rewarding sweet excess on the third. Thats nonsense!
Old 02-01-23, 10:20 AM   #5
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I grew up with following saying

Eat like an emperor in the morning.
Eat like a Prince in the afternoon
Eat like a poor in the evening.

And eat variated from the food pyramid.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 11:33 AM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I grew up with following saying

Eat like an emperor in the morning.
Eat like a Prince in the afternoon
Eat like a poor in the evening.

And eat variated from the food pyramid.

Markus
You better don't.

Especially not that food pyramid, its prioritizing plenty of what is not good at all.

Good: Vegetables. Fish. A little amount of organically raised meat: little, but regularly. The mentioned fats. Eggs. Nuts, seeds. Hirse. Oats. USE SUPPLEMENTS, but not repalkcing food with them, but as a n addiiton: hence the name: supplementation. Get enough salt - plenty, if you like it and feel like it. Drink not less than 1.5l, if you are thirsty and have appetite for it: more. Do not drink according to timetable: listen to myour body, he lest you nwo when he wanst water. If you take lots of salt, drink more accordingly, that simple it is. Not drinking enogun but tkaing lots of salt is potentially unhealthy over time.

Salt is not the problem, it never was. Sugar is the problem.

A very few fruits only (too much fructose on board).

Cut down potatoes, rice, noodles, bread, wheat, rye, barley, transfats, industrially produced fats (margarine, plant seed oils), milk, soy, sugar and sweets, "stuff that has a barcode on it", industrially processed food, fast food, convenient food, softdrinks, glucose and fructose syrups and HFCS.

Diabetes comes from insuline-resistence. Insuline resistence comes from having too many insuline spikes, and too huge such spikes. Diabetes Type 2 in the very most cases CAN BE CURED. Fat does not make you fat. Carbs do, sugars do. Carbs are sugar, sugar is carbs. Carbs and sugar make you fat. Not (good) fat. Inflammatory fatty acids will make you ill over the years: silent inflammations, chronic deseases, problems with the immune system, maybe even cancer. Avoid them (Omega 6).

Cut down on carbs. Eat less often, and not so much, but do not feel hunger or appetite. Don'T snack. Dont eat alld ay long. Dont travel from one snack or meal to the next all day long.

Tip: if you feel a craving for sweets, instead out a big grian of salt in your mouth. The reward mechnism in the brain for sweetness, saltiness and hard drugs are one and the same.

We do not live in the meideval anymore, we do not do that ehjavy pohysiucal work anymore, do not wear ehavy armour and do not work on the field with bvare ahnds all day long. We must not have their ammounts of calories every day. Most of us SIT all day long. Do you fill your car's tank every day by habit, even if not having diorven anyhwere meanwhile? Gasoline spills over every time, sooner or later your place goes up in flames.

My sins are three: again too many snacks (I love good chocolate and nougat), and too little vegetable, probably too little exercising. The price I pay: after having dropped from 92 to 77kg and staying there for one year, I then got weak again and was less strict, I paid the price and gained 4-5 kg over one year again. This comes from that. It sucks, but thats how it is. I jmkust not have illusions or excuses, I knwo what is happenign and why.

Like a smoker.
Old 02-02-23, 07:58 AM   #7
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
You better don't.

Especially not that food pyramid, its prioritizing plenty of what is not good at all.

Good: Vegetables. Fish. A little amount of organically raised meat: little, but regularly. The mentioned fats. Eggs. Nuts, seeds. Hirse. Oats. USE SUPPLEMENTS, but not repalkcing food with them, but as a n addiiton: hence the name: supplementation. Get enough salt - plenty, if you like it and feel like it. Drink not less than 1.5l, if you are thirsty and have appetite for it: more. Do not drink according to timetable: listen to myour body, he lest you nwo when he wanst water. If you take lots of salt, drink more accordingly, that simple it is. Not drinking enogun but tkaing lots of salt is potentially unhealthy over time.

Salt is not the problem, it never was. Sugar is the problem.

A very few fruits only (too much fructose on board).

Cut down potatoes, rice, noodles, bread, wheat, rye, barley, transfats, industrially produced fats (margarine, plant seed oils), milk, soy, sugar and sweets, "stuff that has a barcode on it", industrially processed food, fast food, convenient food, softdrinks, glucose and fructose syrups and HFCS.

Diabetes comes from insuline-resistence. Insuline resistence comes from having too many insuline spikes, and too huge such spikes. Diabetes Type 2 in the very most cases CAN BE CURED. Fat does not make you fat. Carbs do, sugars do. Carbs are sugar, sugar is carbs. Carbs and sugar make you fat. Not (good) fat. Inflammatory fatty acids will make you ill over the years: silent inflammations, chronic deseases, problems with the immune system, maybe even cancer. Avoid them (Omega 6).

Cut down on carbs. Eat less often, and not so much, but do not feel hunger or appetite. Don'T snack. Dont eat alld ay long. Dont travel from one snack or meal to the next all day long.

Tip: if you feel a craving for sweets, instead out a big grian of salt in your mouth. The reward mechnism in the brain for sweetness, saltiness and hard drugs are one and the same.

We do not live in the meideval anymore, we do not do that ehjavy pohysiucal work anymore, do not wear ehavy armour and do not work on the field with bvare ahnds all day long. We must not have their ammounts of calories every day. Most of us SIT all day long. Do you fill your car's tank every day by habit, even if not having diorven anyhwere meanwhile? Gasoline spills over every time, sooner or later your place goes up in flames.

My sins are three: again too many snacks (I love good chocolate and nougat), and too little vegetable, probably too little exercising. The price I pay: after having dropped from 92 to 77kg and staying there for one year, I then got weak again and was less strict, I paid the price and gained 4-5 kg over one year again. This comes from that. It sucks, but thats how it is. I jmkust not have illusions or excuses, I knwo what is happenign and why.

Like a smoker.
Try curry, you seldom see a fat Indian

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote