SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-16, 03:43 PM   #1246
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Possibly but hard to say really because as you rightly pointed out there were already a few decent strikers at the club.

Quote:
Newcastle are close to adding Palermo left-back Achraf Lazaar to the Saturday signing of striker Daryl Murphy, according to a report.

Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy revealed on Saturday evening that Murphy handed in a transfer request earlier in the day and will complete a switch to the Championship big hitters.
http://www.footballinsider247.com/ne...gning-lazaar/?

Lazaar was in the stands for todays match and Murphy will probably conclude the transfer business for this time round.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...yers-11810261?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 11:45 AM   #1247
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Well, looks as though Sissoko is off to somewhere, Spurs?

Not sure why Spurs want him, or more to the point, who will sit to get him games. I suppose Ali's always a moment of madness from a red, and Eriksen is enigmatic and inconsistent. But they bought Wanyama, have Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Ali. Maybe they want to fill their Chadli-sized hole on the bench?

The real shocker for me is the Luiz to Chelsea move. Seriously? Is Miazga so raw that he couldn't have been a 4th option at center-half?
Old 08-31-16, 01:23 PM   #1248
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Spurs won't meet the asking price of £30 million so the deal looks dead (reminds me of Levy doing the same thing when we were after Townshend).

Everton are currently the only club showing an interest.

I hope the lazy traitor does leave.

Old 08-31-16, 01:49 PM   #1249
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Spurs won't meet the asking price of £30 million so the deal looks dead (reminds me of Levy doing the same thing when we were after Townshend).
Yes, but Newcastle could drop that price. Unless they want Sissoko on the books on Premier League wages, all the while looking sullen and disinterested.

Everton seems a better fit for Sissoko anyway, but 30 million?

Lots of moves on deadline day.
Old 09-01-16, 07:16 AM   #1250
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Nope, no drop in price and after Spurs (Levy) withdrew the offer, Everton quickly stepped in and matched the asking price and the players personal terms forcing Levy to 'blink' first and quickly matching what Everton had offered.

Spurs can offer what Sissoko craves (Champions League football), not that they'll win it like.

So, in the end, £30 million for a player that cost a little under £2 million and of a character that he is prone to losing interest in the hand that feeds him isn't bad business, especially for the TOON.

Mike Ashley won the latest (second game of bluff with Levy) but no doubt there will be more games in the future.

I'll wait and see how long it is before Sissoko becomes disenchanted at Spurs.

Old 09-01-16, 07:55 AM   #1251
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Unbelievable. As crazy as the transfer window is, with all of these fantastic sums being thrown around, it is highly entertaining. And I'm always a bit sad when it closes.

Newcastle's sale of Sissoko is a masterstroke, and you have to hand it to Ashley (I know right?). To get that much for him is astonishing, although I suppose this sort of thing shouldn't surprise any more.

The £30m deal matches the fee Spurs paid Roma for Erik Lamela in summer 2013 and is the highest-ever fee involving a Championship club. And that's for a player that likely won't be first choice, and in a position they really didn't need to strengthen in my opinion. But it adds quality depth. When he's up for it anyway.

So many interesting moves yesterday. Wilshere, Hart, Luiz and on and on.

I'm a Liverpool supporter, and of course they had a poor window. Sane looks the business, but the failure to bring in a left back will reverberate at least until January. Milner's no left back.

Sunderland didn't buy a striker and I like to think that lot has just given up. You know who had a surprisingly good window and I tip to stay up? Boro. They aren't going about things like a promoted side.

The funniest moment for me was Schweinsteiger saying that staying at United was his 'dream'. Haha.
Old 09-01-16, 08:11 AM   #1252
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Liverpool huh? Many thanks for the money you gave us for Carroll

Old 09-01-16, 08:23 AM   #1253
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

My pleasure, he only cost 5 million per goal. When you look at it that way it doesn't, err, well yes it does, doesn't it? Not our shining moment. But at least we also got Suarez in that window and he's been banging 'em in ever since hasn't he? For who, you say? Oh yeah, that's quite right. Hmmm, ok we'll call it a draw.
Old 09-01-16, 11:21 AM   #1254
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

When you receive £62million for Janmaat, Wijnaldum and Sissoko.

Old 09-02-16, 11:00 AM   #1255
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Just one of the lads.

Add that sum to the parachute payments and things are looking up around the Sports Direct Arena at St James Park presented by Wonga.com.

Now, to engineer a return to the top flight. If they can bounce right back up all's well. If they don't this season, then it becomes much more difficult. I like your chances though.
Old 09-02-16, 01:17 PM   #1256
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

So much depends on Rafa but the club must take the position they are in with all seriousness less they remain in the Championship as long as Middlesbrough did....best I don't mention Leeds.

Old 09-04-16, 02:47 PM   #1257
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Piss poor England struggled to beat Slovakia 1-0 even after captain Martin Skrtel was sent off in the 57th-minute, A goal from Lallana (90'+5minutes) sealed a win for these over paid useless pillocks against a 10 man team of no hopers.
Quote:
Allardyce claimed before the game that he might be satisfied with a draw against a Slovakian side who shut England out in a 0-0 group-stage draw at Euro 2016.
England's opening match under Allardyce was greeted with cries of "same old same old" from social media observers - and even those of us watching from close quarters in Trnava would have trouble making a case to the contrary.
Nothing's changed then, same old rubbish from the same rubbish players.
Old 09-04-16, 02:50 PM   #1258
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Piss poor England struggled to beat Slovakia 1-0 even after captain Martin Skrtel was sent off in the 57th-minute, A goal from Lallana (90'+5minutes) sealed a win for these over paid useless pillocks against a 10 man team of no hopers.
Nothing's changed then, same old rubbish from the same rubbish players.
Rgr that and just as I expected, especially when I saw Allardyce appointed

Old 09-13-16, 10:16 AM   #1259
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well, the mackems got tanked 3-0 off Everton last night, cementing them to second bottom

Newcastle, lie second in their league after winning the last five games. hopefully they can make that six away to QPR tonight

Old 09-13-16, 10:43 AM   #1260
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Sunderland to be relegated next season could be worth a punt, and I'll include them in a x bet and double with Newcastle to be promoted.

Hmmm I wonder what price they are, Sunderland 5/2 is the overall average and Newcastle is 8/13, its worth a £20 for a bit of fun me thinks.
I can't see Moyes digging Sunderland out of that deep hole they're in, my £20 cross bet and double is looking good.

Tags
british football