SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-13, 03:53 PM   #1081
Skyworm
Watch

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Cheers Gentlemen,

I hope my question is in the right place here.

I'm playing Sh4 1.5 with RFB 2.0.
Right my first mission is to delivers ome cargo to a secret location to support allied troops. Well now, I'm as close to that location as possible (I even rammed my boat into the strand), but I don't get any chance to deliver my cargo.
I think this should be somewhat similar to the mission "deliver agent" in the stock game, or am I completely wrong? Do I miss something?

Thanks, Skyworm
Skyworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 10:24 PM   #1082
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyworm View Post
I think this should be somewhat similar to the mission "deliver agent" in the stock game, or am I completely wrong? Do I miss something?
As far as I know, you are right, but I never get special missions, so I can't say for sure. Someone will give us the straight scoop.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 02:57 AM   #1083
Skyworm
Watch

Cheers mate,

and thank you for the fast answer.
In the meantime, I restarted that career, and this time I got a "deliver special forces"-mission.
This one worked, but again I had to move extremely close to shore - short before grounding my boat, and the marines could have jumped right from deck to shore without even using their boat - to deliver them.
I remember this has been different in stock game, and I just wonder if this is a feature or just bad luck.

Thanks again.
Old 10-11-13, 09:19 AM   #1084
ZAGOR64BZ
Mate

Downloads: 231

Used to have same issue, but then I find out that if I went on the deck, where the UZO is, they launch much further.I don't know if that was intentional, but worked.Try it out mate!
ZAGOR64BZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 11:28 AM   #1085
mariksio30
Watch

Downloads: 355

Is this OK?

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaull_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
TMO_Aft_deckguns
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
1.5_Optical tARGETING cORRECTION 031312 for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC for 16 to 9 Aspect Ratio RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502
Improved Stock Enviroment_v3_TMO&RFB
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRDC
NMMO Airbase Add-on
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
RSRDC_TMO_Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start
mariksio30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 11:32 AM   #1086
Skyworm
Watch

Hello,

and thanks.

Just tried this mission again by loading an old savegame, and you are right. When I was on deck and stopped engines, I was able to dispatch them at nearly 2000 yards from destination.
But I am pretty sure this did not work with that cargo delivering.
Old 10-12-13, 05:18 AM   #1087
ZAGOR64BZ
Mate

Downloads: 231

Well, until you try it, you wouldn't know,right? Cheers mate!
ZAGOR64BZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 10:04 AM   #1088
Skyworm
Watch

True enough.

I just tried that one again.
I surfaced a few hundred yards from destination, and stopped engines.
Immediately after, the cargo was unloaded ...

And no, I don't have the foggiest idea why it did not happen through hours of trying before ...

Nonetheless, great thanks to all!
Old 10-26-13, 11:53 AM   #1089
bandit484
Medic

Downloads: 523
SHO Authentic Feeling

This mod is awesome! It gives the player a truely Authentic Feeling of being there . You have to think about your actions before you carry them out. Great job on the mods guys!!!
bandit484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 03:07 PM   #1090
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

So, here's a question for the users.

For those that don't remember, I took over the mod from Beery and was active until about 2009, when real life got in the way and I handed it over to LukeFF.

Noticed development has not gone on since 2010. Thinking about doing some small fixes for the mod.

Here's a list.
1. Damage mods for surface ships were never finished. What would you think about pulling out the damage mods and going back to 1.52 damage until someone is willing to work with getting them all updated? THis basically would give a more consistent sinking across the board.

2. Environment mod. 2 options.
Import latest environment mod and ensure sensors and lookouts function properly? Or- my preference, set up sensors and lookouts to work with the latest mod and make it a required to play correctly mod? I like the 2nd option better as it allows the environment to be updated and still used w/o rolling it into RFB.

3. Fix bugs where possible. I say this because I don't have the skills LukeFF and some of the other contributors had, so there are some things that are beyond my ken.

I have to play under the mod for a while to get a better feel, so this will not happen immediately.

Plus the group of contributors working on it drifted apart and I don't know who'd be willing to put any more time into this.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 04:09 PM   #1091
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw View Post

For those that don't remember, I took over the mod from Beery and was active until about 2009, when real life got in the way and I handed it over to LukeFF.

Noticed development has not gone on since 2010. Thinking about doing some small fixes for the mod.

Here's a list.
1. Damage mods for surface ships were never finished. What would you think about pulling out the damage mods and going back to 1.52 damage until someone is willing to work with getting them all updated? THis basically would give a more consistent sinking across the board.

2. Environment mod. 2 options.
Import latest environment mod and ensure sensors and lookouts function properly? Or- my preference, set up sensors and lookouts to work with the latest mod and make it a required to play correctly mod? I like the 2nd option better as it allows the environment to be updated and still used w/o rolling it into RFB.
Hi SWDW, great to see you thinking about this again! On Option 2 and the 2nd option, I am curious, do you think the horizon would change then?

I wish I had more skills to offer.

Happy Hunting!
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 08:47 PM   #1092
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

I for one would welcome any improvements on this mod. It is a real shame that work has pretty much ceased since the RFB Team went their separate ways. I've used RFB since the Beery days, and haven't tried anything since. Thanks SWDW for your ideas and interest I am sorry for the fact that I totally forgot your involvement in the mod after Beery Looking forwards to anything you have to offer.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 10:48 PM   #1093
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I would welcome any additions/updates/improvements to RFB, as well. It is good to see some renewed interest in this.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-13, 06:09 AM   #1094
Dread Knot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw View Post

That would be great. This mod has sort of fallen into the shadows of other mods as of late.
Dread Knot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-13, 02:50 PM   #1095
napoleown
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

thanks for the great mod!