SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-25-10, 02:43 PM   #1
CherryHarbey
Engineer

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

you should be able to open it with the Notepad application in your Accessories folder

welcome aboard
CherryHarbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 09:45 AM   #2
Colditz
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

thanks for all
Colditz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 01:22 PM   #3
Depth Charger
Sailor man

Downloads: 205
Thanks!

Evening

I downloaded SH2 onto my netbook a few months back and I think that you will all understand what has happened to me since then as I began to play it more and more...

In fact, I loved it so much that I ordered a really nice PC to run SH5 on, which arrived this morning...

But I then read the forums and I felt that SH3/GWX etc = no brainer and decided to go that route instead and will watch SH5 for later. (After a few months on SH2 - you can only imagine my sheer desperation for a proper campaigne and a career to follow with port departures and promotions not to mention that gramaphone!)

So today - I downloaded what appears to be a DRM free version of SH3. I then followed all advice and instructions in this and the other forums to add all the usual mods and I thought that you would like to know that I dont need any help at this juncture. None at all...

In fact, it is all working perfectly and I put to sea a few hours ago and am currently heading into the North Sea on my first patrol.

I cannot begin to thank all of you for all that you have done here. I am an experienced simmer and played flightsim many years ago and I am pleased to say that I am also quite impressed with all the goodies that I am finding on your guys site! SH is clearly supported by a dedicated and professional user community that encompasses some excellent skills - All I can say is "Wow!"

Lastly, please forgive me if I dont respond to any replies for a short while but as you can imagine, I am headed into a very very long and eventful evening. In fact, I seriously doubt that I will get to bed before tomorrow night. Ah cool!

Thanks again and a small donation to Subsim will follow shortly. It's the very least that I can do.

Depth Charger

PS - Phere is in fact one place I could use a bit of help please - How do you attach a tag line to your posts? Einstein once said that genius had its limits, but that stupidity knew no such boundires...
Depth Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 01:43 PM   #4
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Welcome aboard! Glad you are enjoying the game and getting what help you need from what's available here.

To add a signature (tag line) to your posts, click on User CP at the far left of the nav bar above where all the posts are on this or any other thread page.

When you get to the User CP (Control Panel), you'll see a section running down the left of the page under Your Control Panel.

Look under Settings & Options and click on Edit Signature, then you can create a signature that will appear at the bottom of all your posts.

FYI, really huge pictures and seizure-inducing animated gifs are generally discouraged, and you should follow the basic forum standards for your sig as well as your posts... but if you can see all the other signatures that our members use you'll have some idea of what's acceptable.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 06:51 PM   #5
Depth Charger
Sailor man

Downloads: 205
thanks

Thanks for the help. Here to grab some engine sounds quickly and then headed straight back in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Welcome aboard! Glad you are enjoying the game and getting what help you need from what's available here.

To add a signature (tag line) to your posts, click on User CP at the far left of the nav bar above where all the posts are on this or any other thread page.

When you get to the User CP (Control Panel), you'll see a section running down the left of the page under Your Control Panel.

Look under Settings & Options and click on Edit Signature, then you can create a signature that will appear at the bottom of all your posts.

FYI, really huge pictures and seizure-inducing animated gifs are generally discouraged, and you should follow the basic forum standards for your sig as well as your posts... but if you can see all the other signatures that our members use you'll have some idea of what's acceptable.
Depth Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-11, 07:40 PM   #6
Bakkels
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depth Charger View Post
Thanks for the help. Here to grab some engine sounds quickly and then headed straight back in!

Lol, don't forget to eat or sleep once in a while
But your enthousiasm is refreshing.
Btw, I've been playing flight sim too a couple of years back, but that learning curve was just to steep for me. I didn't have the time for that unfortunately, because it's a really beautiful game, and as far as sim-realism goes the #1 sim for me.
Sh3 compared to that is a little more arcade-like (easy people, don't flame me, just a little more ) but sh3 has something Flight Simulator never had IMO and that is atmosphere. I can't really explain, but let me put it like this; flight sim gives you the most realistic simulator, sh3 gives you the most realistic feeling. As someone else put it here somewhere; sh3 has got soul!
Bakkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-11, 10:50 AM   #7
Wildskill
Swabbie

Downloads: 49

1943- I found big fat convoy grid FE or something.So if i tag it and transmit information will i be joined by other submarines (GWX with some other mods)or to strike alone?

U-33.
Wildskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 09:19 AM   #8
ruskivear
Nub

Downloads: 82
Default :)

Awesome
ruskivear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 09:21 AM   #9
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Welcome to SubSim ruskivear!

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 12:40 PM   #10
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskivear View Post
Awesome
Welcome aboard !!!
Old 08-28-11, 03:14 PM   #11
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskivear View Post
Awesome
Welcome and thanks for post number one!

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 05:45 PM   #12
Jackack
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Default Silent Hunter 3 and Windows Vista 32

I tried installing SH3 but got an error message because of a protection program. Will SH3 run in Vista 32 operating system.
Jackack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 06:39 PM   #13
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackack View Post
I tried installing SH3 but got an error message because of a protection program. Will SH3 run in Vista 32 operating system.
It should, for info specifically relating to Vista see here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=105144

If you have copy of the game that includes Starforce (which I'm assuming is the DRM/protection program that is causing the problem) see here for more info on that:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=160118

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I have no personal experience with either issue. Others here do though so check out those threads and hang in there.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-11, 06:38 AM   #14
SummerStorm
Watch

Downloads: 1

OUt of idle interest anyone have the community manual? I know it is years ago but my old machine could not run SH3 smoothly enough so was stuck on SH2 (not complaining). I like the mild rpg element here and the few fancy tweaks of SH3. Seems to be an improvement SH5 looks atrocious, based on reviews, how dare a crew member not perform an order!
SummerStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-11, 11:50 AM   #15
Raptor
Weps

Downloads: 54

I've got it - or maybe only parts of it - saved as a series of 19 MSWord (.doc) files. The largest file is 296 KB; five are over 100 KB each and the rest are less than 50 KB each

PM me with your email address and I'll try forwarding them to you.