SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-13-10, 03:37 PM   #1
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Default [CC:TLD] Arclight vs. Dowly Grand Campaign

Arclight: Allies
Dowly: Germany

Rules:
-AI on veteran
-30 time limit
-2min warning after all VL's taken
-Morale win on

DAY 1 TURN 1
St. Germaine de Varreville
The first battle was at St. Germaine de Varreville. It was a cluster**** with Arc's game freezing during the deployment phase and my PC running out of memory due FRAPS and crashing the game, so we decided to start over and truce the battle.

St. Marie du Mont
Second battle was 795th Ost/709th INF DIV against 506th RGT/101st AB DIV at St. Marie du Mont. I was horribly outgunned here, the ost troops tend to panic very easily. The main battle of the game was for the control of the church situated in the center of the map. Arclight had deployment zone inside, but still I decided to go with 3 squad assault against it and eventually got the victory location for a brief moment before Arclight killed or captured my troops inside. I had PaK giving support from the south road, which initially kept Arc's soldiers' heads down at the church flag, but lost visual after the first clash. After I lost the church, Arc started to advance from north, I had very little to throw at him at this point so decided to go with an final attempt to assault and gain some ground. That didn't work at all, Arc massacred my boys like there's no tomorrow and soon my morale broke and Arc got major victory on this one.

Aftermath
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 03:46 PM   #2
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Ost troops are horrible. Still, when you get the proper guys in, then Arc won't find it so easy
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 03:47 PM   #3
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Ost troops are horrible. Still, when you get the proper guys in, then Arc won't find it so easy
Aye, got 2 panzer divisions in the rear ready to rumble. Just need to hold Arc back long enough so I can get them to the front.
Old 06-13-10, 03:54 PM   #4
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Aye, got 2 panzer divisions in the rear ready to rumble. Just need to hold Arc back long enough so I can get them to the front.
Let me guess...the Fuhrer has taken a sleeping pill and asked not to be disturbed?

Good luck, both of you.
Old 06-13-10, 03:55 PM   #5
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Let me guess...the Fuhrer has taken a sleeping pill and asked not to be disturbed?
Aye, not answering my calls.
Old 06-13-10, 05:02 PM   #6
Dowly
Lucky Jack

DAY 1 TURN 1

La Fierre Causeway
I had an advantage on this map as I had 3 tanks and 2 guns. On top of that, Arc had pretty crappy deployment zones. (fire directions of my tanks and guns marked)

The first sight of the battle was in the southern sector where we immediately clashed, Arc had his AT gun there so I peppered it with mortar and destroyed it after a few rounds.

In the NW sector, Arclight assaulted southwards and tried to take hold off the church, which he did briefly, until I drove the tank forwards. With the support of the tank (which BTW was immobilised next to the church by something) my infantry got hold of the church, but not without casualties.

Arc still had lots of resistance up there.

On the southern sector, my two tanks had done their job and I started to capture the buildings and the bridge back. Again, not without casualties.

Last remaining pocket of Arc's resistance.

End result

On a side note I must say that Arc is putting up a good fight considering this is his first time playing CC.
Old 06-14-10, 10:02 AM   #7
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

That battle was a slaughter-house.

I'd pretty much given up on the SE in the first minutes. AT gun gone, so wasnt gonna keep the armor of the bridge, and assaulted from the S with half my guys dead before they could reach cover.

In the NW, I flanked E along the N hedgerow, setting up the mortar team that had spent their ammo close to the elongated building, and a platoon HQ just E of them. Morale finally broke when I decided to move them a bit more E and promtly got slaughtered as they took MG and rifle fire from multiple directions.

Next battle there will be interesting; only got that open field to deploy. But I has a plan... it will involve many casualties i'm afraid. Sorry boys.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 11:40 AM   #8
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Use the traditional tactics: Attack! Attack! Attack!

Never fails.

Well, sometimes...
Old 06-14-10, 11:45 AM   #9
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post

Never fails.

Well, sometimes...
Wrong front.
Old 06-14-10, 12:06 PM   #10
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post

I remember playing one of the CC games (can't remember which one) when I was little, I may to look for it again...
Old 06-14-10, 12:16 PM   #11
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Wrong front.
Nonsense, Attaque à outrance works on every front and in every war...sometimes...
Old 06-14-10, 02:36 PM   #12
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

It looks cool, but I think 40 euros is a bit steep for this old title. Nevertheless, I bought it. Never tried it though, so I billed Dowlys credit card just in case.
Old 06-14-10, 02:50 PM   #13
Dowly
Lucky Jack

DAY 1 TURN 1

729th RGT / 709th INF DIV vs 507th RGT / 82nd AB DIV

Amfreville

My main task here was to keep the N to S road from being crossed by Arc. I had two Marder I's to give support to the infantry aswell as two 75mm PaK's. Other than that, my lines were pretty thin and counter-attacking wasn't an option.

I started the game by trying to move my MG42 squad down in the S sector to a better position to the next house, so I could see the intersection better. Unfortunately, Arc had his troops inside the houses in the intersection, so I had to pull back with tremendous casualties (after the battle only one soldier from the squad was in condition to fight).

He also got my PaK which was pounding the buildings, damned mortar!

With my S sector Marder pinned down, I moved my other Marder from N to try and flush Arc's boys out of the buildings, not succeeding in it.

Things calmed down in S, just to heat up up N. Arc moved his troops towards W thru the buildings N of the church. I tried to counter with my Marder which fell victim to Arc's bazooka team. The Marder was supposed to support the Grenadier's assault to take the church, but with it gone, my Grenadiers suffered quite heavily during the assault. I did get the church and held it until the end.

My flanking team in NE was spotted by Arc and after a brief firefight, we called it a draw and pulled our boys back.

With few minutes remaining, Arc crossed the intersection and attacked the N buildings, just to be repelled by the Grenadier squad and the Marder.

At the same time, I moved my center troops towards S to gain some more ground for the next turn.

End Result

And comment from the other side
Old 06-14-10, 03:03 PM   #14
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

That last move on my right flank; thought I got you pretty good, even got some guys as they moved back S, but judging from that debrief it didn't do much. Also, at the start I started tossing mortar fire as you moved between the buildings, again thinking I did some damage.

Can be hard to judge what one accomplishes.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 03:07 PM   #15
Dowly
Lucky Jack

You got few guys from the MG42 team when we started to shoot at each other.