SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-03-10, 11:40 AM   #856
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
then you have to record it, save it as ogg with the same length as the original...
keltos

It need to be the same length as the original?

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 11:41 AM   #857
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

peabody, have you used the automated campaign editor at all? It's an amazing tool.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=113918
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 11:43 AM   #858
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
It need to be the same length as the original?
I believe it does have to be the same length, as long as its not too long. It's easy enough to try it, just switch two speech files round that are different lengths and see if they still work.

The voice acting thing can all be done on the internet, all you need to do is provide a script, or list of words you want said. The speech synthesiser is a good idea, but will be noticable machine like, but probably better than random bits of background music and woul also make redoing them in the future easier, as the voice won't change.
Old 09-03-10, 11:51 AM   #859
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater View Post
peabody, have you used the automated campaign editor at all? It's an amazing tool.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=113918
No, I haven't, I did see the post but did not get a chance to look at it yet.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 09-03-10, 12:24 PM   #860
tater
Navy Seal

You could, for example, make a layer for allied convoys. Instead of working out everything for each group, just make a group, plot the paths. Do that for 25 convoys.

Run the automated editor with a script that populates each group with ships---randomly, but name, whatever. Have it randomize radius waypoints, randomize cargoes, have it change convoy speed every waypoint, have it zig zag the convoys... Anything.

All you had to do was to place the initial paths. BTW, you can make paths with a few close together waypoints to get out of port, then just a couple to get to the destination, then a few close together to get into port. The editor script can then add all the waypoints in between for any long legs---as many as you like.

It's incredibly powerful. Lurker wrote a script that banged out an entire random campaign in one run of the program.
Old 09-03-10, 12:44 PM   #861
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
You could, for example, make a layer for allied convoys. Instead of working out everything for each group, just make a group, plot the paths. Do that for 25 convoys.

Run the automated editor with a script that populates each group with ships---randomly, but name, whatever. Have it randomize radius waypoints, randomize cargoes, have it change convoy speed every waypoint, have it zig zag the convoys... Anything.

All you had to do was to place the initial paths. BTW, you can make paths with a few close together waypoints to get out of port, then just a couple to get to the destination, then a few close together to get into port. The editor script can then add all the waypoints in between for any long legs---as many as you like.

It's incredibly powerful. Lurker wrote a script that banged out an entire random campaign in one run of the program.
thanks Tater !

@Peabody : when I made the few sounds for our campaign taken from gochin I noticed that they had to be nearly the same length as the original, and some other stuff I don't remember now like mono or stereo etc.. but I never found a program that made them as small as stock : same length in seconds but always heavier in kb...

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-10, 02:24 PM   #862
peabody
Admiral

Quote:

I haven't had a chance to look at it, but don't you need to know Python? Which I don't. It doesn't look to difficult to learn but would take a while. The only ones I have ever worked with were Amiga Basic and Delphi. Delphi was quite easy but a lot of the components were already created.

Maybe if I find time it might be worth it to learn since Blender uses Python also.

Peabody

Old 09-03-10, 02:39 PM   #863
tater
Navy Seal

Understanding the scripting helps a LOT. I was never nearly as good with the editor as lurker is. Still, I could make it do simple things, or alter some scripts that already exist for it. I have some if you want to try.
Old 09-03-10, 02:44 PM   #864
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Understanding the scripting helps a LOT. I was never nearly as good with the editor as lurker is. Still, I could make it do simple things, or alter some scripts that already exist for it. I have some if you want to try.
Sure, I would appreciate it. I'll give it a try. Can't mess up any worse then I am now....

Peabody

Old 09-04-10, 02:04 PM   #865
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Hey Peabody, you upload any vids of the mod yet? If you haven't you should

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 07:00 AM   #866
keltos01
Silent Hunter

from Orita's I-Boat Captain :

Jan 15, 1942
"the previous strategy of sending us against warships was to be discarted.." p. 45

"In April, it was declared formal policy to have our submarines operate chiefly against enemy merchantmen instead of against warships. This was pleasing news to us at submarine school. We thought the anti-merchant effort a much better use of submarines, and kept pointing to Germany as an example." pp. 57-58

keltos

Old 09-11-10, 12:35 AM   #867
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

Our Bow wave brushes aside blossoms
Floating on the bay.......
We have left Summer behind.

Haikyu from a Submarine man's diary

greetings gentlemen, checking in, have been away in Drydock (hospital again) cheeriing you on as always.
Old 09-12-10, 03:50 PM   #868
tater
Navy Seal

Rereading War in the Boats. They were putting into PH in 1942 or early 43, and he describes the defenses. He said during the entire approach there were always at least 15 planes visible in the air at all times, most doing ASW patrol. He said there were around 2 DOZEN patrol craft visible as well.

On more than a few occasions they were bombed at PD, BTW. So I'd assume the US should do the same.
Old 09-12-10, 04:08 PM   #869
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Our Bow wave brushes aside blossoms
Floating on the bay.......
We have left Summer behind.

Haikyu from a Submarine man's diary

greetings gentlemen, checking in, have been away in Drydock (hospital again) cheeriing you on as always.
Hi Adimiral, Sorry to hear about Drydock. Hope thing are looking up for you!. It has sure been a lot longer journey than expected. (mainly due to RL rather than the modding). We are plugging away.
Best wishes!!

Peabody

Old 09-14-10, 03:46 AM   #870
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default Sen Taka Fast Attack Sub

Sen Taka Fast Attack Sub (original 3d model by fair_weather)

Seen from the front

Going to periscope depth the AA guns automatically stow themselves in the hull.

underwater view, guns stowed away.

Surfacing : the guns come out automatically

Sen Taka AA guns stowing in RL

In Rl they would rotate, then lower themselves in a compartment between the outer and the pressure hull, thus allowing for better performance underwater while retaining AA capability (unlike the post-war GUPPYs f.i.)

Ingame it has proven impossible to add the rotation without screwing up the AA guns camera as shown on the anim thread.

We will then use the animation made by Peabody which I think is close enough to RL.

keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 09-14-10 at 04:09 AM.