SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-10, 08:20 PM   #736
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
hows the IJN campaign going? Looking forward to it, hopefully not dead
Some real life almost sank it, but we are back at it, learning as we go. Not dead, just badly banged up. Doctor thinks it will pull through.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 12:46 AM   #737
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Yes, back at it we are, the force is strong with him

USAAF B-17 bomber carries two Republic JB-2 cruise missiles in air-launch test

The German V-1 and the original JB-2 used a very primitive guidance method, in which the pulsejet was stopped after a preset time leading to a dive of the missile on the target. Because this was extremely inaccurate, the USAAF began to test a radio-command guidance in early 1945. The JB-2 was equipped with a radar beacon to facilitate tracking, and a remote control operator could send guidance commands for course corrections and to initialize the terminal dive. While significantly more accurate than the original system, the average error was still 400 m (1/4 mile) at 160 km (100 miles) range under optimal conditions.

http://www.designation-systems.net/d...1/ltv-n-2.html

keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 07-02-10 at 01:00 AM.
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 02:31 AM   #738
andritsos
Gunner

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0
Default im really looking forward

Hi i admire your work. I hope to play it soon, however im a noob and i have some problems with mods,( now im more eager to them in SH5).but In SH3, the edition with protection every time i try to take it out it crashes.I want to ask what is need for this mod when it will be realeased, i have SH4 + cd of Uboats missions?

Plus some info, how many sub types do you think to put ingame? will we have perhaps the I 400( dont care with palne or not) or soemthing else?
In UBoat mission you could ask for support( recon, ships etc) will it be implemented?
In SH3 the anti sub ships and tactics became lot more effective, we will see a gradual hardening of difficulty like in sh3?

really hope this mod is been realeased
andritsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 02:50 AM   #739
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by andritsos View Post
Hi i admire your work. I hope to play it soon, however im a noob and i have some problems with mods,( now im more eager to them in SH5).but In SH3, the edition with protection every time i try to take it out it crashes.I want to ask what is need for this mod when it will be realeased, i have SH4 + cd of Uboats missions?

Plus some info, how many sub types do you think to put ingame? will we have perhaps the I 400( dont care with palne or not) or soemthing else?
In UBoat mission you could ask for support( recon, ships etc) will it be implemented?
In SH3 the anti sub ships and tactics became lot more effective, we will see a gradual hardening of difficulty like in sh3?

really hope this mod is been realeased
Andritsos,

You will need SH4 and the uboat add on which you have.

Right now there are 14 Japanese subs modeled by Keltos. A couple will not make it into the game because they do not have enough range for a Campaign. Most of them need some work done to them, mostly minor things.

The I400 Sen Toku will be there, but we have not decided when. The war ended when it was on its first mission, so it never did anything. I personally like it.

Edit: I didn't answer one question. Yes, there will be recon planes from airbases. Also, if you are using a sub that like the Jyunsen B or the Sen Toku that carries planes, you will be able to use them from your patrol area also.
The ships I am not sure yet. The ships may not be there, they take so long to get to your location, they don't do much good anyway, but I may put them in. I am working on other things right now. Maybe they won't be in the first release.

I am still learning this stuff, I knew nothing about modding when we started this project, so I am doing the best I can with what I know how to do.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 07-02-10 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-02-10, 03:27 AM   #740
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default recon planes from subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
. Yes, there will be recon planes from airbases. Also, if you are using a sub that like the Jyunsen B or the Sen Toku that carries planes, you will be able to use them from your patrol area also.

Peabody

Yes !!! this is a breakthrough

keltos

Old 07-02-10, 03:44 AM   #741
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post

Yes !!! this is a breakthrough

keltos
Well, they won't work the way I was hoping, but they will work.

Peabody

Old 07-02-10, 04:27 AM   #742
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Well, they won't work the way I was hoping, but they will work.

Peabody
Launched from the map?
Old 07-02-10, 04:36 AM   #743
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
Launched from the map?
Nisgies,

Yes they will be, but you can only launch from your patrol zone if you have a sub that carries planes.

Peabody

Old 07-02-10, 06:57 AM   #744
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

Default Thank

Quote:
Some real life almost sank it, but we are back at it, learning as we go. Not dead, just badly banged up. Doctor thinks it will pull through.

Peabody
That's VERY good to hear.

We, the loyal servants of the mighty Emperor, stand here, patiently awaiting our chance to serve the Empire.

And rest asure that we''ll make good use of our boats...

Take care, no hurries.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-10, 03:21 PM   #745
andritsos
Gunner

Default %

can u make a guess of what % is complete of the things that are already decided to be put,maybe some explanation of the subs(not the others)........................................... .............
i luv to try some of these subs+i got an idea have u tried to us ethe mini subs?"a way that can be used for some attacks is that you select teh sub( the small) and for mission you decide like what kind of port to attack , then you directly start outside the enemy harbor supposing that you were transported by a bigger sub or some ship( i always asked myself how those sub could arrive to pearl harbor, if someone has an answer).Its an idea for mission or campagn ones( something like mini mission) because i think that every sub model should be used
im very intereste dof the interiors of each ijn sub u have,never saw one( maybe might be the most difficult part of ur project?)

kind regards
Old 07-05-10, 03:25 PM   #746
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
can u make a guess of what % is complete of the things that are already decided to be put,maybe some explanation of the subs(not the others)........................................... .............
i luv to try some of these subs+i got an idea have u tried to us ethe mini subs?"a way that can be used for some attacks is that you select teh sub( the small) and for mission you decide like what kind of port to attack , then you directly start outside the enemy harbor supposing that you were transported by a bigger sub or some ship( i always asked myself how those sub could arrive to pearl harbor, if someone has an answer).Its an idea for mission or campagn ones( something like mini mission) because i think that every sub model should be used
im very intereste dof the interiors of each ijn sub u have,never saw one( maybe might be the most difficult part of ur project?)

kind regards
try this till the campaign's done :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=137761

doesn't have all 14 subs we are aiming for, and uses the german campaign, but it's already pretty nice to play !!

here's also the stand alone Ko Hyoteki :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=145081

keltos

Old 07-05-10, 10:09 PM   #747
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
a way that can be used for some attacks is that you select teh sub( the small) and for mission you decide like what kind of port to attack , then you directly start outside the enemy harbor supposing that you were transported by a bigger sub or some ship( i always asked myself how those sub could arrive to pearl harbor, if someone has an answer).Its an idea for mission or campagn ones( something like mini mission) because i think that every sub model should be used

kind regards
The mini subs were transported by larger subs. So yes you could start outside the port you are attacking by setting that as the start point, but you still have to get it home after the mission and it does not have enough range to do it. It is good for single mission but not for the Campaign. And who wants to play a career with a sub that has two torpedoes?
The interiors are German Uboats, they have not been changed to Japanese.

Peabody

Old 07-06-10, 01:47 AM   #748
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
The interiors are German Uboats, they have not been changed to Japanese.

Peabody
Because unlike their german counterparts, most of the intel on the interior comes from propaganda movies and a few pictures of the interior of midget subs and of the I-400 and I-14 series.

Most of the IJN subs were sunk during the war, none were kept in reparation : they were sunk off Sasebo in 1946

There is the movie Gochin (Type A1 submarine) from which I extracted sounds and the various gauges and compass you see, the periscope is a Type 88 periscope (view and 3d model) which I also made from photographs of IJN scopes and a through-view of a Kaiten periscope at Kure Museum in Japan.

I tried and set up IJN uniforms to no avail.

I am certain that they were studied thouroughly before sinking but I have proven unable to find detailed interior pictures and descriptions, the best I have are poor pictures of the US Navy mission to Japan 1946.

I have asked several times for our american friend to try and find intel and pictures for me, they must be public domain now, but noone has come forward.

keltos

Old 07-06-10, 03:12 AM   #749
andritsos
Gunner

Thanks for the links, now im i greecewith my laptop without Sh4,cant wait to try.

no problem, besides ilike german sub interior, maybe u change the colors a little bit. The only photo inside of a ijn sub was one that looked very old and actually u could not be able to see details,perhaps only to distinguish tat was a sub interior.
For the mini subs after attacking port i came with the idea of milk cows,someone maybe in sh3/sh5(cant remember) told that was in a certain point and could give to the milk cow the Base commands and wanted to take out the return to base.Perhaps the return to base could be given to this type of submarine( the mother) so that it takes you to the enemy port and when you finish you return close to it(maybe it should remain submerged) as we might leave a mark on the map.Perhaps return to real home base(not maybe , maybe surelly and forced to change sub)(take that as a special campaign mission) Besides in Sh4 campaign you could go to teh US submarine tenders and refit, so you take this propierty and add teh return to base and give it to the mother sub. Just idea, maybe too difficult for modding/scripting.
Actually i like that there are missions, I wish i could help, but i know nothing of modding or 3dmodelling.
bye bye
Old 07-06-10, 10:37 AM   #750
keltos01
Silent Hunter

when they are all ready on the outside + damage model I'll think about modding the inside..

k