SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-17, 12:31 PM   #766
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Getting used to the idea that I had a year's worth of cholesterol in the form of bacon and more bacon, while enjoying a weissbier and pure mathematics 101. Not a bad combo that, seeing the great mathematicians must have been plastered witless to come up with their ideas. I will do with lesser ideas.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 05:36 PM   #767
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Want some honey with that?
Errr.......Pass.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-17, 09:13 AM   #768
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Boy just back from Thailand and knew his father would be thirsting for a drop of Nelsons blood

Just a little over £10 for a litre

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-17, 09:32 AM   #769
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well, that didn't take long, been home about an hour and now he's off with his mam, sister and her fiance to pick up the wedding dress at Durham.

I don't think he realises he won't be allowed to see it

Neither am I and I'm paying for the bugga

Old 05-21-17, 11:15 AM   #770
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Really nice shot of the clan!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-17, 02:56 PM   #771
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Another bottle came into my possession earlier, a coconut wine from the Phillipines but an outrageous 42% proof

Old 05-22-17, 03:55 PM   #772
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

It should say "NO SMOKING" there
Old 05-22-17, 05:02 PM   #773
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Had a sip earlier and must say it was quite nice with only a small hint of coconut, nothing at all like Malibu.

One small problem...what to mix it with or drink it neat

Old 05-23-17, 03:22 PM   #774
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Trying to PM Commander Wallace re removal of emulation software from my XP gaming rig, but he's got a full nutsack of messages and I can't send.

Edit: Thanks for your message, CW

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 05-24-17 at 01:43 AM.
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-17, 03:26 PM   #775
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Just got done looking at 3 Littoral Combat Ships up here in Marinette, WI.
I just stood off the side of the road near where they are being built.
Old 05-24-17, 02:47 PM   #776
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Another bottle came into my possession earlier, a coconut wine from the Phillipines but an outrageous 42% proof

Coconut wine? They must have some very strong feet in order to crush those.
Old 05-24-17, 03:00 PM   #777
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Yeah... and what about rice wine... how long must it take to crush the juice out of all those grains of rice?
Old 05-25-17, 05:24 AM   #778
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Went to a jam session. Played some music. Talked to a few other players. Had a good time.

Leaving for home I turned left out of the parking lot...across a median divider I didn't see, accelerating quickly. Right front tire shredded. Drove it a couple of miles until I finally found a parking lot with enough light to change the tire by. Spare tire is under the car. Loosened the nut holding it in place, per the manual. Wouldn't come off. I suspect it's been hanging there since the car was new. Drove the car to a repair shop I'm familiar with. Rather than sleep in the car I left it there and walked home.

Now it's 0400 in the a.m., and I'm waiting to take the bus back down there when they open at 0800. Needless to say I haven't been to bed. I only hope the rim isn't bent, but I won't be surprised if it is. I'll know for sure in just three more hours.
Old 05-25-17, 12:18 PM   #779
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default A toast to ol' Fedinand on the true nature of hackin' and hewin'

Quote:
Had a sip earlier and must say it was quite nice with only a small hint of coconut, nothing at all like Malibu.

One small problem...what to mix it with or drink it neat
Wicked stuff first noted by Magellan's officer Pigafetta in 1523 in his detailed account of the Magellan expedition.
Quote:
Lambanog is a very clean-tasting spirit, with a subtle, sweet finish. This gives it plenty of versatility in cocktails, since you can pretty much pair it with anything you want. Try it with citrus or lychee juices, for sweet, but potent mixes. Its clean taste also makes it perfect for infusions. Traditionally, Lambanog is steeped with either raisins or prunes to give it a sweeter flavor. With the variety of fruits we have, the types of infusions you can do are endless. For the enterprising barkeep and the alcohol gourmand, feel free to experiment. It’s easy. Place Lambanog in a mason jar, steep your favorite fruit in it, and delight your guests with an apéritif you made yourself.
He fought beside Ferdinand Magellan at the failed amphibious assault on the village of Lapo Lapo
Quote:
So we continued to retire for more than a good crossbow flight from the shore always fighting up to our knees in the water. The natives continued to pursue us, and picking up the same spear four or six times, hurled it at us again and again. Recognizing the captain, so many turned upon him that they knocked his helmet off his head twice, but he always stood firmly like a good knight, together with some others. Thus did we fight for more than one hour, refusing to retire farther. An Indian hurled a bamboo spear into the captain's face, but the latter immediately killed him with his lance, which he left in the Indian's body. Then, trying to lay hand on sword, he could draw it out but halfway, because he had been wounded in the arm with a bamboo spear. When the natives saw that, they all hurled themselves upon him. One of them wounded him on the left leg with a large cutlass, which resembles a scimitar, only being larger. That caused the captain to fall face downward, when immediately they rushed upon him with iron and bamboo spears and with their cutlasses, until they killed our mirror, our light, our comfort, and our true guide. When they wounded him, he turned back many times to see whether we were all in the boats. Thereupon, beholding him dead, we, wounded, retreated, as best we could, to the boats, which were already pulling off."
<Jeeze! now I need a drink! Methinks I'll combine the best of both worlds: the Gimlet with 1/4 lime, 1oz. Rose's lime water and 3 oz. Lambanog in place of gin or vodka and see how it goes.
One good thing leads to another apparently:
Quote:
The Manila galleons sailed the Pacific for 250 years, bringing in to Mexico their cargoes of luxury goods, economic benefits and cultural exchange. Filipino sailors aboard the Manila galleons, brought portable stills that were used to make coconut nectar-based lambanog. The stills were a huge hit in Mexico, but due to unfamiliarity and the risks involved in harvesting coconut nectar, the native population quickly turned to agave by applying the craft learned from the Filipino sailors. (hence Tequila)
Well damn! I'll just have to have a Margarita chaser too! I'll B "weng-weng" after that! Filipino slang for someone who is completely intoxicated.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 05-25-17 at 12:35 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 03:24 PM   #780
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Today was the day.

I am now officially retired. Let the good times roll.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote