SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-30-12, 10:32 AM   #946
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Yes but they don't have to be destroyed. Once you achieve CHIM you see that anything and everything is possible. All outcomes and possibilities are feasible for you are the godhead.

AE GHARTOK PADHOME [CHIM] AE ALTADOON!

heheheheehe...forgive me, I've just been playing through Morrowind again...

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 11:57 AM   #947
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102

Frau, for the 35+ thing I mainly meant for unique items like Dragonbane, Dawnbreaker, etc. The point at which their stats won't improve anymore is lvl 35
Old 01-30-12, 12:25 PM   #948
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Frau, for the 35+ thing I mainly meant for unique items like Dragonbane, Dawnbreaker, etc. The point at which their stats won't improve anymore is lvl 35

You just reminded me about something. I think my next run through, im gonna go for a light armor, shield warrior with an axe. I ended up going sword because

a.) finishing blows seem cooler
b.) Greater selection of unique weapons.

However, i also find that.

1.) At some point, you've seen all the cool finishing blows enough times. (though they never get old)

2.) A sky forge steel weapon can last you the entire game, and it only takes 1 (or 2 perks if you've enchanted it), to keep it upgraded. I mean, all you need is one perk in steel smithing, and a high skill level (80 or so), and you've got a legendary weapon after using a blacksmithing potion before sharpening it.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 02:02 PM   #949
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
You just reminded me about something. I think my next run through, im gonna go for a light armor, shield warrior with an axe. I ended up going sword because

a.) finishing blows seem cooler
b.) Greater selection of unique weapons.

However, i also find that.

1.) At some point, you've seen all the cool finishing blows enough times. (though they never get old)

2.) A sky forge steel weapon can last you the entire game, and it only takes 1 (or 2 perks if you've enchanted it), to keep it upgraded. I mean, all you need is one perk in steel smithing, and a high skill level (80 or so), and you've got a legendary weapon after using a blacksmithing potion before sharpening it.
Nice, also, if you plan on going 2H and using mostly unique stuff, you're going to be forced to use axes as the only unique 2H weapon in the game (Ebony Blade) uses 2 hands but is in fact levelled off of 1H prowess..
Old 01-30-12, 07:04 PM   #950
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Some screenies:

Had to crop this a bit since too much detail was lost by just resizing the WS image. Addressing the crowd after the Battle of Solitude - huzzahs all around! That's me in my Daedric gear standing in front of Galmar. Oh and Ulfric does Shout during the battle altho it sounds like a thunderclap. I don't know if that's because it was an afterthought during development and they didn't record the actor's voice doing a proper shout but put somethingin anyway, or if it was deliberate. Maybe his shouts sound less impressive because he's not Dragonborn and only spent a short time training compared to the Greybeards. Anyway it's pretty cool when you both stand there and shout enemies down from the ramparts together.

"Mawwiage..."
An older one I forgot about, me finally making an honest man out of the Magigolo. I'm pretty sure that's Sven from Riverwood sitting there in the back pew, which was odd since even though I took his side in the Great Riverwood Love Triangle Caper I later had to beat the crap out of him on a job for the Companions. I suppose that could be why he didn't buy a gift.

On of my favorites: Paarthurnax perched at the Throat of the World.

Totally BFFs. I love this picture, using the fullsize cap for wallpaper.

Argis the Bulwark and I brought this critter down on our way out of Markarth. Went to investigate a spot where the Greybeards said there might be a word of power and I guess he didn't want us to find it. Or it's possible he might've just emerged from the mound, I'm not sure. He was flying around in the mountains right above it and we didn't even notice it until after it was all over.

Got him with a Marked for Death shout and then since he was blowing nothing but frost got one really good head-on hit with Fire Breath. Not sure if it was that alone or maybe Argis put a few well-placed arrows in him, the poor guy kept getting frozen up from the icy dragon breath and lemme tell you it's a good thing Nords have some natural resistance cuz a couple times I thought I might be lugging a huge Nordsicle back to Markarth.

Anyway I think he was dead when he hit the ground, it was a really rough landing. He hit at the top of that ridge and plowed a furrow all the way down until the empty mound stopped his slide. Very fitting that he should end up there.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 07:55 PM   #951
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA you so crazy, whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis? There is no Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim.

At least, not any more.
Pfft. As listener, my Breton mage-thief is the living (well, technically undead) embodiment of evil in Skyrim. He's so good at his job that he even finds the odd evening to spend in Breezehome with his wife Muiri. Breezehome, of course, because the listener should never draw too much attention to himself. Lydia is kept blissfully unaware. Muahahahaha
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 08:11 PM   #952
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Any thoughts on what you'd like to see in an expansion/DLC?

I'd like to venture back to Morrowind...maybe not Vardenfell, but the mainland. Blacklight is close to Skyrim. As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been playing Morrowind again. I'd really like to see what happened to Vivec. Plus you've got the Argonian invasion of Morrowind, and that could provide a cool kind of backdrop, especially for Dunmer or Argonian characters. Maybe a return to Hammerfell? They're mentioned as resisting the Thalmor...there could be some fun times to be had there.

I think Summerset Isle is too big and intriguing for an expansion pack to do justice. My guess is that's going to be TES VI.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 01-30-12, 08:59 PM   #953
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Any thoughts on what you'd like to see in an expansion/DLC?

I'd like to venture back to Morrowind...maybe not Vardenfell, but the mainland. Blacklight is close to Skyrim. As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been playing Morrowind again. I'd really like to see what happened to Vivec. Plus you've got the Argonian invasion of Morrowind, and that could provide a cool kind of backdrop, especially for Dunmer or Argonian characters. Maybe a return to Hammerfell? They're mentioned as resisting the Thalmor...there could be some fun times to be had there.

I think Summerset Isle is too big and intriguing for an expansion pack to do justice. My guess is that's going to be TES VI.
I'd really love to have a go in High Rock with the Bretons and their wish to have Markarth seperated from the empire. Also would love to return to Morrowind.

I don't think that there is enough interaction with Daedric Lords compared to TESIV which would warrant something like the Shivering Isles. Thus, in order of preference:

Morrowind
High Rock
Hammerfell

AS for TESVI, I think it'd probably be in Sommerset Isles or the provinces of Elseweyr and Valenwood (would be pretty cool.)

Have they done anything in the Black Marsh also?
Old 01-31-12, 10:14 AM   #954
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
Have they done anything in the Black Marsh also?
Arena, but that doesn't really count.

Old 01-31-12, 10:21 AM   #955
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Ah alright.

Also, just got my Conjuration and Destruction to 100 and doing the ritual spells for each. Gotta say it's pretty sweet! I finished the Conjuration one last night and now have two permanent Thralls helping me out! (On top of my follower and dog... sweet).

It almost feels too easy...
Old 01-31-12, 11:38 AM   #956
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Has anyone managed to summon a Dragon Priest yet? From what I understand you need Konakrhik (sp). But where do I find the spell after that?
Old 01-31-12, 11:53 AM   #957
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:

Has anyone managed to summon a Dragon Priest yet? From what I understand you need Konakrhik (sp). But where do I find the spell after that?
You don't. It randomly summons one when you're low on health.

And yes, conjuration is super powerful. The Summon Dremora Lord spell is the best in the game, IMHO.

Old 01-31-12, 12:27 PM   #958
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Ah alright.. maybe I'll put that mask away then.. I don't like things that *might* happen when I'm almost dead.

Aye he is, I only wish that he would last longer... Hmm... If I kill a Daedra and then use Dead Thrall on it, would that keep them animated indefinitely?
Old 01-31-12, 01:22 PM   #959
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:

So true, and so funny. I don't sneak very often, but when i do, it's exactly like that video.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 02:23 PM   #960
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
So true, and so funny. I don't sneak very often, but when i do, it's exactly like that video.
I played a stealth Dunmer and it was fun, but yeah, the sneaking system is completely retarded. The AI is just not built around it. Look at games like Thief and both of the Batman Arkham titles...that's sneaking done right. If you launch an arrow at someone, they should never go back to an unalarmed state. Characters in a video game should act somewhat like a real human being would react if an arrow came whizzing by them out of nowhere, or else any believability is destroyed.

I say if a game can't do sneaking right, it shouldn't do it at all.