SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-15, 04:55 PM   #106
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

I doubt the idea is to cause economic damage, Markus.

They want us scared. That's the goal.
Old 11-14-15, 04:59 PM   #107
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post

I agree they want simply to terrorize.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-15, 05:06 PM   #108
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post

You are so right, but I think they should start to study history especially the psychologically part of England in the beginning of WWII.

In the beginning the German concentrated their bombings on other things than civilians, when they changed course-start bombing civilians a change of the mind of the British people occurred

Earlier today I heard on Danish TV there was a common response from middle east every country even Israel have condemned this and some of these countries once again stated that it was time to get rid of ISIS

And Russia you know, they don't take hit for nothing

So in all Instead of getting us scared they got us very angry and that will backfire on them.

Sorry for this little off topic historical story

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-15, 05:35 PM   #109
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

They want us scared and they want us to retaliate. Not on them in their bolt-holes in Syria and Iraq, but against the Muslims who we see in the street when we go to the shops. They want to generate that fear between Muslims and non-Muslims, to create that narrative of a war between the West and Islam, the sort of thing that certain people on here already believe in. Because then it makes it easier to recruit Muslims who feel that they are no longer welcome in the West because they are not trusted.
It's up to us, really, how much they succeed.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-15, 05:58 PM   #110
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
They want us scared and they want us to retaliate. Not on them in their bolt-holes in Syria and Iraq, but against the Muslims who we see in the street when we go to the shops. They want to generate that fear between Muslims and non-Muslims, to create that narrative of a war between the West and Islam, the sort of thing that certain people on here already believe in. Because then it makes it easier to recruit Muslims who feel that they are no longer welcome in the West because they are not trusted.
It's up to us, really, how much they succeed.
When posting I didn't think of our own radical right-wing people who see this as a war against the whole Islamic world.

Right now these right-wing people have a good time.

Markus
Old 11-14-15, 05:59 PM   #111
Oberon
Lucky Jack

I just noticed on the Beebs rolling news site that the Chairman of the Centre for Analysis of Terrorism in Paris has told the BBC that he reckons that there are 3,800 radical Muslims in France.
France has a population of around 5 million Muslims, probably a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
When posting I didn't think of our own radical right-wing people who see this as a war against the whole Islamic world.

Right now these right-wing people have a good time.

Markus

Damn right they are, every Muslim attack is a fantastic day for them. Make no mistake, Front National is going to do well out of this, most likely PEGIDA too. Radicalism breeds radicalism.
Old 11-14-15, 06:12 PM   #112
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
I just noticed on the Beebs rolling news site that the Chairman of the Centre for Analysis of Terrorism in Paris has told the BBC that he reckons that there are 3,800 radical Muslims in France.
France has a population of around 5 million Muslims, probably a bit more.

Damn right they are, every Muslim attack is a fantastic day for them. Make no mistake, Front National is going to do well out of this, most likely PEGIDA too. Radicalism breeds radicalism.
3800 radical Muslims is that who is active or have they also calculated those who support these radical Muslims ?

Just wondering.

Markus
Old 11-14-15, 06:27 PM   #113
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
3800 radical Muslims is that who is active or have they also calculated those who support these radical Muslims ?

Just wondering.

Markus
Couldn't say for certain. I'd say that there are probably more that they haven't picked up, but it's probably based upon internet intercepts, phone conversations and the like. Obviously you can have someone who doesn't express his views over these forms and they'll be harder to detect since the Minority Report doesn't exist yet.

But even if you were to double that figure, it's still a drop in the ocean compared to the number of Muslims that live in France.
Old 11-14-15, 06:35 PM   #114
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Another thing

Said by Anders Fogh Rasmussen-former Prime minister in Denmark and former leader for NATO.
"Its not enough to bomb ISIS from the air, troops on the ground is necessary too and it's not enough to only use military force we have to put an extra gear into the political effort to create peace in Syria and a more (forgot the word-its was about a government containing Sunni, Shia and other minorities)

Markus
Old 11-14-15, 06:40 PM   #115
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Couldn't say for certain. I'd say that there are probably more that they haven't picked up, but it's probably based upon internet intercepts, phone conversations and the like. Obviously you can have someone who doesn't express his views over these forms and they'll be harder to detect since the Minority Report doesn't exist yet.

But even if you were to double that figure, it's still a drop in the ocean compared to the number of Muslims that live in France.
Indeed.

I feel for these moderate Muslim right now, they must be living in a uncertain moment right now.

Markus
Old 11-14-15, 06:47 PM   #116
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Another thing

Said by Anders Fogh Rasmussen-former Prime minister in Denmark and former leader for NATO.
"Its not enough to bomb ISIS from the air, troops on the ground is necessary too and it's not enough to only use military force we have to put an extra gear into the political effort to create peace in Syria and a more (forgot the word-its was about a government containing Sunni, Shia and other minorities)

Markus
He's dreaming, Hollande might be able to stir a bit of support for French boots on the ground in Syria and Iraq from this bloodbath but it would soon dry up, and no-one else in the west is going to get involved in that quagmire. As for an all inclusive government in Syria involving Sunni and Shia representatives...well...I guess it would be worth a try but it would probably end in disaster. You'd need very special representatives in order to prevent it breaking down immediately, and I don't think that these special people existing in the Middle East right now, or indeed anywhere in the world.

Quote:
Indeed.

I feel for these moderate Muslim right now, they must be living in a uncertain moment right now.

Markus
It can't be easy, especially if you are obviously Muslim in regards to clothing and the like. Likewise, thanks to ignorance, if you're a practicing Sikh or Hindu, you will have to be extra vigilant just in case someone thinks you're a Muslim and comes for you. It's already happened quite a few times, even know Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims have never gotten on.
Old 11-14-15, 06:59 PM   #117
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I don't know what your left-wing politicians or your right-wings politicians have said today or yesterday

Here in Denmark and Sweden the left-wing are speaking of "Dialog" we should start a "dialog" with ISIS. The most radical are saying it is our own fault.

The right-wing, they are taking about bombing ISIS back to stone age and the most radical are taking about declare war on Islam.

Markus
Old 11-14-15, 07:10 PM   #118
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I don't know what your left-wing politicians or your right-wings politicians have said today or yesterday

Here in Denmark and Sweden the left-wing are speaking of "Dialog" we should start a "dialog" with ISIS. The most radical are saying it is our own fault.

The right-wing, they are taking about bombing ISIS back to stone age and the most radical are taking about declare war on Islam.

Markus
I dare say we have our own low ranking idiot politicians who are saying things along that line, I mean we did once have a Labour councillor who said that he managed to stop CERN from creating a rift in time and space using his mind.
Old 11-14-15, 07:20 PM   #119
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
I dare say we have our own low ranking idiot politicians who are saying things along that line, I mean we did once have a Labour councillor who said that he managed to stop CERN from creating a rift in time and space using his mind.
It worked didn't it?

The best thing to do is just keep quietly taking them out while ignoring them publicly. The hot heads calling for a new crusade would be doing exactly what they want the west to do.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie

Last edited by Buddahaid; 11-14-15 at 07:26 PM.
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-15, 08:03 PM   #120
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Read on Facebook

Person 1
Not every Muslim is supporting ISIS

Person 2
Correct not every Muslim is supporting ISIS they are supporting other radical Muslim groups

Tags
terrorism