SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-24, 12:33 PM   #91
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Ok Guys, it is raining over here....

Actually this post should be somewhere else as the CTD while loading the merchant fleet mod in OneAlex is unrelated to the night surface attack mod.

I didnot like that I could not load the full merchant pack as it is great . So I investigated it and this is what worked for me:

In your windows documents folder you will find the sh3-settings:

c:\users\<your username>\documents\Sh3\data\cfg

After I removed all files expect for the careers folder I fired up sh3 with the whole bunch:

No fatigue
Merchant ship pack 'full' for Onealex 1.53
SH-5 Moon mod
SH-5 Moon mod settings for OneAlex
SH-5 Water for SH-3 20 Km Atlantic V1000
SH-5 Volumetric Clouds for Moon mod

... and I started a campaign in 1943 and it all worked fine. I saved it and reloaded it and everything still worked.... It would be wise to backup this sh3 folder stored in your document folder before hand. Afterwards you can restore the settings if required.

@Doolar: I advice you to enable 'SH-5 Water for SH-3 20 Km Atlantic V1000' (before the Volumic clouds) as the settings in 'SH-5 Moon mod settings for OneAlex' are tuned for that and you will have nice wheather transitions and a great environment

Last edited by rik007; 04-09-24 at 01:05 AM.
rik007 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-24, 01:36 PM   #92
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Thank you

Will do. Thank you
Old 03-17-24, 07:50 PM   #93
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Default Re

Hey rik007, I tried what you suggested by removing the 'main.cfg'. when I do SH3 wont start via SH3cmdr. I says that it can't find .... and for me to restart SH3 which then re-creates the Main.cfg file and SH3 restarts for a bit. In the early war all seems good but 1943 on , it either CTD or I get a RUNTIME ERROR. I've tried with and without the SH5-3 20km Atlantic v1000 option activated. Sorry to say it's not working for me. I'm open to suggestions. So I'm going to pump the brakes here and see if I get any more insight from you or anyone that would like to share how they got it working. I won't give up because I believe this mod is a game changer, and maybe something needs tweaked somewhere. I had 1 more idea, just for the heck of it I deleted my "Saved Games folder and started SH3 from the SH3.exe to re-establish it. Then started the game normally via Commander. Thought I had it , but It crashed after 48 minutes. Darn !!! Thanx for your hard work for our benifit.

Last edited by Doolar; 03-17-24 at 09:03 PM.
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-24, 11:55 AM   #94
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Default Up Date

tested with the Merchant Ship lite - CTD after 50 minutes
Old 03-18-24, 02:29 PM   #95
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Unfortunately these CTD's in OneAlex made me switch to Fifi's which does not have those. .... Doolar I send you a PM to check the obvious.
Old 04-08-24, 05:40 PM   #96
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

@Rik: would be - I think - a good option to have a 16 KM environment. 8 and 16K environments are better for low end PCs; I believe this could be a solution for CTDs due to high use of hardware with the 20K enviro and your night attack project.

Only a suggestion... In my PC the 20K enviro works well, without CTDs in both NYGM and OneAlex. Only condition in OneAlex is do not use the Merchant Fleet packs by Kyle.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-24, 01:09 AM   #97
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Thank you very much Fitzcarraldo,

I looks like that the ctd's stem from another area of sh3. With me I got ctd's with the MFM mod without the surface attack mod (like Fubar had). That was very strange as others did not experience that.

We found out that removing the safe files from the document folder solves these Ctd's. So if you experience ctd's in OneAlex (or any other mega mod) it is a good idea to remove all files except of your careers folder from this folder:

c:\users\<your username>\documents\Sh3\data\cfg

Please make a backup before you do so. When you fire up sh3 it will rebuild these files. Obviously you have to change the options afterwards to your liking. Of course you also need to have the 4GB, run as an administator etc in place.

So after I removed the save file I use the night surface attack with Kyle's merchant fleet in 1943 etc without issues. Also the random crashes in OneAlex went away.

Doolar did the same thing and the last PM he send me he was campaigning up to more than 5 hours with the night surface attack project + Kyle's latest MFM without issues... except for an airplane that found his boat.

Creating an 8/16 Km.... might be a lot of work if there is impact on detectability. Not sure how many people use 8/16 km env and if it is worth the effort.

Old 04-26-24, 02:10 PM   #98
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

This is part of the upcoming Full Release of Uboat ('Full Release Dev Log #7: Random events, night battles, dive schedules")

I assume it is pure coincidence ... or did I inspire the Uboat devs??? Are they watching subsim? This feature was announced March 17th 2024
Old 04-26-24, 04:34 PM   #99
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik007 View Post
This is part of the upcoming Full Release of Uboat ('Full Release Dev Log #7: Random events, night battles, dive schedules")

I assume it is pure coincidence ... or did I inspire the Uboat devs??? Are they watching subsim? This feature was announced March 17th 2024

Makes you wonder.

To bad we do not have emotors.

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-24, 12:26 PM   #100
yagura
Seaman

Downloads: 35
Icon14

Wow, nice mod!
yagura is offline   Reply With Quote