SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-14, 05:45 AM   #1
depthtok33l
Sparky

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0
Fresh Faced Recruit -SH IV

Hi everyone, I am relatively new to the submarine simulator scene and I've got a few questions so please be easy with the new guy .

My questions will range from patches to in-game stuff.

So first off, I got this game about 3 months ago through steam without the U-Boat Missions Expansion which means I am stuck with version 1.3. After a few gruelling days, I've finally understood the "fundamentals" - navigating, positioning for an attack, evasion, even manual targeting and so on.

Here comes the questions...
  • I've read that SH IV by itself has v1.4 as its latest patch and steam won't update it. I've tried manually downloading the v1.4 patch itself but apparently the directory is incorrect so I can't install it. I've also read in the Ubi forums that the v1.3 on steam is actually a "typo" and the actual version of SH IV without the expansion on steam is v1.4. I tried to confirm the version by installing Trigger Maru Overhauled for v1.4, it seemed to load however at about 80% of the loading bar, error shows up and it says i have a few missing stock files. So what I need from the subsim community is clarification, what is the actual version of SH IV on steam (without the U-Boats Expansion).

• Another question is about Manual Targeting, particularly the legendary Dick O'Kane Technique. There are many tutorials out there ranging from Youtube to step by step instructions in forums and I've learned a lot from these and I almost made it to work however for someone who's not too bright at mathematics, I have a problem with AoB in the TDC. How exactly do you measure angular deviation that you will use to subtract from 90° to get the "actual AoB" and so on. Also please take in to account in your answers, I am playing on steam version 1.3 so I can't really install any mods/tools/tweaks etc. whatsoever. Only the stock game.

Thanks.

depthtok33l is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aob, o'kane, shiv, steam, versions