SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-12, 04:39 PM   #826
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

BTW, JSGME works just as well on Skyrim as it does on any SH title.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 06:09 PM   #827
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Does anyone think fast travel kills this game last two days I completed the Companions, Thieves and Stormcloaks guild quests & the bards I liked the two bards quests. But all I did was quick travel to destination kill required mobs, grab whatever needed and quick travel back - quest completed & repeat. I got bored playing this way and have gone back to just roaming skyrim on foot doing whatever quests I bump into while avoiding fast travel. Ive given up on horses they get in the way and die the stupid buggars . I need that shadow mare? or the ghost horse the only two horses ingame that can't die? & I need a mod that disables quick travel completely, Bethsheda should of had a choice to disable it in options its a killer.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 06:18 PM   #828
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
Does anyone think fast travel kills this game last two days I completed the Companions, Thieves and Stormcloaks guild quests & the bards I liked the two bards quests. But all I did was quick travel to destination kill required mobs, grab whatever needed and quick travel back - quest completed & repeat. I got bored playing this way and have gone back to just roaming skyrim on foot doing whatever quests I bump into while avoiding fast travel. Ive given up on horses they get in the way and die the stupid buggars . I need that shadow mare or the ghost horse the only two horses ingame that can't die? & I need a mod that disables quick travel completely, Bethsheda should of had a choice to disable it in options its a killer.
That's why I don't fast travel; it removes the 'epic' from this epic game. It's one of those great things where if you don't like the feature, then don't use it. No penalties either way.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 06:40 PM   #829
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
That's why I don't fast travel; it removes the 'epic' from this epic game. It's one of those great things where if you don't like the feature, then don't use it. No penalties either way.
Nimrod is now lvl 32, and the reason I did some guild quests is to get better armor, well that was the goal got sick of looking at that Dwarven set but I found from 30 onwards I don't know if its because of my level but I am now finding armor and weapons worth keeping plenty of glass weapons, an ebony 1hd axe dmg 36!! An orcish armor & helmet, an ebony gauntlets, & glass boots & qauntlet. If I keep this up I just might end up with a whole set sooner or later Plus its more a thrill finding a good piece this way. I just couldn't get into smithing.

Old 01-16-12, 07:37 PM   #830
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
BTW, JSGME works just as well on Skyrim as it does on any SH title.
I feel like a fool just noticing it works on Total war games as well.
Teach me to not read the documentation. Truly a great program, from great folks.

Thank you.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 07:53 PM   #831
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Very much liked how fast travel was made in Andrew's Terminus System mod for Nehrim.

First you had to find all the terminals and then find orbs to power them, before you could use them.

As for JSGME, you can use it with pretty much anything.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 08:45 PM   #832
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Is this new in the series? I have played Oblivion a bit but was not a fan of the time commitment.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 08:53 PM   #833
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet View Post
Is this new in the series? I have played Oblivion a bit but was not a fan of the time commitment.
No, you could always fast travel once a location was discovered. I just don't do it for the opposite reason that you stated--I like the time commitment. Sure it is just a game, but it gives a sense of accomplishment and allows you to find 300 other cool little things along the way.

Skyrim is one of those games where I find something new every time I play it.

EDIT: A great example is the quest that I have just been given. I am in Riften, way down in the southeast corner of Skyrim. I need to go to Solitude, which is located in the far northwest; the complete opposite side of the map. Sure I could take a carriage and get there immediately, but what's the fun in that? The great appeal of these games is that they lend themselves to slow play. Get out there, walk the countryside. I love it.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 10:09 PM   #834
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

I generally fast travel to the nearest major city and then take it on foot from there. I don't enjoy having to hoof it from one side of the map to the other, but I like to take a walk and if I so desire take a sudden left and end up in a troll cave if I so wish it.

So I don't think fast travel really needs to be an option I think you just need to have self control and not use it to go right to the spot of your quest, or use it in the degree in which you find the game enjoyable. Obviously to each his own, and everybody either has an hour before bed, or a WHOLE saturday to play.... so I think mileage varies.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 11:20 PM   #835
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
No, you could always fast travel once a location was discovered. I just don't do it for the opposite reason that you stated--I like the time commitment. Sure it is just a game, but it gives a sense of accomplishment and allows you to find 300 other cool little things along the way.

Skyrim is one of those games where I find something new every time I play it.

EDIT: A great example is the quest that I have just been given. I am in Riften, way down in the southeast corner of Skyrim. I need to go to Solitude, which is located in the far northwest; the complete opposite side of the map. Sure I could take a carriage and get there immediately, but what's the fun in that? The great appeal of these games is that they lend themselves to slow play. Get out there, walk the countryside. I love it.
Did not realize that, nice to have the option ( fast travel ). Perhaps I'll fire it up again and try both ways. Thanks for the reply

Back in the Day

Old 01-16-12, 11:42 PM   #836
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102

I like Drewcifers option, where you travel to the nearest main city. Travelling to some obscure mountain pass does seem kind of cheesy.
Old 01-16-12, 11:52 PM   #837
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
I like Drewcifers option, where you travel to the nearest main city. Travelling to some obscure mountain pass does seem kind of cheesy.
Yes, some nice info in that post ( Drewcifers ) as well

Back in the Day

Old 01-16-12, 11:56 PM   #838
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102

I think I'm going to start over and not use any wikis or fast travel in my next game, simply to keep everything 'magical and new'
Old 01-17-12, 03:30 AM   #839
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

For a bit more epic-ness set timescale to 2 default is 20, I had it set from 20 to 1 but read it can cause bugs - (I waited for days for a main quest from the Thieves guild to show up), so 2 is safe. Night and day is now close to real time as it gets. Night/day cycle is far to quick at 20.

console command
Set timescale to 2

Old 01-17-12, 03:45 AM   #840
seaniam81
Commodore

Downloads: 87

I will admit I will take the carriage between towns. But I usually walk to a quest but might quick travel back, unless there was something I wanted to do on the way.

seaniam81 is offline   Reply With Quote