SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-12, 11:38 AM   #1516
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon

Lucasfilms aside, I got to the big opening that requires the blood letting, and the game locked up. I have a nasty suspicion that it's related to the mods I grabbed, mainly Jaysus Swords, Sounds of Skyrim and the better people textures, I also grabbed SkyUI but that requires the Script extender, and the website for that was down...so that's another potential problem causer. When I get time in between sleeping and working I will have a proper look, hopefully it's just a random lock-up. Thank God for Win7s three finger salute function, I imagine XP would have just completely locked up.
Odd, as I use those and the managed to do skyhaven temple fine.

*though I didn't have SkyUI back then.
Old 03-24-12, 11:46 AM   #1517
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
Odd, as I use those and the managed to do skyhaven temple fine.

*though I didn't have SkyUI back then.
I've done Skyhaven twice, both with SkyUI enabled. The only problem I ever had with SkyUI was if I forgot to update SKSE and all I got then was a popup the first time I opened an items/powers menu, saying that I might lose some of SkyUI's functionality if I didn't get the latest version of SKSE.

Of course I always got the latest version right away so I don't know what effect not doing so would have on any quests, but I wouldn't think it would cause a particular quest to lock up like that if everything else is working fine.

On a side note I'm getting ready to download the 1.5 patch and just got the new version of SKSE for that and had no problems with the website. I can imagine they got hit hard when everybody who got the patch on release went there to look for an update on SKSE as well. Seems to be fine now, though.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-12, 02:19 PM   #1518
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Okay I found a mod that lets me upgrade the Nightingale Blade (as well adding some nice tweaks to the armor enchantments), but apparently the Ebony smithing perk doesn't apply to it - which it should as it apparently applies to the Bow. Anybody know of a mod that fixes this? So far I can't find anything at Nexus that addresses this issue in particular.

Sucks because I'd really like to keep it on hand but the damage rating is so low compared to everything else I've got, it seems like a waste of Carry Weight space no matter how good it looks.

Also there's apparently no sheath for Chillrend when you have it equipped?
You mean if you're dual wielding it? Or just plain wielding it? Some swords don't have a sheath but rather a leather loop that they fit through (which doesn't really make sense due to Chillrends design...
Old 03-24-12, 03:34 PM   #1519
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
You mean if you're dual wielding it? Or just plain wielding it? Some swords don't have a sheath but rather a leather loop that they fit through (which doesn't really make sense due to Chillrends design...
When it's equipped but not drawn, if I go to 3rd person view it's hanging at my waist like any other sword when I equip it... but there's no sheath, just the naked sword. I wondered too about the design of the sword, although I think it's shaped the same as a glass sword, do those have sheathes? I didn't use one long enough to notice.
Old 03-24-12, 03:48 PM   #1520
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
When it's equipped but not drawn, if I go to 3rd person view it's hanging at my waist like any other sword when I equip it... but there's no sheath, just the naked sword. I wondered too about the design of the sword, although I think it's shaped the same as a glass sword, do those have sheathes? I didn't use one long enough to notice.
Hmm... strange ..

AFAIK it uses the glass sword render but is blue instead of green.
Old 03-24-12, 08:43 PM   #1521
Task Force
Rear Admiral

So... Ive played skyrim charachter, for a quit some time now, and decided to check my stats.

97 hours in, 135 days passed, and have killed 1161 "people" not counting animals, deadra, and other things.

So much stuff to do.
Old 03-24-12, 09:57 PM   #1522
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Just enchanted my Dwemer hammer, called it Mr Smashy.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-12, 11:56 PM   #1523
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

I've gotten quite a few archery killcams this evening after getting the new patch, a couple were pretty awesome. Just took out a Dwarven Centurion Master in three shots, went into the final chamber of Mzinchaleft and he was standing in the charging station. Kind of assumed he would wake up when I started poking around in there so...

I've got the archery perks that give me a slo-mo zoom and I used that and as I took the third shot it switched to killcam and I got a third person view of me crouched down in sneak mode releasing the arrow, then it went to the DCM as the arrow hit and the cam did like a circle around him as he was falling forward, it was actually quite cinematic and pretty damn awesome. Granted they are very cool looking and seeing one go down in slow motion like that sure beats watching some icky Falmer fall over backwards.

Trying to figure out how to get Marcurio to follow me down into Blackreach since I've just found and opened the passage from Mzinchaleft into there, will save me a trek overland to Alftand which I was on my way to do anyway. Only got about six pounds to spare in my backpack so all I want to do is get in there, get to the Tower, transcribe Crazy Wizard Dude's magic cube, get the Scroll, and get the hell out of Dodge. But apparently followers don't like to follow down that stairwell, don't know if it's a navmesh issue or what, it's like he's trying to follow and he gets to one spot and just turns around and takes off trying to get to my location from another direction. I suppose I could just head on down to Blackreach and see how long it takes him to show up there. In theory there'd be no way for him to get in as the only access point open is the one I'm using.
Old 03-25-12, 04:16 AM   #1524
Task Force
Rear Admiral

I think that you could push him down the steps if thats the issue. Just look at him with a weapon out, usually pushes people.
Old 03-25-12, 04:52 AM   #1525
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
I think that you could push him down the steps if thats the issue. Just look at him with a weapon out, usually pushes people.
Lol, no, I tried that for about five minutes and he would still get stuck. I could've shouted him over the ledge I guess but that seemed kinda harsh.

I checked the wiki and there's a problem with several followers not being able to navigate that location. I actually had trouble getting around and down the steps myself, it's a very narrow passage with close sharp turns and if I didn't have the crosshairs pointed just right the PC wouldn't move smoothly through the passage either. Lots of little lock-ups and lags and stumbles. Very annoying.

Was prepared with the console command to just move him to my location if all else failed, but finally I tried one last time and he suddenly popped up at the bottom of the stairs. Very odd. But then wouldn't you know he kept getting stuck trying to get through Blackreacch to the tower where the Scroll is, so I ended up just using the console command anyway when it was clear he just wasn't gonna follow my lead. The first time through I went off the path to sneak around a giant and he wouldn't leave the path and ran right towards the giant to get to where I had gone and we ended up having to fight the giant. And I wanted to get the Scroll and get out with as little fuss as possible.

The straightest shot from one place to another was something I could navigate but apparently he couldn't, and I wasn't gonna spend a lot of time bopping around down there trying to find a path he could follow. Yay console commands! I didn't want him taking the long way around to avoid some little bump in the landscape and end up in a fight with a bunch of Falmer.

I remember with the last character we did a long exploration of Blackreach together when we went back the second time and he had problems with some areas then as well. Most areas were fine, but some he just couldn't get through, even though it wasn't a climb up or jump down, I'd always lose him and then he'd come running up from some completely different direction.

Oh, and today's bit of follower amusement... cleared out a native camp in the Reach, and he's running around doing the ranged magic thing as usual, when it's over I'm standing there with dead bodies all around and he runs up through the human debris, stops, and says:

"These Forsworn don't even have the decency to dress right."

Old 03-25-12, 11:19 AM   #1526
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Just enchanted my Dwemer hammer, called it Mr Smashy.

Anyone recommend any nice mods? I'm currently running the hi-res textures and the improved water thing which is nice. Are there any decent 'darker nights' mods out there? even for dungeons. I think i'd like to be forced to use a torch sometimes.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-12, 11:26 AM   #1527
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Still using realistic lighting for skyrim, does the job well.
Old 03-28-12, 08:03 AM   #1528
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

So I finished the MQ with my current character, finished Thieves Guild (except for taking the approx 1 gazillion additional side jobs that will apparently fill out the shelves behind my desk with the remaining trophies of our new ascendancy, which, I dunno, it irritates me when Delvin and Vex greet me as Glorious Leader and then get a big ugly 'tude when I walk away without asking for work, I'm the boss now, I should be telling them what to do, ya dig, so I may not go back there... I already dumped a bunch of gold in all the communal chests so I figure I've done my part) and I'm up to the place in the DB storyline where I need to start working on the whole thing about impersonating the Gourmet.

Anyway what that means is that I've got Shadowmere now, and I was expecting that if I got off of him he would just walk along behind me like another follower, but... he doesn't. Is that how it works? He's just gonna stay where he is unless I'm actually riding him? Bummer. I thought he would be more useful than a regular horse in that sense, and I don't really want to ride everywhere. Altho I will say that getting off of him on the way back from Dawnstar and then watching while he killed both the ice wraith and the spider that were waiting on the side of the road up ahead was pretty cool.

Got him parked down at the Whiterun stables at the moment, I don't know what else to do with him if I have to ride him to take him anywhere.

I guess I will finish out the DB stuff and then maybe follow up on my plan to join the Legion this time around. To make it more interesting (I'm at level 50+ now with pretty awesome armor/weapons, so... yeah) I may decide to play through the CW storyline wearing whatever stuff the Legion sees fit to give me, improved and probably enchanted of course but still... definitely gonna be a step down from the Nightingale and Dragonscale I've been using.

It's kind of a lose-lose with the MQ, once I finish it everything that comes after it feels anticlimactic - haven't even loaded the game since this weekend, so my character's still sleeping off the post-Sovngarde woozies in High Hrothgar - which kinda takes the edge off my desire to finish out other stuff with the same character. But if I do all the other stuff I want to do before finishing the MQ, then the final battles with Alduin seem a little too easy because I've leveled up so high.
Old 03-28-12, 04:04 PM   #1529
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
So I finished the MQ with my current character, finished Thieves Guild (except for taking the approx 1 gazillion additional side jobs that will apparently fill out the shelves behind my desk with the remaining trophies of our new ascendancy, which, I dunno, it irritates me when Delvin and Vex greet me as Glorious Leader and then get a big ugly 'tude when I walk away without asking for work, I'm the boss now, I should be telling them what to do, ya dig, so I may not go back there... I already dumped a bunch of gold in all the communal chests so I figure I've done my part) and I'm up to the place in the DB storyline where I need to start working on the whole thing about impersonating the Gourmet.

Anyway what that means is that I've got Shadowmere now, and I was expecting that if I got off of him he would just walk along behind me like another follower, but... he doesn't. Is that how it works? He's just gonna stay where he is unless I'm actually riding him? Bummer. I thought he would be more useful than a regular horse in that sense, and I don't really want to ride everywhere. Altho I will say that getting off of him on the way back from Dawnstar and then watching while he killed both the ice wraith and the spider that were waiting on the side of the road up ahead was pretty cool.

Got him parked down at the Whiterun stables at the moment, I don't know what else to do with him if I have to ride him to take him anywhere.

I guess I will finish out the DB stuff and then maybe follow up on my plan to join the Legion this time around. To make it more interesting (I'm at level 50+ now with pretty awesome armor/weapons, so... yeah) I may decide to play through the CW storyline wearing whatever stuff the Legion sees fit to give me, improved and probably enchanted of course but still... definitely gonna be a step down from the Nightingale and Dragonscale I've been using.

It's kind of a lose-lose with the MQ, once I finish it everything that comes after it feels anticlimactic - haven't even loaded the game since this weekend, so my character's still sleeping off the post-Sovngarde woozies in High Hrothgar - which kinda takes the edge off my desire to finish out other stuff with the same character. But if I do all the other stuff I want to do before finishing the MQ, then the final battles with Alduin seem a little too easy because I've leveled up so high.
Hmm... I'm not sure if that's WAD then because in my game he follows me everywhere... Hate it because he always gets in the way.
Old 03-28-12, 07:27 PM   #1530
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Hmm... I'm not sure if that's WAD then because in my game he follows me everywhere... Hate it because he always gets in the way.
Well maybe I just didn't get far enough away that he started following, I don't know. The last horse I had I took from the stable in an Imperial fort that I helped capture, so I was never sure if he counted as "owned" or just "borrowed." Probably the latter but whenever I got off him anywhere he would just turn around and wander off in some other direction, probably going back to the place where I first got on him. If I wanted him to stick around I'd have to chase him down and then ride him some more.

Anyway it made me leery of just getting off a horse and going about my business and assuming he was tagging along behind or at least staying put. Shadowmere did stay put outside the Dawnstar Sanctuary when I went in, so there's that. I suppose I could take him down the road from Whiterun a bit and then get off and start running back to see what he does. If he does actually follow me without being ridden, that would be awesome.