SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-06-09, 03:36 PM   #1021
jakethescot
Engineer

Downloads: 904
Uploads: 0

Whew! I finally got WAC to work.Vista is something else, what with the hidden 'file shadow copies' that have to be deleted. Anyway, does the resolution fix work with WAC?
Old 11-06-09, 03:52 PM   #1022
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethescot View Post
Whew! I finally got WAC to work.Vista is something else, what with the hidden 'file shadow copies' that have to be deleted. Anyway, does the resolution fix work with WAC?

finally
the resolution fix works surely!
Old 11-06-09, 03:57 PM   #1023
jakethescot
Engineer

Thanks. By the way, great mod. I'm glad I stuck with trying to get it installed right. The pay-off is well worth it.

Thanks, again.
Old 11-06-09, 04:39 PM   #1024
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Hi.
Could someone post here the download links from megaupload? The connection has some kind of trouble and among all alternate links only the megaupload links work for me. I can't enter the site of WAC too. Please?

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 05:23 PM   #1025
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Try these:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D13LA6BJ WarAceCampaign_4.1_final_FULLxp.7z.001 350 MB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MV84A3G0 WarAceCampaign_4.1_final_FULLxp.7z.002 350 MB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M9BSIQ8X WarAceCampaign_4.1_final_FULLxp.7z.003 350 MB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35PP63HG WarAceCampaign_4.1_final_FULLxp.7z.004 191.96 MB
Old 11-06-09, 05:53 PM   #1026
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Thanks a lot Han!

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
Old 11-07-09, 07:27 PM   #1027
jakethescot
Engineer

Hi folks. Is there any way to get the console to stay put, instead of dropping from view when I move the cursor ?

Thanks.
Old 11-07-09, 08:04 PM   #1028
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethescot View Post
Hi folks. Is there any way to get the console to stay put, instead of dropping from view when I move the cursor ?

Thanks.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1384

Try this if you like.

Mods for SH3
Old 11-07-09, 08:37 PM   #1029
jakethescot
Engineer

Thanks, Tom.
Old 11-08-09, 10:08 AM   #1030
GrumpySub
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Reinstall is pretty drastic but it could be the quickest thing in the long run.

Something you might try first ( if you haven't done so already) would be to check your shortcut by right clicking it, selecting properties ,find target, and see where it goes. You could also double click on the SH3.exe file and try starting WAC that way.

If this doesn't change anything, then reinstall is the only option.

PS
I just hope that you haven't got a corrupted download! It's a pity that HanSolo doesn't provide a MD5 hash check as this would indicate whether the initial download was OK.

Anyhow, good luck. Let's know how you get on.
Reinstalling wasn't too drastic, as it was only a case of disabling the single WAC 4.1 file with JSGME to revert to the stock 1.4b SH3 installation, and then activating it again after deleting all the save files. Went pretty quickly and smoothly, and most importantly fixed the issue. Not sure what the problem actually was, but at least it's now resolved! I'm more than happy to leave it at that!! Thanks once again for all of the suggestions. Much appreciated.
GrumpySub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 09:56 PM   #1031
U-48Kriegsmarine
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Default Backwards Perisope:

If I posted this in the wrong place, feel free to delete,

I can;t help but notice, THE PERISCOPES ARE BACKWARDS!!!! What I mean is, is that when I click in the obs periscope inside the sub, it takes me to the square headed attack periscope located in the center of the conning tower, and when I click in the attack periscope, it takes me to the obs periscope located in the front of the conning tower. basically, the interior periscopes are linked to the wrong exterior ones. WTF?!?!?! I soke with Han Solo about this, and I'm still not 100% sure why he did this, but its just starting to be kinda a pet peeve. Also, what I think he was trying to do with this effect was to link a square periscope obs view with the square att pericsope head. BUT evidence shows that neither periscope offered a square view, and tha this is just a misinterpretation of the head. You see, the head is square to allow the lens on the inside to move up and down (that is to say vertical pitch) and still have a field of view. so the square head is just a cover for a circulat lens which sat inside the head and looked through the rectangular glass, and could pitch it's view up and down inside the glass.

So really, bit periscopes were round. (if you would like documentaion, I can send you a pdf)

ANYWAY, could someone tell me what files to delete (and use the stick files instead) or alter to get the interior scopes linked with the correct exterior ones?

Thanks,

U-48Kriegsmarine

ROCK ON: WAC IS AWESOME!!!!
Old 11-09-09, 04:13 PM   #1032
Anton88
Helmsman

Downloads: 121

My Warace campaign 4.1 crashes when entering campaign mode. Only Training works, if you try Single player or Campaign it gives me an error message and exits to windows.

* A question please:
where in the "data" folder would I find the files responsible for
a) the green water (underwater) and the blurry effects when going under the water.
b)the modified deck gun, periscopes with the twisty things around them.
and
c) the flag pennants and the config stuff that allows you to raise the flags and lower them.

these are the only mods I want and i shall integrate them into GWX if possible cause WAC4.1 does not work for me. (I might at least use the features I like, and that work)

thanks for the help
Anton88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 04:55 PM   #1033
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

@Anton88

What operating system do you have?
If Vista or Win7, did you try the Vista patch?
Old 11-09-09, 06:27 PM   #1034
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477
Default CDT

Hi,

First a big thank you for your work even I have some problems...

I have installed WAC 4.1 over a clean installation SH3 1.4 with some mods like WAC 4.1 realistic hull damage, WAC 4.1 16 km and WAC 4.1 integrated orders fix. The game crashes when I want to begin a campaign. The museum, the training missions and single missions are working fine.

I'm running Windows XP sp3, Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 3.25 RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT.

Do you know how can I have the sun halo back?

Thank you for helping.

Regards

Last edited by Lopo; 11-11-09 at 03:32 AM.
Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 06:34 PM   #1035
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-48Kriegsmarine View Post
If I posted this in the wrong place, feel free to delete,

I can;t help but notice, THE PERISCOPES ARE BACKWARDS!!!! What I mean is, is that when I click in the obs periscope inside the sub, it takes me to the square headed attack periscope located in the center of the conning tower, and when I click in the attack periscope, it takes me to the obs periscope located in the front of the conning tower. basically, the interior periscopes are linked to the wrong exterior ones. WTF?!?!?! I soke with Han Solo about this, and I'm still not 100% sure why he did this, but its just starting to be kinda a pet peeve. Also, what I think he was trying to do with this effect was to link a square periscope obs view with the square att pericsope head. BUT evidence shows that neither periscope offered a square view, and tha this is just a misinterpretation of the head. You see, the head is square to allow the lens on the inside to move up and down (that is to say vertical pitch) and still have a field of view. so the square head is just a cover for a circulat lens which sat inside the head and looked through the rectangular glass, and could pitch it's view up and down inside the glass.

So really, bit periscopes were round. (if you would like documentaion, I can send you a pdf)

ANYWAY, could someone tell me what files to delete (and use the stick files instead) or alter to get the interior scopes linked with the correct exterior ones?

Thanks,

U-48Kriegsmarine

ROCK ON: WAC IS AWESOME!!!!
All you have to do is go to Data/Menu?GUI and rename these 2 tga files :
Periscope
Church_OBS_Periscope

If the red mask doesn't match, rename these 2 tga files :
RedMask
RedMask1
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote