SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-12, 03:13 PM   #1291
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 0

Hope this glitch gets sorted thought I was seeing things
Old 02-26-12, 04:05 PM   #1292
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
Mage is once again over powered, even without spell crafting.
Mages have been traditionally overpowered in TES, which is why I don't like playing them. In terms of crafting, I limit myself to one discipline. If I am a warrior, I smith. I don't enchant, I don't use potions. Keeps things from getting out of hand.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 04:11 PM   #1293
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Reminds me of when I found the khajiit traders in what I can only assume is Khajiit convoy formation!
Old 02-26-12, 05:32 PM   #1294
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossMark View Post
Hope this glitch gets sorted thought I was seeing things
Just think of Skyrim as a land where conjoined twins are relatively commonplace.

Well I think I'm gonna wrap up my current character... almost to level 63, have completed the main quest, big bosses are really not much of a challenge any more. Can't see my current PC joining up with the thieves or assassins. Don't want to visit *every* location on the map, at this point I'm actually avoiding previously undiscovered places just to save something for future playthroughs.

Altho I do have three treasure maps on hand and one quest item I found but still need to be given the quest by the proper NPC... pretty sure finishing it will involve killing another dragon, and that might be a chance to call Odahviing and see what that's like. I also was dumb enough to pick a Crimson Nirnroot in Blackreach so that quest got started and it might be worth going back there to finish it off. Also I've never pickpocketed the heart out of a Forsworn Briarheart which I think would be hilarious. Got close once but he turned around just at the last second. But I'd probably have to go back to Markarth and start accepting bounties from the steward just to find another Briarheart to pickpocket... maybe I'll save that for when I'm playing out the Thieves Guild questline.

Sad that I can't summon Odahviing into Blackreach to help with the dragon there, that would kill two birds with one stone.

I dunno. Will probably finish off the one quest just to get the item out of my inventory. Then maybe I'll sell off all my raw materials and unused unenchanted apparel, see how much money I end up with, and retire to a life of leisure.

Also been searching around hoping to find some mods that fix a couple annoyances in the game. If anybody's found any fixes for tempered Blades swords, Orcish swords, and some of the unique staves (one of the Hagraven ones is a problem, can't remember which... Eye of Melka or Hag's Wrath, one of the two) regarding the way they display (or refuse to stay) on weapons racks, please point me in that direction. Also noticed that equipped necklaces don't show on my PC if I'm wearing clothes where the necklace should be visible, i.e. blacksmith's apron. Minor things but I would love to see them fixed for future playthroughs.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 05:35 PM   #1295
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Too bad after the main storyline you cant take over any of the holds though force. Since I can pretty much murder all the guards at any time i want.
Old 02-26-12, 06:45 PM   #1296
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Mages have been traditionally overpowered in TES, which is why I don't like playing them. In terms of crafting, I limit myself to one discipline. If I am a warrior, I smith. I don't enchant, I don't use potions. Keeps things from getting out of hand.
And why wouldn't a high level mage be OP? Its a freaking mage... and a high level one should be able to burn you down, control your mind, summon an undead army, tear your body to pieces particle by particle.

There should never be a point that a mage should be outmatched. They are the very conduit of magikca the world bends to the will of a mage and that is supposed to be OP.

Besides the game renders one thing perfectly an assassin can take a mage out. Which is the way I would imagine a mage dying other then a mage duel. Lets face it your not going to send the strongest warrior in the world to confront a powerful mage, chances are he won't even be able to draw his sword. An assassin though would kill a mage before he could even react.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 06:57 PM   #1297
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I wouldn't mind Mages being OP, if that would also apply to NPC mages, which it
doesn't. No problems slicing and dicing them on master difficulty with my dual
wielding character.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 07:04 PM   #1298
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
I wouldn't mind Mages being OP, if that would also apply to NPC mages, which it
doesn't. No problems slicing and dicing them on master difficulty with my dual
wielding character.
Thats also an AI issue... they have the same 'power' as the PC, they just don't use it or do it stupidly...

Ie: A necromancer will raise up a dead minion and then proceed to blast you and his minion with a fireball explosion that kills his own minion. Duh. Then the AI loves to cast a flesh spell then hide behind a ward until it runs out of magicka and dies. The reason the PC seems OP is because we don't waste huge portions of our energy supporting Wards when we could turn them into offensive mayhem. Also the ai can't control your mind... which is a major power of any mage... I can turn a whole city against itself and nobody will touch me.

+edit: Besides I'm not sure alot of people would be cool if at random they lost control and started beating their companion to death in a magic induced rage while an NPC mage cackles evily in the corner.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 10:29 AM   #1299
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

I just want to say, I hate anime. I hate the artistic style of anime, I hate the hair styles of anime, i hate the names of anime, i hate the clothes of anime, i hate the armor of anime, I hate the oversized weapons of anime, and most of all, I hate the mods anime inspires.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 10:33 AM   #1300
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 11:04 AM   #1301
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Lol I don't know if it was inspired by anime altho I suspect it was... was browsing through mods and saw something called "Foxy Farkas" that said it had made him look sexier.

I don't know whose idea of "sexy" that is, "Emo Farkas" was more like it.

The only thing I've done with the twins is get rid of that horrible war paint around the eyes. I guess I think most of the attractive Nord men are sexy as is. Yep, pretty much right in my wheelhouse, fantasy-wise.

Aaaand realized last night that the last unused quest item in my inventory is for the master spell ritual quest or whatever it is for... Alteration, I think. So if I stick around for that one, it's gonna be a while... 99% of my use of Alteration has been from casting Transmute on iron and silver ore, with a small bit coming from using Telekinesis to toss bits of transmuted ore around the room afterwards just to see how it worked.

I do have quite a bit of iron and silver ore stockpiled and the iron's cheap enough but I don't think there's enough there to get to 90 or whatever level is required. I'm only in the low 50s on Alt, IIRC. I've been trying to use one of the ***flesh spells instead of a shield in my left hand but not having concentrated on magic I forget to cast it. I suppose I could go out on an ice floe and aggro some horkers for risk-free practice.

Did get my Crimson Nirnroot, though, and explored the bulk of Blackreach in the process. And opened every single passageway to the surface, so the Falmer can now use them en masse to invade and retake Tamriel. Enjoy your new (mutated) Elven overlords, peoples of Nirn!

Also had to go back to Solitude for something and decided to check out the Thalmor Embassy... turned out there were still three of them hanging around at the front gate. Being the friendly sort who just wants to share the love, I asked them if they'd found Talos. They didn't take it too well.

Picked the lock on the guard barracks and found several more in there who simply refused to turn hostile... so I had the Magigolo wait outside the gate while I went back in and killed them all. Then "jumped over the wall" to get into the Embassy proper (i.e. turned off collision, seriously, the war's over, we won, there should not be Thalmor in Skyrim, or else there should be another quest to go back and get rid of them). First thought the place was empty except for a few corpses left over from my last visit, which I got the chance to loot properly this time around. Then some Thalmor wizard pops out of a side door, surprise!! Anyway now he's also dead. And naked.

Then basically went through the place and took anything and everything of value that I didn't nick the first time, nicked things out of display cases, took all the fine apparel, I don't know how many sets of Thalmor and Elven gear, and to add insult to injury, stole all the silver and booze. Sold all the "dodgy" stuff (none of it was tagged as stolen anyway) to a Khajiit trader who was conveniently parked outside of Solitude proper when I got back.

In other words, it was a good night.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 02-27-12 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-27-12, 11:36 AM   #1302
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Robbing the Thalmor embassy, one of my favorite past times!
Old 02-27-12, 11:51 AM   #1303
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
Robbing the Thalmor embassy, one of my favorite past times!
Well you know I hadn't quite made up my mind to go inside and loot the place given that I couldn't find the cave that gets you back in the dungeon and I wasn't sure I wanted to use the console to do it.

But then I run into these three outside the front gate, and... well, see, somewhere on the road to Solitude I killed a thief and I there was a stray dog at the scene and I don't know if the thief had killed the dog's owner or was harassing the dog or what, but suddenly after killing the thief I had a doggie follower. He was cute and fuzzy and had the puppy dog eyes and did what he was told and wasn't pushy like Barbas and I really got attached to him. HE WAS A GOOD DOGGIE and then one of those Thalmor pigs KILLED HIM and all I was trying to do was share the love of Talos with them. The bastids.

So, yeah, they killed my dog. After that, there was no going back.

Edit: speaking of Talos, now that I'm playing this character mainly for the hijinks, I may have to give this a try:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8965
Old 02-27-12, 12:15 PM   #1304
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

I wasn't referring to anyone here, i was just looking through skyrim nexus and noting all the anime inspired horsecrap.

Such as,
- armor that is heavy on the feet, ankles, hips, but amazingly skimpy on the groin, and inner thighs.

- Pig tails that hang down to the freaking ground.

- Green and purple hair

- Excessive and unrealistic use of makeup

- Animal like ears on the head. Dog or fox ears, i can't figure it out.

- A sword that's dimensions are such, that you might as well be trying to swing a Ford truck bumper as a sword.

The list goes on and on. I really hate anime.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-12, 12:20 PM   #1305
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Yea, anime armor isnt terribly pratical. Never understood why so many people make armor and think. "I know what will make this more useful! a hole in it! no one will shove a sword though that."

I don't care what anyone makes! ebony IMO looks best, well except for the helmet.