SUBSIM®  Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM® Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #61
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 902
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1
Default

As said before, that´s not my area of expertise. Besides I haven´t had a look at the game´s code for about a year now. But afaik there are different ways to make a crew member disappear.

1-If you choose to take the position of one specific crew member, the game engine switches to the respective cam. The important thing, the character must be invisible to "his" own cam/pov now. There´s a (cam-) parameter that can be set just for that particular reason. But the character remains still there, though invisible.

2-Set parameter to be visible/invisible below water. That´s how the deck crew basically works, IIRC. (If not, #3 applies for the deck crew)

3-Link the crew member to a specific state defined in the SMC (StateMachineControllers). Unfortunately the states defined are pre-set. There´s no such state like "surfaced" or submerged, which would make a lot of things easier to handle. At least I´ve never found it.

4-Link the crew member to an object that moves into/out of view when a certain condition is met. Such as the engine in FM_NI.

5-Now the unknown, at least unknown to me, the crew member appears/disappears according to a single bit/flag that will be set when fumbling with the crew management screen. Never checked it. But if it would be easy, somebody would have made it happen already.


Now lads, that´s what I remember. Maybe this is total BS, maybe it´s not.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #62
MCHALO12
Loader
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 90
Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default

Moin my friends,

thank you for your posts, especially to Diving Duck, every player of SH3 owes you a whole lot!!! Appreciate you being around again!

There aren't any news from this mod as I did not have lots of time for modding the last week. But wait, there actually is one little piece of news: Beta ready to download at the first page of this threat!

Have fun, really looking forward to you feedback!

Best regards, MCHALO12.
MCHALO12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #63
dcb
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 833
Downloads: 508
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHALO12 View Post
There aren't any news from this mod as I did not have lots of time for modding the last week. But wait, there actually is one little piece of news: Beta ready to download at the first page of this threat!
Yes, indeed very little piece of news, but... ESSENTIAL! It's here! Thanks for the great news and for the mod.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #64
brett25
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oakland CA, USA
Posts: 733
Downloads: 561
Uploads: 0
Default

thanks very much for this mod MCHALO12, downoading now....



Edit: hey one of the guys is sitting in my seat at the officers mess table! Great start, looks vry good. However now that I see it in game they definitely need some basic animation loops IMHO-heads moving, breathing- at the least. The stock guys in the control room don't move very much, but that little bit they do move is alot.

Last edited by brett25; 03-08-2011 at 09:28 PM.
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #65
HW3
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Irrigon Oregon
Posts: 5,488
Downloads: 425
Uploads: 0


Default

MCHALO12,

Thank you for your work on this mod. I noticed that the file path for the Textures is incomplete. The folders TNormal and tex are missing in it. Looking forward to testing this mod out.

__________________

Silently hunting in SH5 with TWoS mod
"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #66
Magic1111
Silent Hunter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany - Sailing on U-552 in North Atlantic
Posts: 4,414
Downloads: 777
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHALO12 View Post
Moin my friends,

thank you for your posts, especially to Diving Duck, every player of SH3 owes you a whole lot!!! Appreciate you being around again!

There aren't any news from this mod as I did not have lots of time for modding the last week. But wait, there actually is one little piece of news: Beta ready to download at the first page of this threat!

Have fun, really looking forward to you feedback!

Best regards, MCHALO12.
Many thanks, test it this evening when I´m beeing at home !
Magic1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #67
sabretwo
Frogman
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 295
Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default

It looks good and doesn't seem to affect frame rates at all. Just a few sugegstions...

1. Ditch the guy standing in the engine room with his arms extended upwards. He just doesn't look right. Maybe have him standing on the side with a cup of coffee watching the others working or something. But something about his position seems unnatural to see more than once.

2. Maybe a few guys in the bunks aft of the control room, sleeping or sitting accross from each other paying cards.

Looking good. I can't wait to se your final version!
sabretwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #68
brett25
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oakland CA, USA
Posts: 733
Downloads: 561
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Maybe a few guys in the bunks aft of the control room
That's a good suggestion as guys lying in any of the resting quarters will look natural even if they are not moving.
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #69
fitzcarraldo
Argentinischer Kaleun
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 3,488
Downloads: 1626
Uploads: 0


Default

@MChalo:

Excellent work, mate! All works fine in my GWX and LSH3v5.1 installations.

No drop of FPS.

Suggestion: some sailors resting, and some animations (heads or respiration).

Not so bad for me the machinist in diesels room. Awesome Johann the Phantom, I like it very much.

Many thanks, Mchalo! Congratulations!

@Brett25: Is the new "dat" file for Type VII compatible with your new Interiors Tweaks? I tested that in the STD FM Interiors (all OK), but not in this new with crew.

Best regards!

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #70
brett25
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oakland CA, USA
Posts: 733
Downloads: 561
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
@Brett25: Is the new "dat" file for Type VII compatible with your new Interiors Tweaks?
Hi Fitzcaraldo, it is. I made edits to FM's NSS_Uboat7_CR.dat, Mchalo has modded the NSS_Uboat7_RR.dat file. It seems like the lighting data is contained in the CR file however. In any case thats what im using, but I need to look into it some more.
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #71
fitzcarraldo
Argentinischer Kaleun
 
fitzcarraldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrived in U-977 after 60 days below
Posts: 3,488
Downloads: 1626
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
Hi Fitzcaraldo, it is. I made edits to FM's NSS_Uboat7_CR.dat, Mchalo has modded the NSS_Uboat7_RR.dat file. It seems like the lighting data is contained in the CR file however. In any case thats what im using, but I need to look into it some more.
Many thanks, Brett! Is included your camera.dat in the Aces´Multimod compatability fix? I use that mod, and it seems I have the wide camera...

Some images in my SH3 GWX:

This is a psichological image. Two crewmen. One, depressed because that damn war. The other, the exalted nazi adherent, secure of the 1000 Years Reich. Great, Mchalo!




...and the awesome Johann The Phantom in the diesels room:




Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #72
brett25
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oakland CA, USA
Posts: 733
Downloads: 561
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
This is a psichological image. Two crewmen. One, depressed because that damn war. The other, the exalted nazi adherent, secure of the 1000 Years Reich.


yes Aces include the wide camera in his mod too.
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #73
frau kaleun
Valkyrie
 
frau kaleun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Posts: 12,718
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post


yes Aces include the wide camera in his mod too.
Another question about the wide camera mod, the readme says it's based off of the FM New Interiors camera, does this mean it only works with FM New Interiors, or can you use it even if you're playing something other than a Type VII and don't have New Interiors enabled?
__________________
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:12 AM   #74
brett25
Seasoned Skipper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oakland CA, USA
Posts: 733
Downloads: 561
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Another question about the wide camera mod, the readme says it's based off of the FM New Interiors camera, does this mean it only works with FM New Interiors, or can you use it even if you're playing something other than a Type VII and don't have New Interiors enabled?
Hi Frau Kaleun, the camera should work regardless of the interior, although I havent tried it in anything other than a Type VII. What I do is overlay the camera.dat file last so as to overwrite any other camera files in the mod stack. You can either grab the camera from Aces FM interior compatibility mod (i don't believe Flakmonkey's original camera was wide angle), or download it from me (see above). Try it and let us know. If needed I can make one up for you that will work in another type boat.
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:56 AM   #75
frau kaleun
Valkyrie
 
frau kaleun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Posts: 12,718
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
Hi Frau Kaleun, the camera should work regardless of the interior, although I havent tried it in anything other than a Type VII. What I do is overlay the camera.dat file last so as to overwrite any other camera files in the mod stack. You can either grab the camera from Aces FM interior compatibility mod (i don't believe Flakmonkey's original camera was wide angle), or download it from me (see above). Try it and let us know. If needed I can make one up for you that will work in another type boat.
So basically we know for sure it's compatible with the Type VII and with FM New Interiors, but should/might work in other types?

I've already downloaded from the link above, I was just wondering if it was something I should enable via Commander only for the Type VII boats, or could put it in for everything... but I enable New Interiors that way, so I'd need to use Commander for it anyway to avoid the Interiors mod overwriting it when I launch the game. I don't think I have any mods enabled outside of Commander that affect the camera.dat file. Probably DD's Open Hatch does but I enable that in Commander only for Type IXs.

Well I will give it a try, of course it's not like I'm at all likely to play anything other than a Type VII. But I think one of the Academy tutorials is in a Type II maybe? That would be the quickest way to test outside of a VII methinks.
__________________
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2018 Subsim