Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-01-14, 10:33 AM   #1
ssn637
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Windows 10

The first thing I do after having installed the new Windows 10 Technical Preview will be to run a test of Dangerous Waters on this operating system. Here's hoping for a miracle. Otherwise it'll be back to Windows 7 or CrossOver in OS X.
ssn637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 01:35 PM   #2
SpyderTattoo
Nub

Downloads: 0

No one has answered my question up in the sticky section, but, will DW run on a Vista (32bit) operating system? I haven't seen anyone comment on Vista. I see XP, 7, 8, now 10. I don't want to buy DW unless I know it will run on Vista.
SpyderTattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 06:07 PM   #3
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
No one has answered my question up in the sticky section, but, will DW run on a Vista (32bit) operating system? I haven't seen anyone comment on Vista. I see XP, 7, 8, now 10. I don't want to buy DW unless I know it will run on Vista.
I replied in that thread to your question. Sometimes, you have to be patient when asking questions around here. You aren't being ignored rather than no one has got to the issue yet. This is especially so when the stick threads tend to get ignored as they age. Waiting a day and then hijacking another person's thread to ask the same question is not exactly polite.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 09:45 PM   #4
SpyderTattoo
Nub

Downloads: 0

Of course, my appologies ssn673. I didn't mean to jump in and hijack. I should have been more patient. In my excitement to possably get into this game I forgot my manners. No hard feelings I hope.
SpyderTattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 07:49 AM   #5
ssn637
Swabbie

Downloads: 23

Of course not. But I'd be surprised if Dangerous Waters wasn't compatible with Windows Vista since I never had any trouble with it in Windows 7.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to run in Windows 10, with identical symptoms to that experienced in Windows 8 and 8.1. Looks like a no go. I'm sticking with Windows 7 for now anyway; Windows 10 looks and feels like Windows 8 with a Start Menu. I don't see what all the hype is about...could have launched it as Windows 8.2.
ssn637 is offline   Reply With Quote