Old 03-15-10, 06:41 AM   #586
SubV
Planesman

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymar View Post
I need some explanation?
2) ID by visuals using TDC or some other method?
Use the Shift-I hotkey to identify the ship (I'm using the Church's SHV 1.1 Key Commands, dunno if these keys are working in the vanilla).
Quote:
4) in SH3/SH4 persiscope/UZO was stuck at the center of target. I could change part of target only by changing gyro angle (or there's something I do not know).
AFAIK, there are no way to set a gyro angle manually in SH5. Just point the crosshair at part of the ship where you want to hit it, and shoot.

Make sure you have your target unlocked before shooting.
SubV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 06:41 AM   #587
Decoman
Frogman

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Inconsistent relation between menu and hotkeys for torpedoes:

The torpedo system menu is unintuitive and a mess.

The selection of a torpedo tube on the menu with a single mouse click has clearly no function other than to show info on the torpedo in that tube. However, double clicking a tube seem to have a function, but that function seem to be, to close the tube number prior to this one.

Use of default hotkeys will cycle the selection of torpedo tubes, however by doing this, these actions (cycling tubes with hotkey back or forth) is cycling the graphics in the torpedo system menu. Now, the message will for the last toggle state "closing tube 1", but the graphic (black semi-transparent torpedo shape) cycles as I mentioned, and has moved to tube 2.

What I want (perhaps, there are no other buttons for flooding tubes):
• Being able to single click a tube to get info on torpedo
• To double click a tube, to flood that tube, while having option to also double click other tubes without anyone closing or whatnot. the torpedo door should open automatically shortly after, or simultaniously. Don't know what is 'realistic'.
• To double click a tube, to un-flood/close tubedoors, if tube(s) were flooded in the first place.

Also, thin black silhuette graphics found in "TorpedoPage.dds" is not scaled to match the alpha limit on torpedo graphics.
Decoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 02:24 PM   #588
crossy
Swabbie

Downloads: 67

Hi! I have big problem.Game Freezing When Syncing Save Files.Please help me.
crossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 03:04 PM   #589
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossy View Post
Hi! I have big problem.Game Freezing When Syncing Save Files.Please help me.
That's normal. It's synching, can't synch if you're doing stuff now can it?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 08:40 PM   #590
Erik the Black
Watch

Downloads: 11

The game is actually playable for me now, with the mods, fixes, and UI changes. Well, I say playable. I had just got it to a happy place game-wise, and was pushing 120,000 tons after 3 patrols.

Well, it isn't playable anymore. I can't get back home now. Within 5 minutes of loading my save game, I CTD. Every. Time. Regardless of what I am doing. Either it be on deck, on the Nav Map, in the crapper, no matter. This occured in SHIV, but it was apparently because of some errors in the radio.ini, and I fixed it with Radio Manager, but I don't know what the problem is this time around. It's throwing the good ole "Desktop Management" errors in the Applications Log.

So, it seems I am doomed to float aimlessly in the western approaches for eternity!
Erik the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 08:47 PM   #591
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik the Black View Post
The game is actually playable for me now, with the mods, fixes, and UI changes. Well, I say playable. I had just got it to a happy place game-wise, and was pushing 120,000 tons after 3 patrols.

Well, it isn't playable anymore. I can't get back home now. Within 5 minutes of loading my save game, I CTD. Every. Time. Regardless of what I am doing. Either it be on deck, on the Nav Map, in the crapper, no matter. This occured in SHIV, but it was apparently because of some errors in the radio.ini, and I fixed it with Radio Manager, but I don't know what the problem is this time around. It's throwing the good ole "Desktop Management" errors in the Applications Log.

So, it seems I am doomed to float aimlessly in the western approaches for eternity!
Turn all mods off. test again, and if you no longer get CTD then its one of the mods your using.
Old 03-15-10, 08:51 PM   #592
Erik the Black
Watch

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
Turn all mods off. test again, and if you no longer get CTD then its one of the mods your using.
Oh noes! I love my mods! I can't play without caving my face in with the corner of my keyboard without them!

On a serious note, I'll give that a whirl tonight when get home from work.
Erik the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 02:30 PM   #593
az
Watch

Downloads: 24
I love Ubisoft

WARNING! This is a major RANT. I appologize in advanced to members of this community if this is an inappropriate place for this, but I kinda really need a release valve. Feel free to skip this post

------------

I swore the last time that I wouldnt buy another SH game early, after IV. I should've learned my lesson since III was released bug ridden and IV turned out even worse on release.

But like all here, I'm a fan. So I go it soon I could. And now predictably it's the same thing again: I'm cursing Ubisoft at every
-buggy-missing-underdeveloped-changed without reason-added but not implemented-easily implemented but ignored- feature(s) in this so called finished product.

Some of the bugs is so god da**ed obvious that I refuse to beleive that Ubisoft are unaware of them. I mean: if you save-load in mission, crew morale drops to zero, but if you don't save-load in mission after a dive, your C02 goes up until you are dead... How could any tester missed something like that?

They couldn't. Ubisoft knows full well the state of the software on release. They just don't care. They force the developer to release something unfinished, take our money now and maybe fix a little here a little there when they feel like it. Meanwhile normal players have to rely on modders such as those in this community.

And on top of all this stinking pile of crud, they dump this unholy creation of a DRM that has only one purpose: To make life harder for paying customers. Pirates sure as heck don't have to worry about no master server. They sell us an unfinished game and then tell us when we can or can't play.

Getting SH IV up to shape took a while. I still remember how you guys basicly forced Ubisoft to release further patches when they've already said no more were planned. Seems likes if the same thing all over again. Ubisoft really has no regard for it's consumers, especially it seems this franchise in particular.

God I hate you Ubisoft.

-------------
Anyways sorry guys for the long rant . But I'm still fuming preety badly. Only got the game for less than as week so haven't been able to put it in storage and forget it until it's fixed or until a big overhaul mods comes along.

Az.
az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 06:37 PM   #594
KarlSteiner
Bosun

Downloads: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post

At least in Kiel, ships keep running into the sides of the harbor, backing up, then ramming the side of the harbor again. Over and over and over and over until they explode. It makes the entrance to the Kanal very interesting.

lol
Yes thats clear what it is:

There is a dirty old bug since SH3 between the ME and the game.
That means;

KI_ships do not follow waypoints exactly as they are defined in the MissionEditor and also seen in the internal MissionEditor_Simulation_Option!

They cannnot pass narrow distances as entrances of antisubnets or locks.

The reason is:
After the crys of some users that ships are colliding in the scene the programers had implemented a anticollision feature with the result that a ship tries to turn aside on narrow passages.

My proposal:

To delete this feature completely.
And let follow the KI-shps waypoints as exactely as the player ship do.

If ships do collide or not must be depend on the good or bad knowhow of the modder, only.

Otherwise we can forget a real coastal and habor traffic for ever.

Greetings

Karl
KarlSteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 07:35 PM   #595
VonLowe
Watch

Downloads: 56

Game keeps CTD on load of save games. Have to backtrack significantly to find one that works. Help!
VonLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 09:28 PM   #596
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Sorry if this was mentioned. Watch still reporting contacts when
submerged

Smoke on the horizon, task force sighted, blah, blah, blah.....

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 03:05 AM   #597
Tim Stan Armstrong
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Yes last night i was playing and while submerged at pd i accidently hit the man deck gun button, to my amazement deck gun was manned and started firing at the merch from 13m underwater!
Tim Stan Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 06:45 AM   #598
KarlSteiner
Bosun

Downloads: 257
Default MissionEditor Simulator Bug

Hi folks,

I had located some waypoints with no smaller distances as 1000 meter with a smal AI-Trawler.
And now the crux:

xxx Validation says o.k.!
xxx ME simulates the path correctly!

But in the game the AI_Ship doesnt do that.

Oh, I know it is an old bug since SH3,

but this makes coastal and harbor traffic nearly impossible.

The reason is that some people were angy about collisions of ships at the high seas, and so there was a patch to solve that. But now ships do not goal following waypoints exactly or they ignore the one or other.
I think it is better to implement the same exact waypointfeature as of the players boot.

It should be the work of the missionauthor to do that good or bad, only.

I hope the next patch will solve this problem, otherwise we can forget a precise and well working traffic near coast and Habors.

Best regards

Karl

Last edited by KarlSteiner; 03-17-10 at 07:05 AM.
KarlSteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 06:57 AM   #599
Junglist
Watch

Downloads: 21

1. Watch crew underwater

2. "Impotent" torpedoes. After reloading save game problem has dissapeared
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 05:30 PM   #600
elkinallen
Watch

Downloads: 1

Nemo, it is best to just not answer such rhetoric. That person is obviously an agitator.
elkinallen is offline   Reply With Quote