SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-17, 02:15 PM   #586
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
"One doesn't wish to get shot, now does One?"
Not even by a nut with blanks while horse-walking at the 'trooping of the colours' 1981
Quote:
A 17-year-old man has been arrested for shooting a replica gun at the Queen as she rode past crowds on horseback. Marcus Serjeant pointed a pistol directly at the Queen as she turned down Horseguards' Parade for the start of the Trooping the Colour ceremony. He fired six blank cartridges before being overcome by a Guardsman and police. He served more than three years in jail, before being released in October 1984. jailed for five years under the 1842 Treason Act, a law not used since 1966.
The former air cadet, from Folkestone, Kent, was found guilty of wilfully discharging at the person of Her Majesty the Queen a blank cartridge pistol, with intent to alarm her. The court was told that Serjeant had at one stage planned to kill the Queen, but had failed to obtain a suitable lethal weapon.
The shots startled the Queen's horse, but she was able to bring it back under control within a few seconds. The Queen had left Buckingham Palace 15 minutes earlier. She had ridden down the Mall and was turning into a crowded Horseguards' Parade when the incident occurred.
The monarch looked shaken by the episode, but soon recovered her composure. She comforted her 19-year-old horse, Burmese, which she has ridden in birthday parades since 1969. The procession continued as planned, and afterwards the Queen returned to Buckingham Palace by the same route, under the close watch of security services. This is not the first time a member of the royal family has faced danger from within a crowd of spectators. Seven years ago, a few yards down the Mall, Princess Anne was attacked by a gunman. Half a mile away in 1936 King Edward VIII faced a man with a loaded revolver. And Queen Victoria (9 attempts) was also shot at by a man with a gun in the Mall
Blanks in both cases...Prince Albert was not wounded as depicted in the movie or TV versions
Quote:

There is no evidence that Prince Albert received any injury. The scriptwriter for the film has admitted that the injury has been added to the film's story for dramatic effect.
Oxford who insisted the two pistols held only powder went on to be tried for high treason at the Old Bailey on 6 July 1840, but was acquitted on the grounds of insanity and sent to Bethlehem Hospital
. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Oxford
'The best armor is to avoid the battlefield'....if you're a royal, stay outta the Mall imho.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 03:31 PM   #587
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Slept for over 10 hours last night thanks to the onset of a migraine. Dosed up on paracetamol and ibuprofen so the aura and a dull head was the worst of it. Felt really refreshed today. Reading Operation Drumbeat, gripping stuff.
Old 02-27-17, 03:36 PM   #588
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

This is for Steve (plus get some sleep) I think you could add something like this for your band to play with or without the horn:
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 03:47 PM   #589
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Reading Operation Drumbeat, gripping stuff.
< this o'l Drumbeater(#1 in tonnage) caused a few headaches and is still kickin' at ( born 18 March 1913) nearly 104! http://argunners.com/watch-reinhard-hardegen-of-u123-u147-interview/ Never mind the German speke... I should look this sharp/good at that age! I understand he still drives a car and still golfs!
Quote:
(For the drum-beater Hardegen. Well done! Good beating. Dönitz.
https://www.facebook.com/reinhard.hardegen.3

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-12-17 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-27-17, 04:35 PM   #590
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Not long took a call from a PPI claims company and explained I'd made a previous claim but failed only to be informed there had been a recent court ruling stating the bank I dealt with all those years ago had been found guilty of failing to take previous claimants seriously.

So it all begins again.
I feel for you Jim, the old PPI dance. Stick with it mate and good luck.
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 04:51 PM   #591
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Slept for over 10 hours last night thanks to the onset of a migraine. Dosed up on paracetamol and ibuprofen so the aura and a dull head was the worst of it. Felt really refreshed today. Reading Operation Drumbeat, gripping stuff.
Don't know if i mentioned that already, but did you try a high dose of Magnesium, together with two Aspirine tablets (or any brand containing acetyl salicyl acid) ?
Works instantly for a lot of people i know.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 06:27 PM   #592
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman.

Quote: Slept for over 10 hours last night thanks to the onset of a migraine. Dosed up on paracetamol and ibuprofen so the aura and a dull head was the worst of it. Felt really refreshed today. Reading Operation Drumbeat, gripping stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Don't know if i mentioned that already, but did you try a high dose of Magnesium, together with two Aspirine tablets (or any brand containing acetyl salicyl acid) ?
Works instantly for a lot of people i know.

I never tried what Catfish has said but Excedrin Migraine tablets along with a drink with a moderate amount of caffeine works well for a lot of people.

Thanks for the information Kai.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 09:35 AM   #593
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Exchanged messages via Messenger today with the boy He is due home next week) and he informs me "Hi dad how's you? Sorry I've not been in touch, it's been crazy here at the moment we had one of our officers go home due to her mother being sent into hospital. How's everything at home? I'm good and had a great trip so far, the day after tmro we are going on a tour to the Mayan ruins in Mexico so that should be good."

Such a hard life!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-17, 11:15 AM   #594
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
...the day after tmro we are going on a tour to the Mayan ruins in Mexico so that should be good."

Such a hard life!!
Tell him to B extra careful when 'Chaakin' out those ruins! http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-sacrifice-idUSWRI32680820080123

Old 03-01-17, 11:45 AM   #595
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

I see my son safely onto the school bus this morning... the driver waves to me, the kids all wave to me... the only one who doesn't is my son
Old 03-03-17, 06:15 PM   #596
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Hey Rhodes I saw Dr Who today at my work gaff. Yes Matt Smith you should have seen the school kids wanting his autograph, old Matt was filming The Crown some drama on the Royal Family on Netflix.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 03-03-17 at 06:40 PM.
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-17, 07:23 PM   #597
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Was able to bust The Frau out of the hospital today. Gastric Bypass. Hopefully it will kill her re-flux problems and the damage. It is also supposed to reduce a rather significant risk of stomach cancer.

The doctor says everything went well, but what does he know? If I want medical advice, I get it form anonymous posters on Internets Tubes forums like everyone else does.

But eating wise, her life has changed significantly. It will take some getting used to. She has to start on Liquid Protein... and yes, I have already had my face slapped.
Old 03-04-17, 08:09 PM   #598
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Hey Platapus, all the best wishes for 'The Frau'. Speedy recovery and good health.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-17, 09:47 AM   #599
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Best Wishes from the Buna household

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-17, 08:00 PM   #600
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I see my son safely onto the school bus this morning... the driver waves to me, the kids all wave to me... the only one who doesn't is my son

What would you do if you were him ?

[QUOTE=Platapus;2470397]Was able to bust The Frau out of the hospital today. Gastric Bypass. Hopefully it will kill her re-flux problems and the damage. It is also supposed to reduce a rather significant risk of stomach cancer.

The doctor says everything went well, but what does he know? If I want medical advice, I get it form anonymous posters on Internets Tubes forums like everyone else does.

But eating wise, her life has changed significantly. It will take some getting used to. She has to start on Liquid Protein... and yes, I have already had my face slapped. [/QUOTE

Best wishes Platapus to you and your wife and your wife's recovery.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote