SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-27-09, 03:35 AM   #631
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Did you install the latest patch ?
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 04:46 AM   #632
kipper
Watch

Downloads: 7

Tx, I tried to patch again and it must not have overwritten files in the first attempt to patch.

Thanks

K

EDIT: I have to say this mod is an amazing achievement - the graphics modelling, although not something I am too interested in, is amazing and very well done. Many many hours of hard work went into this.

Last edited by kipper; 09-27-09 at 06:11 AM.
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 08:42 PM   #633
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Well, I've put the JSGME compatible version on hold at the moment. While the .bat file is complete and seems to work obviously something is still wrong because I get the aforementioned errors. And that even after installing the RA mod (with the modified bat) on a completely clean and fresh installed DW plus I double checked that I done everything the original install.bat does.

Guess I have to get back to the drawing board and check it again.

On a sidenote, since I want to include the audio packs as optional modules I will have to convert those .bat's as well which will take some more time once the RA mod itself if working as intended.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 05:07 AM   #634
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

The only thing I found was the DW_Opening wav file doesn't play when the Opening cinematics is running.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 01:47 PM   #635
caymanlee
Medic

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deisel Submarine View Post
I would like to know Caymanlee how you got the editor to open the RA data base thanks.
with all due respect to RA team, I have to hack something for fun
caymanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 02:51 PM   #636
kipper
Watch

Downloads: 7

I have noticed, with truth on for testing other items, that US SSNs tend to cruise of the surface quite a bit (and nearly pay for it with their lives sometimes!). Is this a doctrine issue?
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 05:11 PM   #637
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymanlee View Post
with all due respect to RA team, I have to hack something for fun
It not a difficult part.

For an fun, it is possible for example to make Russian helicopter KA-27- system of the world in meters instead of ft and yards.

Out of respect for us - you too can it hacking
Old 09-28-09, 06:17 PM   #638
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GrayOwl- View Post
It not a difficult part.

For an fun, it is possible for example to make Russian helicopter KA-27- system of the world in meters instead of ft and yards.

Out of respect for us - you too can it hacking
GrayOwl,

please tell us.. what is the logic behind weak LWT torpedoes in RA???

I think the low damage values for these weapons can make a scenario unplayable for a helo against a submarine. And we all know the primary role of the helo is ASW.

low values of these weapons are stripping the role and capability of ASW from helos and frigates.

please respond...
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 10:59 PM   #639
caymanlee
Medic

Downloads: 32

Quote:
you mean something like this?
caymanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 03:24 AM   #640
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have in a kind just it: " This Command text and voice part still need some detail work ".
But I do not see detailed work...
Such helicopter cannot be used in game.
Old 09-29-09, 07:31 AM   #641
suBB
Chief

@ goldorak and anyone else investigating low damage values:

did anyone run some other tests on how LWTs perform against other subs, like the US hulls, or SSKs??? if so what were your results.. I'm still in the process of trying to determine the worth and value of this mod. I’m thinking if this ‘issue’ is across the board on submarines, then its definitely a real problem.

and then, shortly after we get a response, but not about the inquiry about low damage values ...

Quote:
I have in a kind just it: " This Command text and voice part still need some detail work ".
But I do not see detailed work...
Such helicopter cannot be used in game.

It appears to be that our claim of a blemish in RA mod is deliberately being ignored. And it will be left to the DW community reach their own conclusions and determine the real worth and value of RA mod.

As far as I’m concerned, low damage values on air and surface units isn't an issue if all you are doing is using submarines(i.e. sub vs sub), which basically says, that the RA mod really isn't a mod, it's just another DM scenario.

But low damage values is an issue when we start talking about MP objective based scenarios, where the role and capability of ASW on air and surface platforms are no longer effective, thus reducing the mod to 1/3 of its full worth and value.

I derive 1/3 value retained from the effectiveness of just submarines, and 2/3 of value lost in the inabilities of air and surface units in its current state as a whole.

Old 09-29-09, 02:53 PM   #642
pjb1
Seaman

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by suBB View Post
@ goldorak and anyone else investigating low damage values:

did anyone run some other tests on how LWTs perform against other subs, like the US hulls, or SSKs??? if so what were your results.. I'm still in the process of trying to determine the worth and value of this mod. I’m thinking if this ‘issue’ is across the board on submarines, then its definitely a real problem.

and then, shortly after we get a response, but not about the inquiry about low damage values ...

It appears to be that our claim of a blemish in RA mod is deliberately being ignored. And it will be left to the DW community reach their own conclusions and determine the real worth and value of RA mod.

As far as I’m concerned, low damage values on air and surface units isn't an issue if all you are doing is using submarines(i.e. sub vs sub), which basically says, that the RA mod really isn't a mod, it's just another DM scenario.

But low damage values is an issue when we start talking about MP objective based scenarios, where the role and capability of ASW on air and surface platforms are no longer effective, thus reducing the mod to 1/3 of its full worth and value.

I derive 1/3 value retained from the effectiveness of just submarines, and 2/3 of value lost in the inabilities of air and surface units in its current state as a whole.

I havent tested this but LWTs are, i dont want to say weak, but not strong, henceforth the name LightWeight Torpedo. Over at NWP i know LWTs are also wimpy. I have needed many to kills Typhoons in Fleet Command.
pjb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 03:20 PM   #643
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb1 View Post
I havent tested this but LWTs are, i dont want to say weak, but not strong, henceforth the name LightWeight Torpedo. Over at NWP i know LWTs are also wimpy. I have needed many to kills Typhoons in Fleet Command.
Maybe, but the way damages have been assigned to LWT makes the use not only of air units, but surface units irrelevant in RA.
Now understand I'm not asking for 1 shot =1 kill, but considering that torpedos are very easily spoofed in RA, and that a helo for instance only carries 3 torpedos, it becomes a gameplay/balance problem because you'll never be able to sink any playable sub if you're playing on a helo.
Its just not possibile since all 3 torpedo have to hit to sub to score a kill.
So maybe for GAMEPLAY purposes it would be well advised to increase damage to 50% so that 2 torpedos are sufficient to have a kill.
I think it is a necessary change because otherwise there is no point at all in playing on helo or air units. Let alone surface units.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-09, 08:47 PM   #644
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Or can something be done with damage effect say a damaged sub would have increased noise signature, [some] disabled tubes, reduced top-speed, reduced max depth, disabled sonar passive and or active.

So a say a 30% damaged sub would lose say 60% of its lethality and stealth while a 50% damaged sub would lose 100% of its lethality and 80% of its stealth.

If that could be done air units could be used to weaken a sub substantially as to render it pretty much neutralized.

In real life a 50% hull damage to a nuclear sub would most probably sink it.
Old 09-30-09, 12:53 AM   #645
suBB
Chief

Quote:
Or can something be done with damage effect say a damaged sub would have increased noise signature, [some] disabled tubes, reduced top-speed, reduced max depth, disabled sonar passive and or active.

So a say a 30% damaged sub would lose say 60% of its lethality and stealth while a 50% damaged sub would lose 100% of its lethality and 80% of its stealth.
from a strategic point of view, the role and capability of air and surface(frigate) is Anti Submarine Warfare, not Semi Submarine Warfare. the weapons on these platforms should be able to own an SSK probably in 1 shot, down a nuke in up to 2 shots with the weakest LWT warhead, and the same number against a typhoon with a heavier warhead.

Quote:
If that could be done air units could be used to weaken a sub substantially as to render it pretty much neutralized.

In real life a 50% hull damage to a nuclear sub would most probably sink it.
I think in real life, ASW air and surface (frigates) are in the business of killing submarines not crippling them. Any mod that claims realism should reflect that...

Tags
reinforce alert