SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-12-09, 05:18 PM   #1
Redeagle
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese U-47 View Post
Hi guys,could you help me for search pictures of Project O Battlecruiser,as more as possiblePhotos of models would be the best
I have enough datas of this ship,but not enough pictures to help making the 3d model.I need your help.
Thank you,guys.
What i found fast was only this: http://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmari...ro/image2.html The O-Pro seems not as famous as the H-class
Redeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 11:53 PM   #2
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeagle View Post
What i found fast was only this: http://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmari...ro/image2.html The O-Pro seems not as famous as the H-class
Unfortunate.....That's one of sits shield by our great gov
Could you please show the pictures hereI mean,upload the pictures to http://photobucket.com/
and then show them here.Thank you
Old 10-13-09, 12:59 AM   #3
miner1436
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese U-47 View Post
Unfortunate.....That's one of sits shield by our great gov
Could you please show the pictures hereI mean,upload the pictures to http://photobucket.com/
and then show them here.Thank you
miner1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-09, 02:43 AM   #4
Von Talon
A-ganger

Downloads: 67

Chinese U-47, thank you for this mod! I reinstalled my SH3 and all sounds are working fine. But should I now get GWX? 1.4 is pretty lame.

EDIT: OK, I upgraded to GWX. And in my first patrol, I hit the JACKPOT! My Bismarck decimated a large convoy and Rodney battleship! (weird to have a battleship in the middle of a convoy) AND, I SURVIVED with 100% Hull interegity (I didn't spell right I quess)

And first bugs:
- My radar took few hits, and my radar guy started to cry: "Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed! Radar destroyed..."

He screamed that all the way back to Brest. The radar wasn't even severely damaged, and it worked fine.

- During the battle, I my guns were acting weird. They fired, and then they turned back to their "normal position" to reload. Then they turned back towards enemy to fire, and then returned back again to their "normal position" to reload. Why's this?

- This isn't actually a bug, but can't the guns "track" two diffirent targets at time? There are enemy destroyers around me. When my port cannons are shooting the destroyers on my port side, my starboard cannons wont shoot the starboard side destroyers. When I order the stb side cannons to shoot the stb side destroyers, the port side cannons stop firing. Did I do something wrong? I pressed the "Fire at will" -button. Should I press something else?

Btw, are there anyone else playing WSM3.0 multiplayer? Im tired of getting kicked from servers becouse "Bismarck not allowed dang it"

Last edited by Von Talon; 10-13-09 at 12:26 PM.
Von Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-09, 12:35 PM   #5
Redeagle
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Talon View Post

- This isn't actually a bug, but can't the guns "track" two diffirent targets at time? There are enemy destroyers around me. When my port cannons are shooting the destroyers on my port side, my starboard cannons wont shoot the starboard side destroyers. When I order the stb side cannons to shoot the stb side destroyers, the port side cannons stop firing. Did I do something wrong? I pressed the "Fire at will" -button. Should I press something else?
This is, because the main game is a submarine sim. It is supposed to track ONE target.
The opportunity to target AND engage multiple targets was not part of U-boat warfare. In addition, most ships (D-Land class for example could NOT) cap ships were able to engage different targets with bow and stern turrets. This would make up to 4 targets at a time (1 bow, 1 aft, 1 port and 1 starboard)
I'm not sure if even Chinese can change that.

#edit: @Chinese: Hope this works http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/af145/RedeagleGER/
Old 10-13-09, 01:33 PM   #6
Von Talon
A-ganger

Seriously, WTF is this?

This guy seems to be in every boat. Is this somekind of joke or just a mistake?
Old 10-13-09, 02:00 PM   #7
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Wow, the chinese!

First, you dont see them at all. And suddenly they rule or change the whole Planet!
Old 10-13-09, 02:00 PM   #8
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Downloads: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Talon View Post
Seriously, WTF is this?

This guy seems to be in every boat. Is this somekind of joke or just a mistake?
this men a swiming and need freash air but english more like water if asked for on mian Gun
p.s. sorry my bad english
Lipud U-107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 02:09 PM   #9
Freiwillige
The Old Man

Downloads: 24

I posted this at the SHIII main forum but anybody thinking of trying this mod should read this.

Well I just had an intense hour and a half long surface action Against

1 HMS Hood Battlecruiser
1 fleet carrier
1 HMS Rodney Battleship
1 HMS Nelson Battleship
2 light cruisers
7 destroyers

vs

1 Deutschland class pocket battleship

Got a contact report for a task force heading into the Irish sea. Must be going to lock ewe I thought so I hit the channel at flank speed for the intercept. I first spotted two destroyers closing fast. I held my fire until the range was 1,500 meters and then tore into the destroyers charging me and took out three in as many minutes! Just as the last one went under I spotted the task force on the horizon.

Keeping my speed up at 26 knots I engaged the carrier at 9,000 meters and scored several 4.5" gun hits on her. turning 90 degrees starboard I was then running parallel to the task force when I sighted the hood at 8,400 meters and engaged her. After zig zagging and landing several main gun hits with my 11"\280mm guns and a multitude of smaller gun hits his range was getting close so I zipped out of range and re-engaged the carrier at maximum range. The fat carrier was an easy broadside for my 11" guns who soon found their range and landed crippling blows along her waterline while again the 4.5" rained down on her.
She began listing to her starboard side so I kept shelling her all while dodging the Hood the Rodney and the Nelson's Guns.

A few more 11" gun hits tore into the side of the fleet carrier and she started to nose into the drink and I could see her start to go under! I knew the show was up so I again returned my fire on the Hood.

I had ended up crossing the T on the battle group as I passed then cut them off. And again destroyers were charging in and getting torn to pieces in my teeth. Brave chaps though one and all.

Several of the enemy's smaller guns started finding their mark on me so zig zagging the whole time I concentrated my fire on the HMS Hood who was in the lead and badly damaged by this point.

Just when my main guns again started to find their pattern around the Hood I run out of 11" shells!

I pepper him with 4.5" for a solid 20 minutes and although he looks like a wreck he continues on in his stubborn path knowing full well that my smaller fire couldn't breach his armored hulk and all the while lobbing his big shells back at me.

After yet again a damaging blow by the HMS hood and HMS Rodney's smaller guns I disengage the HMS Hood and swing around to the back quarter of the fleet and engage the two light cruisers.

at 6,500 meters my guns get their range as my 4.5's penetrate below their lightly armored waterlines and send them both to the bottom in a short running battle, but not before the Rodney and Nelson return fire and knock out my main pumps.

The Graf Spee was wounded and was looking a little beat up but she was not taking on water and still had top speed so I disengaged to the north and set course flank speed for Kiel.

Arriving to a hero's welcome and a Knight cross with oak leaves and diamonds and a grand cross!

The score total
1 fleet carrier sunk
7 destroyers sunk
2 light cruisers sunk
4 merchants sunk
and
1 HMS hood badly damaged.

For 1 Graf Spee with medium\light damage!

I love this MOD!
Freiwillige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-09, 05:05 PM   #10
kdv
Loader

Downloads: 37

Yup, read all that - great read .

Von Talon, great tips and advice.

Got the Bismarck working as per your advice - it's the one I wanted to play with anyways out of this whole package.

Started a new campaign in October, raided Scapa first, no Royal Oak present. Butchered just about everything else in there though. Waited for Hood and Nelson which came along just as you said - 15:00 on the 5th.

Managed to get Hood to start sinking, but Nelson finished me off. Where's Prinze Eugen when you need him ?

GREAT Mod, Thanks again U47, I'm going to have lots of fun with this one.
kdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-09, 03:54 AM   #11
Von Talon
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdv View Post
Yup, read all that - great read .

Von Talon, great tips and advice.

Got the Bismarck working as per your advice - it's the one I wanted to play with anyways out of this whole package.

Started a new campaign in October, raided Scapa first, no Royal Oak present. Butchered just about everything else in there though. Waited for Hood and Nelson which came along just as you said - 15:00 on the 5th.

Managed to get Hood to start sinking, but Nelson finished me off. Where's Prinze Eugen when you need him ?

GREAT Mod, Thanks again U47, I'm going to have lots of fun with this one.
Royal Oak arrives there at 5th Octouber, so you should play with Hood and Nelson first!

You can control only one big turret yourself, but you can still order all 4 turrets to shoot a specific target of course.

Btw, have you tried Bismarck's broadside? target a ship approacing you, hold fire, and when the targeted ship is close to you, FIRE! You get huge explosion!
Old 10-16-09, 08:43 AM   #12
ceki
Seaman

Downloads: 36

Man, You did a great job with this mod. I'm playing it and I am amazed.
Though I have few suggestions. Maybe you can edit somehow periscope to be a command view from which player can shoot from all guns at the same time. Also I noticed that I can control only one cannon (maybe SH3 stock bug?)
Maybe you can somehow put crosshair on anti-aircraft cannons?
Nevertheless this is one helluva mod worth of playing.

Keep up a good work!!!
ceki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 02:31 AM   #13
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

you are doing amazing work Chinese U-47 !! well done !!

ps: one question :i like very much the color of gun's tubes in your picture at post 65 (right ship)
how can i make darker the gun's tubes ? (only the tubes....not the whole gun)

keep on good work !!

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 04:34 AM   #14
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Downloads: 30
Chinese U-47 this ship look awosem !!!!!!!

p.s. sorry my bad eng.
Lipud U-107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 05:21 AM   #15
Redeagle
Sailor man

GREAT piece of art

I played the Bismarck mission with Scharnhorst. both, POW and Nelson were badly damaged (starboard side all black and 2nd artillery on fire), but i could not sink one of them 'till I was out of ammo on primary and secondary artillerie!
I'll try again

It seems like i can't play any other mission than Bismarck. I tried again a convoy-mission and ended up with the stuck loading bar again

I found out that i have to wait more than 10 minutes, than it finally will start. At least the Alexandria-mission (Barham) worked like that.
But the Scharnhorst is not powerfull enough to sink one of the Revenge-class ships.

Last edited by Redeagle; 10-17-09 at 01:05 PM.