Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-05, 08:28 PM   #1
Adm. Ahab
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

First, I would like to say to the devs. I think this is a great game. Been hooked on modern sub games since playing Red Storm Rising as a young lad, on the C64. Loved Janes 688 but lost it when stationed overseas (Army) and have been looking for a good sub game for some time (how did I miss SC?).

Any way, here are some bugs I've noticed while playing.

1) In the Campaign Russian Rebellion (Mission 1), the trigger for finding the SSBN has the text of the message to the P3 and is from 7th Fleet commander. It should be for the Akula from Commander Northern Fleet. The other 2 triggers for the same event (the 688 and P3) are fine. I fixed it myself but I thought I'd mention it, as it’s a simple fix for the devs.

2) Not sure if this is a bug as I'm no expert but when raising the Radio mast on all Russian subs, it looks like the Snorkel is raising and visa versa. As I said, I'm no expert but the mast that raises for snorkel looks way too small for air to flow through, were as the cone shaped mast looks more like a snorkel to me.

3) The USNI reference labels the Akula 1 K-154 as the Tigr and the Akula 1 Imp K157 as the Vepr? but they are reversed in the game. Not sure which one is reversed.

Feature Requests.

1) I would really like a playable Victor III. I love Russian subs and this one in particular. The Akula has been done several times but this one has never been covered. It would open the possibility for more realistic match ups for late cold war scenarios. Since the 3d model is already included most of the stations could be re-used except the weapons panel (different tube layout). If not please consider including it in any add on. The same for the Akula 1 (not improved) as a playable sub. The stations should be the same so this one should be real easy. I would also like the early 688 as well. Since this would require a redone weapons station (no VLS), this is more of a wish (pretty pretty please!) but I'd rather have a playable Victor III.

2) An adjustable volume for all hydrophones. If not, lower the volume of the button clicks for the stations on the 688; they are very loud in comparison to the Hydrophones.

I realize there are time constraints for patches and I would rather have all of the bugs fixed rather then new features added.

Thanks
Adm. Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote