SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-11, 12:58 PM   #301
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

The funniest moment in the game for me so far was beating up a woman, this nord woman with issues about being dropped by the companions reckons she could take me out so I challenge her to the duel besides this is Skyrim and it would be a dishonor to not accept a duel . Trading punches with a woman and beating her is the funniest thing ever . Then in the same Inn I come across this other woman who was upset that the musician was making advances at her and she wanted him to stop. So I offered to help her out & beat the snot out of him. What got my blood boiling was he told me I was jealous. Me jealous of you! Your going down sucker! I should of rolled a Bard.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 11-14-11 at 01:14 PM.
kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 02:01 PM   #302
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
The funniest moment in the game for me so far was beating up a woman, this nord woman with issues about being dropped by the companions reckons she could take me out so I challenge her to the duel besides this is Skyrim and it would be a dishonor to not accept a duel . Trading punches with a woman and beating her is the funniest thing ever . Then in the same Inn I come across this other woman who was upset that the musician was making advances at her and she wanted him to stop. So I offered to help her out & beat the snot out of him. What got my blood boiling was he told me I was jealous. Me jealous of you! Your going down sucker! I should of rolled a Bard.
I had a similar incident with a local tough guy in Windhelm. He didn't like the Dunmer (I'm playing an Imperial archer/swordsman type) and insulted me when I stuck up for them. He challenged me to fistycuffs, so I obliged.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 02:02 PM   #303
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

It's old but the Skyrim spin made me laugh hard.

EDIT: Oh and

Last edited by Dowly; 11-14-11 at 02:50 PM.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 03:11 PM   #304
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
It's old but the Skyrim spin made me laugh hard.

EDIT: Oh and

So true. Damn giants I tried to take one on early in the game, got smashed in about two hits.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 03:17 PM   #305
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
So true. Damn giants I tried to take one on early in the game, got smashed in about two hits.
That's why I give their camps a wiiiiiiiide berth.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 03:28 PM   #306
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Yes I'm reading all this. And cannot get used to the title, "Skyrim". Always reads like "Skybird", and the first second I wonder "What, why me again?".

Probably an issue with my ego.
Old 11-14-11, 03:33 PM   #307
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

I picked up "finns Lute" found the lady who wanted it, completed the quest and got the reward but I can't get the lute out of my inventory its a 'quest item' Anybody else encounter this?
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 03:38 PM   #308
SgtPotato
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 96

I'm trying to get myself launched to the orbit by a giant. But, no avail.
SgtPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 03:40 PM   #309
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
I picked up "finns Lute" found the lady who wanted it, completed the quest and got the reward but I can't get the lute out of my inventory its a 'quest item' Anybody else encounter this?
Yep. I have two versions of Azura's Star - one broken, one not. Definitely a quest item bug.

Also: the 10 best Skyrim mods so far. Can't wait to get home and try some out: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/th...m-mods-so-far/

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 11-14-11, 03:51 PM   #310
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

^ Good luck trying to download anything from SkyrimNexus.com, been extremely slow these past days.

Good place to keep track of new mods is the Nexus Forum's Skyrim Uploaded Files board.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 04:12 PM   #311
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post

I had to give this lady an amulet of talos her brother wore for a quest. She recognized that I got it before I needed too, and gave me a reward. I never received the reward, and I still have the amulet in my inventory, the quest also still shows active in my misc, although it no longer has a location. When I talk to her she thanks me for helping her out.

In regards to the giants, I'm level 18 and they still kill me in two hits, although when I encountered one at level 8 I realized the best way to kill it is to stock up on stamina potions, and then run back and forth shooting arrows at it. You can get one to two arrows in before he gets to your location. Best part is you can run straight past him if you're fast enough.
Old 11-14-11, 05:06 PM   #312
Drewcifer
Commodore

aside from some broken quests, and random bugs I have to say this is the best elder scrolls game ever. Ussually I just grind out and get the best spells. But I love how there is an actual sense of progression. I can't just buy all the spells now, things dont' exist until you reach the level to have them.

I know its dumb but it gives me this false sense of progression thru the game.
Old 11-14-11, 06:27 PM   #313
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Ah, a talking dog named Barbas. That means you-know-who is close.

Old 11-14-11, 07:23 PM   #314
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Finally bit the bullet and signed on with the Stormcloaks, who I believe were signed under the Motown label for a time. I figured that since gods are real in this universe, and Talos is one of those gods, that I should probably sign on with the winning side. After all, I remember the ending of Oblivion. Besides, no way am I licking Aldmeri boot.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 08:09 PM   #315
Drewcifer
Commodore

Giants can indeed one hit kill you which sucks, but now at level 25 my Mage has some very potent spells and I can one hit kill them as well. Still Dragons seem to scale with your level so some of these guys, more so the 'named' dragons seem to resist extremely powerful spells really well, like "wall of storms" which does like 90 damage a second.